Pet Owners Day
Did you know it is Pet Owners Day on April 18th? Take some time to celebrate the furry family members in your life!
Having a pet is a big responsibility. While some pets – like dogs – require more effort than other pets – like fish – all pets need some level of attention and love. Pet Owners Day is a special day to celebrate yourself, for all of the hard work you put into keeping your pet healthy and happy. It is also a good time to give your pet some extra attention, and maybe even a gift!
Tips for Pet Owners
If you want to keep your furry family friend healthy and happy, follow some of these tips:
- Schedule regular check-ups with the vet
- Ensure your pet gets enough exercise, whether that be taking your dog for a walk or getting your hamster a wheel!
- If your pet is allowed outdoors, make sure it has proper identification in case it gets lost. This way someone will know how to return it to you
- Buy the proper food for your pet’s type. Keep in mind any special breeds or dietary needs.
- Give your pet lots of love and attention!
Want a Pet?
Almost everyone dreams of having a pet. Whether you want a soft kitten or a bouncy puppy, I’m sure you’ve thought about (or tried to convince) your family to add a new member to the family. Here are some of the things you need to consider before taking the big step:
- Do you have enough time to dedicate to the pet? If you have other siblings or family members who can help out, you might be able to share the responsibilities.
- Do you have enough money to care for the pet properly? Pets take a lot of money. In addition to the initial purchase, you need to pay for food, grooming, toys, treats and occasional vet visits. Some pets will require extra vaccinations and shots.
- Do you have any allergies? Many people buy a pet only to discover they are allergic once the pet gets home. Head to your doctor’s office and get tested or spend some time with a similar animal before you get one of your own.
- Are you willing to adopt? Thousands of animals are brought to pounds across the country each year. If you are willing to adopt one of these pets, you could be saving their life.
Have Your Say
Are you a pet owner? Let us know what kind of pet you have!