Megan Nicole Q&A
Up-and-coming singer Megan Nicole has been gathering a following of fans online, and the 18-year-old pop star on the rise has just released a brand new music video - find out more in her Kidzworld Q&A!
KW: How old are you and where are you from?
- Megan: I am 19 years old and originally from a little suburb of Houston, Texas called Katy, but now I'm living in LA.
KW: Did you always want to be a singer? How did you get involved with music?
- Megan: Surprisingly not. As a young kid, I wanted to be an astronaut, then as I got a little older an interior designer. I always enjoyed singing and been playing piano since 3rd grade, but it wasn't until my freshman year of highschool when I picked up the guitar that I fell in love with music. That was when I knew there was nothing else I wanted to do.
KW: You have a new single out, can you tell us about it?
- Megan: Yes! I just released my new single called "Summer Forever". It's a very fun light hearted song, that's great to cruise to in the car.
KW: What role do you think the internet has played in your success so far?
- Megan: The Internet (specifically YouTube has given me a platform to share my music with others in a way I could never imagine. Through the Internet, I'm able to reach out to people all over the globe! I've already been able to travel to China, Philippines, Belgium, Germany, and France to perform. I am incredibly blessed. It's still so crazy to me that I am able to connect to people from all over the world through music.
KW: Which musical artists inspire you the most?
- Megan: Growing up I listened to a lot of Stevie Wonder, Al Green, Queen, and Maroon 5 so they definitely have been a big influence on me musically. I also really love how fun Katy Perry is, Taylor Swift's killer attitude on stage and her lyrics, and the soulfulness of Bruno Mars.
KW: Are you working on album right now?
- Megan: Yes, I am actually wrapping up my debut album now! I'll be picking out the songs for the album soon which I am very excited about. It's been a long journey and the fans have been so patient and supportive. I can't wait to share with them all what I've been working on and I hope that they will be able to connect and relate to the music. I am just ready to get it out there!
KW: What do you like most about performing?
- Megan: Being able to connect with my fans in person. There's nothing like sharing your music with others live and all the energy that the fans bring is fantastic. I really love and appreciate all my fans and I am looking forward to getting on the road to meet with them and perform!
KW: What is the best piece of advice you've received since starting out?
- Megan: Be yourself. Seems like it'd be a simple thing to do, but when you're constantly being told to be something else and fit a mold it's easy to get lost. I have a really solid and supportive family that keeps me grounded and I'm so grateful for them.
KW: How would you describe your sound?
- Megan: This first album is very pop, but incorporates a lot of live instruments which was important to me. Lots of guitars, piano, and some live drums. I also have a couple songs that have that funk influence to them and I hope to take my music more in that direction as I continue to grow as an artist.
KW: What was it like behind the scenes of your new video?
- Megan: Actually a lot of fun! One of my best friends from Texas was in the video, as well as my younger sister Madison, and the rest of the cast were just so awesome and chill. Definitely a lot of stressful moments, but I like to keep things positive. Especially on set. How should I expect everyone else to have a good attitude if I'm not portraying one? Those little issues always work themselves out. Even with the little things sometimes you just gotta let go and let God as they say. If I didn't do that and allowed every little thing to get to me I think I would go crazy!
Check out "Summer Forever" below!
- Animal: Penguin
- Song: So many! Currently jamming to Clarity (feat. Foxes) by Zedd
- Subject: Science
- Food: Pizza
Have Your Say
What do you think of Megan Nicole? Let us know!