Comments

Dear Dish-it: My Mom's New Baby Replaced Me

The Other Daughter asks: My mom just had a new baby, and now she won't pay any attention to me. I feel like I've been replaced. What can I do so that I'm not forgotten? Back to Article

XxIHateMathxX
XxIHateMathxX wrote:
2014-07-26 00:55:13 -0700

you should tell your mom how you feel.

XxIHateMathxX
XxIHateMathxX wrote:
2014-07-26 00:54:54 -0700

I guess babies need more attention than older kids, but I wouldn't know because I'm the youngest in the family.

alyzia
alyzia wrote:
2014-07-23 11:32:39 -0700

try talking to your mom and say how u feel thenplan a day when its just u and ur mom

AnimeGirl7o7
AnimeGirl7o7 wrote:
2014-07-19 21:00:51 -0700

You may talk to your mom and say you feel that way.

Danielazbike
Danielazbike wrote:
2014-07-14 20:04:11 -0700

get it : daniel az bike

_ALizB_
_ALizB_ wrote:
2014-07-04 10:19:56 -0700

I honestly don't feel what your going through, but I kinda get it, and here's what i have to say, it's not your mom's fault at all, it's just that baby's are not just gonna sit there and want nothing you've heard them, "Mama mama" just stay strong my friend, just stay strong

laura01
laura01 wrote:
2014-07-03 06:40:53 -0700

its goin to be for a few month, everything will come back to normal ... I hope Wink

KTRush
KTRush wrote:
2014-07-02 08:13:21 -0700

Have a baby brother and had a honest talk with my mom worked 4 me

Hailey136
Hailey136 wrote:
2014-07-01 17:46:29 -0700

I am going through that now days

aatcluver
aatcluver wrote:
2014-06-30 21:08:00 -0700

You mom will never forget you. She loves you and the baby equally

XxMad_HatterxX
XxMad_HatterxX wrote:
2014-06-30 20:11:24 -0700

I went through that

GlimmeringSky16
GlimmeringSky16 wrote:
2014-06-30 18:14:16 -0700

I'm an only child, so I'm not really experiencing what ur going through. But I've seen my cousins, and once the baby grows older, the attention from ur mom with even out. And on the other hand, spend some quality time with yar dad!

_itzzamaniboo
_itzzamaniboo wrote:
2014-06-30 18:03:13 -0700

it happens but when your a baby you need more attention then anything think about a puppy if your mom brung a puppy home it would need lots of attention then you since your older I doesn't mean she doesn't love you the same or replaced you

awsomegirlrocks
awsomegirlrocks wrote:
2014-06-16 00:42:39 -0700

it has happen to me before, and it's a horrible feeling

lilyfur
lilyfur wrote:
2014-06-12 19:34:10 -0700

I am so sorry that you are felling replaced, I am sure if you jjust talk to your mom you might feel differently. I do not know entirely what is going on so I can not say. But I can wish you best of luck.

LexTho
LexTho wrote:
2014-06-11 08:31:45 -0700

How can one be jealous of their younger sibling(s)? That's crazy.

-Scream-
-Scream- wrote:
2014-06-11 06:20:43 -0700

Yeah I agree..From the time my small bro has come..i am no longer imp for my mom.

-Reggie-
-Reggie- wrote:
2014-06-11 05:42:15 -0700

Omg xc my mom has never replaced me. She's always kind to me, and if I need a help she always helps me and lol sometimes I think that my mom is the best person to talk to. xD

TimeHasRunOut
TimeHasRunOut wrote:
2014-06-11 05:35:32 -0700

@JesseWesse Ik how you feel.My mom went into labor yesterday night and she ignores me everytime I try to talk to her.....Besides this wasnt much help at all Frustrated

Mrocks05
Mrocks05 wrote:
2014-05-11 16:58:44 -0700

hi don't worry I have younger siblings too I felt the same way don't feel bad

Would You Clone Yourself If You Could?

• Oh yeah! Send in the clones whenever I'm in trouble.
  • Nah, I'm an original, no copies required.

Micro_baby micro
Celebrities have been known to get very creative when it comes to naming their kids. Here’s a lis...
Micro_top ten movie moms - micro
Sometimes it takes a movie to remind just how great moms can be, from superheroes to homemakers, ...
I'm 13 years old and have always loved little kids. I like to take care of them too. I really wan...
My mom and I don't have a great relationship. We fight a lot and it always seems to be my fault.....

american_brit
american_brit posted in Friends:
I don't think she's jealous -if so it's not to a point where she's angry with you. She's probably just sad because she's been trying so hard -for what seems like a fairly decent time now- to be a good singer. Having a best friend who is a good singer and is acknowledged for it might just be hard for her right now. *Try talking to her -don't ask her if she's jealous, ask her if she's okay. *Point out things she's good at -not randomly  though... if it comes up in the moment.  Ex: She's creative and good at making crafts. Compliment her. "Oh, that's really cute. Seriously!? How do you make these things?" *Do something fun with her -let her know that's she amazing just the way she is. I really hope this helps! ^-^
DJwwjd
DJwwjd posted in Family Issues:
coolness just making sure lol :3 derp
greatworldatlas
I really didn't know.
DJwwjd
DJwwjd posted in Family Issues:
np! I think I'm confused was that a joke or did you really not know?
B-who-u-r-and-SING
Well I don't think I can ask her because I can't really say "Hey are you jealous because I can sing better than you?" That would just make her plain mad at me, she does seem disappointed, if I don't walk up to her and start talking to her she would probably act like I'm not even there!