DIY Teacup Candle
Candles are always cozy and warm. Tea is also cozy and warm. Combine teacups and candles and you have the ultimate in cozy and warm. This simple and unique craft is perfect for gifts or decorations or just around the house pick-me-up additions. Plus, it’s super simple to do.
- Beeswax pellets: you can find this at a craft store or even some health food stores
- Find a teacup! Either raid your mom’s old china or look for loose teacups at a thrift store. Get a saucer too and make your candle real cute.
- Fill the cup to the brim with the wax pellets.
- Stick the wick upright in the pellets.
- Sometimes two pieces of cardboard stapled together makes a good brace for the wick, otherwise it may flop down.
- Stick in the oven at 200˚ Fahrenheit.
- Once the wax is melted turn the oven off. Leave the teacups in the oven as it cools down. If the wax cools too quickly it’ll crack and not make the best candle. It may be best to leave the candles in the oven overnight.
- Trim the wick and enjoy the cozy-warm!
Have Your Say
Is there another craft where you could use old teacups? Garden planters, a mobile?…Tell us your ideas in the comment's section below!