Comments

Dear Dish-it: My Mom's New Baby Replaced Me

The Other Daughter asks: My mom just had a new baby, and now she won't pay any attention to me. I feel like I've been replaced. What can I do so that I'm not forgotten? Back to Article

Blitzie
Blitzie wrote:
2014-08-01 08:01:34 -0700

This has happened to me too, believe me, bellowing at your mum does not work! Dish-it is right, don't throw yourself in front of a car to get noticed, try minding your own business for a bit until she settles down, then you can help her out.

XxIHateMathxX
XxIHateMathxX wrote:
2014-07-26 00:55:13 -0700

you should tell your mom how you feel.

XxIHateMathxX
XxIHateMathxX wrote:
2014-07-26 00:54:54 -0700

I guess babies need more attention than older kids, but I wouldn't know because I'm the youngest in the family.

alyzia
alyzia wrote:
2014-07-23 11:32:39 -0700

try talking to your mom and say how u feel thenplan a day when its just u and ur mom

AnimeGirl7o7
AnimeGirl7o7 wrote:
2014-07-19 21:00:51 -0700

You may talk to your mom and say you feel that way.

Danielazbike
Danielazbike wrote:
2014-07-14 20:04:11 -0700

get it : daniel az bike

_ALizB_
_ALizB_ wrote:
2014-07-04 10:19:56 -0700

I honestly don't feel what your going through, but I kinda get it, and here's what i have to say, it's not your mom's fault at all, it's just that baby's are not just gonna sit there and want nothing you've heard them, "Mama mama" just stay strong my friend, just stay strong

laura01
laura01 wrote:
2014-07-03 06:40:53 -0700

its goin to be for a few month, everything will come back to normal ... I hope Wink

KTRush
KTRush wrote:
2014-07-02 08:13:21 -0700

Have a baby brother and had a honest talk with my mom worked 4 me

Hailey136
Hailey136 wrote:
2014-07-01 17:46:29 -0700

I am going through that now days

aatcluver
aatcluver wrote:
2014-06-30 21:08:00 -0700

You mom will never forget you. She loves you and the baby equally

XxMad_HatterxX
XxMad_HatterxX wrote:
2014-06-30 20:11:24 -0700

I went through that

GlimmeringSky16
GlimmeringSky16 wrote:
2014-06-30 18:14:16 -0700

I'm an only child, so I'm not really experiencing what ur going through. But I've seen my cousins, and once the baby grows older, the attention from ur mom with even out. And on the other hand, spend some quality time with yar dad!

_itzzamaniboo
_itzzamaniboo wrote:
2014-06-30 18:03:13 -0700

it happens but when your a baby you need more attention then anything think about a puppy if your mom brung a puppy home it would need lots of attention then you since your older I doesn't mean she doesn't love you the same or replaced you

awsomegirlrocks
awsomegirlrocks wrote:
2014-06-16 00:42:39 -0700

it has happen to me before, and it's a horrible feeling

lilyfur
lilyfur wrote:
2014-06-12 19:34:10 -0700

I am so sorry that you are felling replaced, I am sure if you jjust talk to your mom you might feel differently. I do not know entirely what is going on so I can not say. But I can wish you best of luck.

LexTho
LexTho wrote:
2014-06-11 08:31:45 -0700

How can one be jealous of their younger sibling(s)? That's crazy.

-Scream-
-Scream- wrote:
2014-06-11 06:20:43 -0700

Yeah I agree..From the time my small bro has come..i am no longer imp for my mom.

-Reggie-
-Reggie- wrote:
2014-06-11 05:42:15 -0700

Omg xc my mom has never replaced me. She's always kind to me, and if I need a help she always helps me and lol sometimes I think that my mom is the best person to talk to. xD

TimeHasRunOut
TimeHasRunOut wrote:
2014-06-11 05:35:32 -0700

@JesseWesse Ik how you feel.My mom went into labor yesterday night and she ignores me everytime I try to talk to her.....Besides this wasnt much help at all Frustrated

Would You Clone Yourself If You Could?

• Oh yeah! Send in the clones whenever I'm in trouble.
  • Nah, I'm an original, no copies required.

Micro_baby micro
Celebrities have been known to get very creative when it comes to naming their kids. Here’s a lis...
Micro_top ten movie moms - micro
Sometimes it takes a movie to remind just how great moms can be, from superheroes to homemakers, ...
I'm 13 years old and have always loved little kids. I like to take care of them too. I really wan...
My mom and I don't have a great relationship. We fight a lot and it always seems to be my fault.....

samkitty214
samkitty214 posted in Style:
Well, if you get compliments on your hair but deep down inside YOU don't like it. Just know wether people like your hair or not the only decision the counts is YOURS! i dont vote for the punk style but if you wanna dye it, dye it!  but just think about the future would you want it green and blue or a simple black. (if u go with black YOU will still feel good about yourself and get compliments). you could cut, you know, change it up a bit. HAVE FUN and GOOD LUCK best wishes-
samkitty214
first you should talk to him about it, confront him. then tell your mom and practically beg for her to have mercy. then explain to ur littler siblings. and GOOD LUCK
EnergeticHummingbird
It happened a few days ago, and my dad was cheating on my mom with a bunch of women online....  I haven't stopped crying since then and I dont even know what I am supposed to do!!!! This isn't the first time he has cheated on my mom, but she said that this was his final chance, and that he either has to commit to his family, or not be part of it for the rest of his life..... I need serious help because I know more about the whole situation than my little brother and sister do..... I don't want them to get hurt....... So anything would help......
Wooper1255
Wooper1255 posted in Style:
Hmm... like all the comments above, I suggest you do whatever you wish with your hair. This is life. Live it up. Also, if you REEAALLYY want to dye your hair, here are some tips/suggestions: ♪ Okay, okay, who the MARSHMELLOW cares what your hair looks like? People are always going for the looks these days. :e ♪ Try highlighting a few strands of your hair. ;D If you're satisfied, do a couple of more strands! ♪ Like everyone else, use hair chalk. It's the safest and I've learned that if you dye your hair, it's going to make a major mess and it will be a MAAAAJOR pain. Hair Chalk for da best! ♪ Still feeling unconfident? Highlight your hair whatever color you want by highlighting a few strands like I typed before. Then, go to people and ask them if they like your new highlights. ♪ Maybe you should ask people if you'd look good with your hair whatever color you wanted. Anyhow, I might add more suggestions if I can think of any. Anyways, hope I helped! ^^
AlphaT
AlphaT posted in Style:
Except schools, places of work, and everyone in the United States of America who has the freedom of speech.