Comments

Dear Dish-it: My Mom's New Baby Replaced Me

The Other Daughter asks: My mom just had a new baby, and now she won't pay any attention to me. I feel like I've been replaced. What can I do so that I'm not forgotten? Back to Article

yaya967
yaya967 wrote:
2014-10-20 18:07:35 -0700

dont worry my mom just had a baby 2 weeks ago
she still loves you your just old enough to take care of yourself
the baby is not it needs help more than you do

dolphingirl_dragons
dolphingirl_dragons wrote:
2014-10-19 12:28:17 -0700

Don't worry your really lucky your siblings a baby mines nearly as old as me and she can get annoying enjoy the baby while you can...

anna9grace7
anna9grace7 wrote:
2014-09-05 13:30:05 -0700

once your mom has baby that's what shes gonna focus on its someone new to her life someone that needs help drinking out of a bottle , and so much other stuff.

ElfyKathy
ElfyKathy wrote:
2014-09-05 11:22:09 -0700

Don't worry. She probably trusts you to be responsible and babies take a LOT of work. Even when all that work is done, it rubs off and makes you exhausted. Offer the give her a massage or make her fruit tea or something relaxing that she likes. She'll enjoy that and pay you back for it, probably a game or manicure or just a snuggle in front of the TV

Mrocks05
Mrocks05 wrote:
2014-09-05 03:57:27 -0700

i was once the youngest too because i had anthor older sibling but then two more little people came along

Mrocks05
Mrocks05 wrote:
2014-09-05 03:56:02 -0700

i have 2 younger siblings i know how it feels to be forgoten but your mom is probaly just busy my mom was really busy when my sisters were born (they are not twins) but after my sister was like 5 months my mom was not so busy i know how it feels but it gets better

wolfiegal
wolfiegal wrote:
2014-09-01 10:52:48 -0700

It'll be okay. c:

folarin123
folarin123 wrote:
2014-08-13 09:40:51 -0700

this thing happend to me before i was excited at first but later my sister took my spotlight but now i have learnt to be tolerance

TapGirl50
TapGirl50 wrote:
2014-08-05 14:17:11 -0700

Tell your Mom how you feel she will understand!!!
Tell her that you feel down in the dumps and you need to spend some more time with her! She can get a baby sitter for the baby and you guys can have a girls night out!

Blitzie
Blitzie wrote:
2014-08-01 08:01:34 -0700

This has happened to me too, believe me, bellowing at your mum does not work! Dish-it is right, don't throw yourself in front of a car to get noticed, try minding your own business for a bit until she settles down, then you can help her out.

XxIHateMathxX
XxIHateMathxX wrote:
2014-07-26 00:55:13 -0700

you should tell your mom how you feel.

XxIHateMathxX
XxIHateMathxX wrote:
2014-07-26 00:54:54 -0700

I guess babies need more attention than older kids, but I wouldn't know because I'm the youngest in the family.

alyzia
alyzia wrote:
2014-07-23 11:32:39 -0700

try talking to your mom and say how u feel thenplan a day when its just u and ur mom

AnimeGirl7o7
AnimeGirl7o7 wrote:
2014-07-19 21:00:51 -0700

You may talk to your mom and say you feel that way.

Danielazbike
Danielazbike wrote:
2014-07-14 20:04:11 -0700

get it : daniel az bike

_ALizB_
_ALizB_ wrote:
2014-07-04 10:19:56 -0700

I honestly don't feel what your going through, but I kinda get it, and here's what i have to say, it's not your mom's fault at all, it's just that baby's are not just gonna sit there and want nothing you've heard them, "Mama mama" just stay strong my friend, just stay strong

laura01
laura01 wrote:
2014-07-03 06:40:53 -0700

its goin to be for a few month, everything will come back to normal ... I hope Wink

KTRush
KTRush wrote:
2014-07-02 08:13:21 -0700

Have a baby brother and had a honest talk with my mom worked 4 me

Hailey136
Hailey136 wrote:
2014-07-01 17:46:29 -0700

I am going through that now days

aatcluver
aatcluver wrote:
2014-06-30 21:08:00 -0700

You mom will never forget you. She loves you and the baby equally

Would You Clone Yourself If You Could?

• Oh yeah! Send in the clones whenever I'm in trouble.
  • Nah, I'm an original, no copies required.

Micro_baby micro
Celebrities have been known to get very creative when it comes to naming their kids. Here’s a lis...
Micro_top ten movie moms - micro
Sometimes it takes a movie to remind just how great moms can be, from superheroes to homemakers, ...
I'm 13 years old and have always loved little kids. I like to take care of them too. I really wan...
My mom and I don't have a great relationship. We fight a lot and it always seems to be my fault.....

MissD
MissD posted in Friends:
You are welcome & Good Luck!
reply about 1 hour
snikko
snikko posted in Friends:
A prefect friend is a person that is always with you when you need  them.  THey have you back and they don'bully ou. They hang out with you. THey treat you as an equal. They stand up for you. And they don't laugh at your tureself.
GottaLoveDance
GottaLoveDance posted in Friends:
"MissD" wrote:This might seem obvious but is there anyone else you might be able to walk home with? I always try to solve problems simply first. If yes, than I encourage you to invite that person to walk home with you. If not - let's take a step back and figure our why you are feeling left out/ignored. Do your friends talk about things that you don't understand, do they block you from participating in the conversation? If you guys have to walk together and there is no choice in the matter - YOU be the initiator of great conversation. Confidently smile - and talk to BOTH of them at the same time. It's so helpful to be able to navigate a conversation generously. That means you be the one on the high road - ask questions, people love talking about things that are interesting to them. Ask questions and figure out what common things all three of you have together and before you know it your walk will be over. Hope this helps. Let us know what happens. Inclusivity totally kicks butt over exclusivity!  thank you soooo much for the amazing advice, unfortunately I don't really have a choice because my friend walks to my house where her mum picks her up so it would hurt her feelings if I said no to walking with her but ill definitely try yor suggestions in the second paragraph. Thanks
MissD
MissD posted in Friends:
This might seem obvious but is there anyone else you might be able to walk home with? I always try to solve problems simply first. If yes, than I encourage you to invite that person to walk home with you. If not - let's take a step back and figure our why you are feeling left out/ignored.  Do your friends talk about things that you don't understand, do they block you from participating in the conversation? If you guys have to walk together and there is no choice in the matter - YOU be the initiator of great conversation. Confidently smile - and talk to BOTH of them at the same time. It's so helpful to be able to navigate a conversation generously. That means you be the one on the high road - ask questions, people love talking about things that are interesting to them. Ask questions and figure out what common things all three of you have together and before you know it your walk will be over.  Hope this helps. Let us know what happens.  Inclusivity totally kicks butt over exclusivity!
GottaLoveDance
GottaLoveDance posted in Friends:
I have this one best friend and she is wonderful. But two of my other friends are best friends with each other and when I walk home from school with them I feel really left out and ignored. I don't want to ruin their friendship but I don't know what to do about it. Any suggestions?