Comments

Dear Dish-it: I'm Sleep Deprived

Sleepy asks: I have gotten into the habit of watching Youtube on my iPad or a movie on my portable DVD player in bed. It started when I had a few nightmares and my mom said I could watch a movie in bed. But now I can’t sleep without it! I can’t fall asleep until midnight and in the morning I am so tired. How can I overcome this addiction? Back to Article

imaddicted
imaddicted wrote:
2013-01-26 12:11:06 -0800

haha oh my gosh I do this :') I will be awake until like.. 2 in the morning just watching videos and commenting on stuff. really need to get out of this habbit

Zara3101
Zara3101 wrote:
2013-01-26 11:03:43 -0800

I am too I stay awake all the time waiting for my closest friends too come online

prettygurlrock10
prettygurlrock10 wrote:
2013-01-26 07:57:53 -0800

I stay up til like 3pm til 2am now beat that but its only at my sisters house ok.

lemonadewithbrownies
lemonadewithbrownies wrote:
2013-01-26 07:13:47 -0800

ha ha,that's nothing,im sleep deprived from staying up til 10 for homework every schoolday.beat that.i start as soon as i get home on my homework to.

gerballuv2002
gerballuv2002 wrote:
2013-01-24 17:05:46 -0800

ME 9:30

Zara3101
Zara3101 wrote:
2013-01-23 15:15:19 -0800

'11pm' I stay up talking with friends on kids world up to like 2am 3am maximum

skyedogburger
skyedogburger wrote:
2013-01-22 15:55:23 -0800

nicole can I talk to you in chat room

skyedogburger
skyedogburger wrote:
2013-01-22 15:54:07 -0800

Im on to a strict 7pm my mom gets it till 9pm then we start all over she is so strict lol Big Grin

nicolemarie
nicolemarie wrote:
2013-01-22 15:37:52 -0800

ooo im like on my laptop till 11pm everynight

wolfiegal
wolfiegal wrote:
2013-01-22 15:34:55 -0800

Yeah… that’s like alicia. SHE’S ON KIDZWORLD LIKE ALL THE TIME!!!! alicia a.k.a brunostar

swagal91
swagal91 wrote:
2013-01-22 13:51:50 -0800

ikr anyway sleepy try and spray some lavender scented perfume i might help

A.J.swaqq$$
A.J.swaqq$$ wrote:
2013-01-21 20:56:50 -0800

I have tried that but it doesn't work for me,I'm still on my tablet everynight

swagg 4u
swagg 4u wrote:
2013-01-20 19:27:15 -0800

oh i can sleep by havin my tv off lights off and nice and silent with no noise

123an
123an wrote:
2013-01-20 19:21:04 -0800

Try to cut your tv off close your eyes and maybe that will help

Little_Miss_2000
Little_Miss_2000 wrote:
2013-01-20 11:05:38 -0800

omg it's the same for me Frown

-CamrynT-
-CamrynT- wrote:
2013-01-19 18:27:41 -0800

Or else I can't sleep

-CamrynT-
-CamrynT- wrote:
2013-01-19 18:26:45 -0800

I have that problem too. Indifferent I have to be on my phone for a while before I go to bed or else I can't sleep.

tucan9
tucan9 wrote:
2013-01-19 13:18:52 -0800

I'm the same it's horrible for me cuz my parents take my phone away at night !!!! ;(

OrganicSyndrome
OrganicSyndrome wrote:
2013-01-16 09:12:05 -0800

If you can't sleep place a head of lavender in a
tissue or drop some lavender oil on a cotton bud. Place this under your pillow or inside your pillow
case (the latter works better). This may help you
sleep.

PrideInWastedYouth
PrideInWastedYouth wrote:
2013-01-15 18:21:14 -0800

I have this problem but I go to my bed and just lay there but I don't sleep. Sometimes I do go to sleep but it's only for a couple of hours. I've stayed up for days and nothing really happens to me. I don't get sick or feel tired. I just can't seem to sleep.

Poll

How Many Hours of Sleep Do You Get?

• About 9 hours.
  • Less than 9 hours.
  • More than 9 hours.
  • It differs every night.

Micro_sleepover_micro
Lovely_Ladiie asks: "One of my BFFs is having a hotel party/sleepover. I am totally scared! I've ...
Micro_whyyouneedsleep-micro
If your parents give you grief about sleeping late, tell them kids need more sleep than adults! L...
Have you ever woken up and found yourself in a sticky situation? You were probably sleepwalking. ...
Is your mom's or dad's snoring keeping you up at night? Hey, maybe you're waking yourself up. Wel...

LollipopR
LollipopR posted in Style:
Leggings
John Appetite
John Appetite posted in Friends:
"FloraTheWolf" wrote:One thing that I have noticed is that a lot of people seem to think they should have a boyfriend or a girlfriend as soon as possible, but they don't need to until its the right time just for them. You don't have to be forced to fall in love with someone if you don't want to. Let love come in its own time.And to keep away from any problems with her if she may become mean, try just forgetting about what happened and treat her like a normal person you know, and try to avoid any arguments. If she becomes mean, maybe just walk away for a bit. And if she is still being mean, maybe confront her asking what you have ever done to make her this way towards you. If you have done nothing, then she will have no reason to be mad at you so its not your problem she is being mean so you don't have to be stressed about it.I hope this helps! :) Thanks for the advice. This takes a burden off of my head. "Bloody Wings" wrote:ignore her be the cool kind of guy dont talk to her even if she comes and talk with you.well thats my opinion Thanks for the advice. Now I know the appropriate reaction. "Dear Dish-It" wrote: Hi there! My most important advice would be to be yourself! live your life! do the things you want to do. If you've moved past what happened with your feelings for one another, just go and enjoy your time. If things are weird, it'll be because of her, not you. Stay positive and calm and I'm sure you'll have fun!   Hope you have a good time! Thanks for helping me out Dish-It. You did not only help me out, but also wished me well. You are more like a care-taker, and you made me feel good. Thank you. Moderators can now lock the topic please.
Dear Dish-It
Dear Dish-It posted in Friends:
cargirl296
cargirl296 posted in Style:
I think that rubber band bracelets are totally in right now. And they are easy to make on a loom! Head scarves are also in as well. Hope you found this helpful!
Dear Dish-It
Wow! This sounds so frustrating! Maybe talk to your mom about what's going on. Ask her why she's doing it. She might just be worried about your safety online. More and more there are unsafe people talking to kids on the internet. I'm sure your mom just has your best interest at heart. See if you two can agree on how to keep you safe online!   Good luck!