Little Mix Band Bio
Little Mix formed in 2011 as part of the 8th season of The X Factor UK. Perrie Edwards, Leigh-Anne Pinnock, Jesy Nelson and Jade Thirlwall all auditioned as solo acts, but were thrown together as a group and ultimately won the competition! As soloists they all succeeded, but didn't make it past bootcamp - turned out their power as soloists didn't compare to their potential together. They originally wanted to call themselves Rhythmix, but ended up with Little Mix instead.
The first song Little Mix released as a group was "Cannonball," a cover of a Damien Rice song.The girls were so popular they even penned a deal to release dolls, puzzles and other toys of themselves last spring. In November 2012 Little Mix released their debut album, DNA! DNA features the hit tracks "Change Your Life" and "How Ya Doin'" (featuring [kwlink 24484]Missy Elliott[/kwlink].)
Did You Know...
- "Jesy" is short for Jessica Louise
- They were nominated for Best UK Group and Best Newcomer at the Kids Choice Awards in 2012
- Perrie Edwards was romantically involved with One Direction member Zayn Malik
- Little Mix Won Choice Music Breakout Artist at 2015 Teen Choice Awards
- Their latest album "Get Weird' will be available November 6, 2015
Check out "Change Your Life" below!
Have Your Say
What do you think of Little Mix? Let us know in the comments section below/