Comments

Dear Dish-it: My Mom's New Baby Replaced Me

The Other Daughter asks: My mom just had a new baby, and now she won't pay any attention to me. I feel like I've been replaced. What can I do so that I'm not forgotten? Back to Article

_itzzamaniboo
_itzzamaniboo wrote:
2014-06-30 18:03:13 -0700

it happens but when your a baby you need more attention then anything think about a puppy if your mom brung a puppy home it would need lots of attention then you since your older I doesn't mean she doesn't love you the same or replaced you

awsomegirlrocks
awsomegirlrocks wrote:
2014-06-16 00:42:39 -0700

it has happen to me before, and it's a horrible feeling

lilyfur
lilyfur wrote:
2014-06-12 19:34:10 -0700

I am so sorry that you are felling replaced, I am sure if you jjust talk to your mom you might feel differently. I do not know entirely what is going on so I can not say. But I can wish you best of luck.

LexTho
LexTho wrote:
2014-06-11 08:31:45 -0700

How can one be jealous of their younger sibling(s)? That's crazy.

-Scream-
-Scream- wrote:
2014-06-11 06:20:43 -0700

Yeah I agree..From the time my small bro has come..i am no longer imp for my mom.

-Reggie-
-Reggie- wrote:
2014-06-11 05:42:15 -0700

Omg xc my mom has never replaced me. She's always kind to me, and if I need a help she always helps me and lol sometimes I think that my mom is the best person to talk to. xD

TimeHasRunOut
TimeHasRunOut wrote:
2014-06-11 05:35:32 -0700

@JesseWesse Ik how you feel.My mom went into labor yesterday night and she ignores me everytime I try to talk to her.....Besides this wasnt much help at all Frustrated

Mrocks05
Mrocks05 wrote:
2014-05-11 16:58:44 -0700

hi don't worry I have younger siblings too I felt the same way don't feel bad

HeHasRisen
HeHasRisen wrote:
2014-04-23 03:12:42 -0700

Im gonna have a sister in a few days but im impatient

JesseWesse
JesseWesse wrote:
2014-04-16 16:38:10 -0700

i got replaced my dad had a new baby now i hate my dad ): no other girl could make me happy either i have so much counceling

dance-dance-dance
dance-dance-dance wrote:
2014-04-14 18:08:01 -0700

I have an older brother who's about to go to college, and a younger sister who gets the love and attention, I hate being the middle child!

Hey Jessie
Hey Jessie wrote:
2014-04-10 05:19:14 -0700

I had a baby cousin who had the same name as
me and all the attention got given to her so I know how you feel.

CatharineK123
CatharineK123 wrote:
2014-03-24 16:33:19 -0700

I know how you feel, I have 2 younger sisters andI felt the same way as you, but Your Mom does love you as well as your new sibling! smile

shaylat
shaylat wrote:
2014-03-23 12:58:58 -0700

what did they do?

rubiediamond
rubiediamond wrote:
2014-03-13 19:49:44 -0700

Trust me. I have a brother and a little sister AND a big sister. Things will better. I had the same problem too. Just follow what this article say, and you will have a strong relationship with your mother!

ashca
ashca wrote:
2014-03-08 13:22:24 -0800

yay i felt the same 6 years ago when my mom brought home my sisster and i still tend to feel that way sometimes and it is not so easy telling her how you feel. what i do now is i just bake or help her with dinner and we sometimes get alone time.

JesseWesse
JesseWesse wrote:
2014-03-06 16:12:27 -0800

with another girl

JesseWesse
JesseWesse wrote:
2014-03-06 16:12:18 -0800

my dad has a new child and he replaced me after me and hi m divorced when my dad got with a new women ):

Wooper1255
Wooper1255 wrote:
2014-03-06 14:23:27 -0800

Hey, what happen to the New Dear Dish-it stuff? All I see is this and that's it. Indifferent

AveryThaGawd
AveryThaGawd wrote:
2014-03-06 14:01:31 -0800

im not trying to be rude im just saying that her mother is waking up at least two times each night to feed or change that baby. it just seems a little self centered that she worrying about the amount of attention she is getting while her mother is losing sleep over this baby, and could probably use a helping hand.

Would You Clone Yourself If You Could?

• Oh yeah! Send in the clones whenever I'm in trouble.
  • Nah, I'm an original, no copies required.