Comments

Dear Dish-it: My Mom's New Baby Replaced Me

The Other Daughter asks: My mom just had a new baby, and now she won't pay any attention to me. I feel like I've been replaced. What can I do so that I'm not forgotten? Back to Article

GlimmeringSky16
GlimmeringSky16 wrote:
2014-06-30 18:14:16 -0700

I'm an only child, so I'm not really experiencing what ur going through. But I've seen my cousins, and once the baby grows older, the attention from ur mom with even out. And on the other hand, spend some quality time with yar dad!

_itzzamaniboo
_itzzamaniboo wrote:
2014-06-30 18:03:13 -0700

it happens but when your a baby you need more attention then anything think about a puppy if your mom brung a puppy home it would need lots of attention then you since your older I doesn't mean she doesn't love you the same or replaced you

awsomegirlrocks
awsomegirlrocks wrote:
2014-06-16 00:42:39 -0700

it has happen to me before, and it's a horrible feeling

lilyfur
lilyfur wrote:
2014-06-12 19:34:10 -0700

I am so sorry that you are felling replaced, I am sure if you jjust talk to your mom you might feel differently. I do not know entirely what is going on so I can not say. But I can wish you best of luck.

LexTho
LexTho wrote:
2014-06-11 08:31:45 -0700

How can one be jealous of their younger sibling(s)? That's crazy.

-Scream-
-Scream- wrote:
2014-06-11 06:20:43 -0700

Yeah I agree..From the time my small bro has come..i am no longer imp for my mom.

-Reggie-
-Reggie- wrote:
2014-06-11 05:42:15 -0700

Omg xc my mom has never replaced me. She's always kind to me, and if I need a help she always helps me and lol sometimes I think that my mom is the best person to talk to. xD

TimeHasRunOut
TimeHasRunOut wrote:
2014-06-11 05:35:32 -0700

@JesseWesse Ik how you feel.My mom went into labor yesterday night and she ignores me everytime I try to talk to her.....Besides this wasnt much help at all Frustrated

Mrocks05
Mrocks05 wrote:
2014-05-11 16:58:44 -0700

hi don't worry I have younger siblings too I felt the same way don't feel bad

HeHasRisen
HeHasRisen wrote:
2014-04-23 03:12:42 -0700

Im gonna have a sister in a few days but im impatient

JesseWesse
JesseWesse wrote:
2014-04-16 16:38:10 -0700

i got replaced my dad had a new baby now i hate my dad ): no other girl could make me happy either i have so much counceling

dance-dance-dance
dance-dance-dance wrote:
2014-04-14 18:08:01 -0700

I have an older brother who's about to go to college, and a younger sister who gets the love and attention, I hate being the middle child!

Hey Jessie
Hey Jessie wrote:
2014-04-10 05:19:14 -0700

I had a baby cousin who had the same name as
me and all the attention got given to her so I know how you feel.

CatharineK123
CatharineK123 wrote:
2014-03-24 16:33:19 -0700

I know how you feel, I have 2 younger sisters andI felt the same way as you, but Your Mom does love you as well as your new sibling! smile

shaylat
shaylat wrote:
2014-03-23 12:58:58 -0700

what did they do?

rubiediamond
rubiediamond wrote:
2014-03-13 19:49:44 -0700

Trust me. I have a brother and a little sister AND a big sister. Things will better. I had the same problem too. Just follow what this article say, and you will have a strong relationship with your mother!

ashca
ashca wrote:
2014-03-08 13:22:24 -0800

yay i felt the same 6 years ago when my mom brought home my sisster and i still tend to feel that way sometimes and it is not so easy telling her how you feel. what i do now is i just bake or help her with dinner and we sometimes get alone time.

JesseWesse
JesseWesse wrote:
2014-03-06 16:12:27 -0800

with another girl

JesseWesse
JesseWesse wrote:
2014-03-06 16:12:18 -0800

my dad has a new child and he replaced me after me and hi m divorced when my dad got with a new women ):

Wooper1255
Wooper1255 wrote:
2014-03-06 14:23:27 -0800

Hey, what happen to the New Dear Dish-it stuff? All I see is this and that's it. Indifferent

Would You Clone Yourself If You Could?

• Oh yeah! Send in the clones whenever I'm in trouble.
  • Nah, I'm an original, no copies required.

Micro_baby micro
Celebrities have been known to get very creative when it comes to naming their kids. Here’s a lis...
Micro_top ten movie moms - micro
Sometimes it takes a movie to remind just how great moms can be, from superheroes to homemakers, ...
I'm 13 years old and have always loved little kids. I like to take care of them too. I really wan...
My mom and I don't have a great relationship. We fight a lot and it always seems to be my fault.....

Le-Jack
Le-Jack posted in Friends:
Thank you so much for all your answers :D i talked to max and we talked and we are back to normal and he even noticed that luna is bad news and he told her they can be freinds but no more cos she has a bf so he actually noticed that it was wrong what they did so im happy :D Thanks for your advice guys
Charulata
Charulata posted in Style:
Hey friends. These are nice company's. Which one you will vote between them? Choose one of them.. I choose Lakme :D Post your favorite company between these two.
reply about 1 hour
ILMDGRL
ILMDGRL posted in Friends:
I think the title is fairly self explanatory. I don't know how to explain self harm scars and cuts to my friends (don't even get me started on my father) without having them completely freak out on me or think I'm a total basket case. I can't hide most the scars and cuts given their placement. I'd also like to know how to explain it to a friend's parent bc I know that will be a problem too. - (Note: I'm not insane. Just have been a tough time lately and I snapped under too much pressure. I'm not a danger to myself anymore. End of story.) - I don't like to go into detail when discussing my self harm and why I did it, but I know my friends are very inquisitive like their parents. I just want to know how to ride out the conversation and would appreciate any help in the matter. Thanks!
smurfetblue
smurfetblue posted in Friends:
i sorry to hear abou that, i get bullied also and i know how that feels when no one talk to you or helps you...hope things get better for you
jordand08
jordand08 posted in Friends:
"AlphaT" wrote:I have thought a lot on suicide...and people in my family have attempted to do so....And I can say with all certainty, it is stupid. But you're not in your right mind when you make that decision, or even think about it seriously.Bullying can lead to suicide, but I urge everyone thinking about it to also think of the good in their life. Exactly, because, I promise, life gets better. Even when it seems like it's not, it does, in the darkest part of your life, you'll find the hope that you lost.