Mother’s Day Gift Guide: 2013
Mother's Day is upon us this Sunday, May 12thand if you're still wondering what to get your mom, aunt, or grandmother, Kidzworld have rounded up a list of suggestions that will help make her smile. You don't have to spend a lot of money to make her day special, from serving her breakfast in bed to making a cool scrapbook of fun photos and memories, it's definitely the thought that counts!
Make you mom a scrapbook - it's time to get creative! Courtesy of www.michaels.com
Put a smile on mom's face with some fresh tulips Courtesy of www.proflowers.com
Illume scented candle, $15 Courtesy of www.sephora.com
Watch Disney's Freaky Friday DVD with mum! Courtesy of www.amazon.com
Pamper your mom with Sephora's Bubble Bath and shower gel, $12 Courtesy of www.sephora.com
Show your appreciation for mom with Philosophy's Raspberry Sorbet shower gel and lipgloss, $20 Courtesy of www.sephora.com
This cute birdhouse will look great in the garden, $11 at Target Courtesy of www.target.com
Two-hearts necklace, $22 Courtesy of www.macys.com
Treat mum to a combination lip/cheek palette, Sonia Kashuk $14.99 Courtesy of www.sephora.com
The perfect summer tote bag for mom, $19.99 Courtesy of www.oldnavy.com
Paisley scarf, $12 Courtesy of www.oldnavy.com
Gardening kit, $17 Courtesy of www.target.com
Treat mom to a comfy new pair of spring PJs, $22 Courtesy of www.target.com
Make mum breakfast in bed! Courtesy of www.michaels.com
Harney Courtesy of www.englishteastore.com
Celebrated on the second Sunday of every May, Mother's Day is not just a Hallmark holiday, it's a celebration of mothers, motherhood and maternal bonds established by a woman named Anna Jarvis first in 1908. She then campaigned to make it a national holiday and succeeded - it was declared a public holiday in the United States on May 9th, 1914.
Easy French Toast Recipe
Treat your mom to breakfast in bed with an indulgent plate of delicious French Toast. Garnish with some strawberries and a fresh glass of orange juice and a mug of coffee. A fantastic surprise any mom will love!
1 cup half and half
2 tsp sugar
8 slices of regular white bread
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 tbsp butter
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees F
2. Beat eggs thoroughly. Whisk sugar, half and half and vanilla.
3. Pour the mixture into a shallow glass dish about an inch deep.
4. Heat your griddle or pan to medium-low and melt the butter into it.
5. Soak a couple of slices of bread (only as many as your pan can hold at once) and count to ten. Flip over and repeat.
6. Carefully remove the soaked slices letting any excess liquid drain out. Transfer the bread to the griddle. Flip it over and grill until both sides are golden brown.
7. Serve French toast right away with maple syrup and some sliced strawberries, blueberries or raspberries on the side. Voila!
No one knows your mom better than you so whether you treat her to a pampering beauty treatment, bake her some cookies, or get her some gardening tools, she's sure to love it because it comes from you!
Have Your Say
What are you going to treat your mom to this Mother's Day? Share with us in the comments section!