Comments

Dear Dish-it: My Mom's New Baby Replaced Me

The Other Daughter asks: My mom just had a new baby, and now she won't pay any attention to me. I feel like I've been replaced. What can I do so that I'm not forgotten? Back to Article

Lavontane
Lavontane wrote:
2013-12-29 14:27:45 -0800

Im the only child I don't have problems, I have problems with my parents

MonasYou
MonasYou wrote:
2013-12-28 04:21:19 -0800

My sister felt jealous when I came

you girl
you girl wrote:
2013-12-27 18:20:46 -0800

my mom wouldnt do me like that

my mom love all of us the same

sviolin
sviolin wrote:
2013-12-27 08:09:47 -0800

The Other Daughter, I think you should talk to do things with your mom when she is not taking care of the new baby.

MonsterGirl900
MonsterGirl900 wrote:
2013-12-24 13:26:57 -0800

I think my brother felt like that in 2002. I was born then. But he was excited at first. But now he just gets most of my moms attention.

PinkySarah
PinkySarah wrote:
2013-12-23 23:40:01 -0800

I've felt like that before ! My mommy gave birth to my little bro in 2010 and I was only 5 yrs old. When he was younger, my mommy paid a lot of attention to him. But now, in 2013, he is already 3 yrs old, and my mommy spends a lot more time with me ! Some of my advice is, if you just wait a little longer, your little bro or sis will grow up, and your parents will pay a lot more attention to you ! I hope this was helpful !

gummibear08
gummibear08 wrote:
2013-12-23 18:26:36 -0800

your not replaced you just think you are but I used to think the same thing soim wit you bro

Belieberelephant
Belieberelephant wrote:
2013-12-17 15:27:45 -0800

just keep your head up, and hope that something cool happens to you so she'll notice you.in the future, your mom will be really tired of your brother and will pay attention to u

roseat2
roseat2 wrote:
2013-12-14 17:21:14 -0800

I felt the same way when my brother was born but 9 months later he is actually really funny

nba15
nba15 wrote:
2013-12-14 05:30:50 -0800

Whays up bro?

AYOO STAR
AYOO STAR wrote:
2013-12-14 02:58:53 -0800

i felt the same way when my mom had my brother

lovable234
lovable234 wrote:
2013-12-11 05:05:19 -0800

omg that is so upsetting

nikeyvian

Chikaville wrote:
2013-12-08 11:40:14 -0800

omg that is so sad

Bullet21
Bullet21 wrote:
2013-12-08 08:36:13 -0800

Feel sorry for you! I have 2 other sisters but they are like older than me. So, its not that bad, I guess? But - Off-course its hard sometimes when your the main target that they either forget/ignore or just plan to hurt you!!

tweeti
tweeti wrote:
2013-12-02 04:08:52 -0800

you can always take your moms help in studies

shushu21
shushu21 wrote:
2013-11-27 15:28:55 -0800

she hasnt forgot she is just busy with the baby and all so you need to help feed the baby and clean the house then she might notice u but you are not replaced she sometimes is busy

cleod1
cleod1 wrote:
2013-11-25 12:00:25 -0800

Try asking her to make a special date and time when you guys can doo something just you and her! Ask your dad to take care of the baby or get another trusted adult to do it. Then just go and have fun! Whether it's on a weekly basis, or once a year, I think will truly help you.

And don't forget, your mom will always love you, no matter how much attention he seems to be paying your baby sis/bro.

LEXYRUTH
LEXYRUTH wrote:
2013-11-25 03:35:43 -0800

just remember all the good times u have had with her and tell yourself that i know she loves and i'm special to her

Would You Clone Yourself If You Could?

• Oh yeah! Send in the clones whenever I'm in trouble.
  • Nah, I'm an original, no copies required.

Micro_baby micro
Celebrities have been known to get very creative when it comes to naming their kids. Here’s a lis...
Micro_top ten movie moms - micro
Sometimes it takes a movie to remind just how great moms can be, from superheroes to homemakers, ...
I'm 13 years old and have always loved little kids. I like to take care of them too. I really wan...
My mom and I don't have a great relationship. We fight a lot and it always seems to be my fault.....

tanaj952
tanaj952 posted in Friends:
I think we all go through it,  I am right now. Keep your chin up, smile on, and remember that to be mean these girls have to sink pretty low, and if they are bullying you, YOU ARE ABOVE THEM!!!!! Keep your friends close, never forget to be who you are (as cheesy as it sounds, thats what I did and now I am really happy with loads of friends. I also told a teacher, she sorted it all out pretty quick to.) . Last thing-tell a teacher. I did, and she talked to the mean girl. Now everyone knows I'm not afraid to do it, either. Bad times will pass, and good ones will come. Look after yourself. Xx. *virtual hugs*
rainbowloomer13
rainbowloomer13 posted in Style:
somewhere in between. because I like sports and going outside. but I do care about the way I look sometimes.
Kirsteeeeen
Kirsteeeeen posted in Style:
Sure, I wear them a lot.  As long as you're not wearing the really tight kind, which should go with a dress or skirt or something, it's totally cool.
Kirsteeeeen
Kirsteeeeen posted in Style:
Robotics t-shirt and yellow floral shorts.
OverTheMoon