Thor: The Dark World Blu-ray Review
Bring Home The Ultimate Battle for The Cosmos with Exclusive Bonus Features! Read Kidzworld's Blu-ray review of Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World!
Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World continues the big-screen adventures of Thor, the Mighty Avenger, as he battles to save Earth and all the Nine Realms from a shadowy enemy that predates the universe itself. In the aftermath of Marvel’s Thor and Marvel’s The Avengers, Thor fights to restore order across the cosmos...but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness. To defeat an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor sets upon his most dangerous and personal journey yet, forced into an alliance with the treacherous Loki to save not only his people and those he loves…but our universe itself.
Thor in battle
The Bottom Line
Sequels are so often a disappointment, that this new installment in the Thor series is an unbelievable breath of fresh air - Thor: The Dark World is in many ways even better than the first film. Digging into the story between Thor and his brother Loki (a favorite character for tons of fans), this film sees these supernatural siblings teaming up to battle some serious villains. Staying true to the title of the film it is visually very dark and moody, setting the tone for the film the whole way through. Visually one of the best action films to be released in the last year, making the DVD + Blu-ray a worthwhile investment if you want to immerse yourself in the fantastical realms Marvel has created The Dark World.
Jane with Loki
Apart from providing the lush imagery, The DVD + Blu-ray has some worthwhile extras, for example if you're a fan of the brothers relationship the 30 minute featurette "A Brother's Journey: Thor and Loki" take a close and personal look at what drives the brothers by talking to actors Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston (Thor and Loki) as well as going behind the scenes. The film may be dark, but another standout extra is the gag reel, which features a lot more dancing on set than you might have expected and shows the lighter side of the Thor cast. For real Marvel fans, you can also get a sneak peek at what's going on with the upcoming Captain America flick (without it giving too much away of course). Thor: The Dark World can take you to a whole new universe from the comfort of your couch - definitely worth taking home.
Blu-ray Bonus Features:
- Never-Before-Seen Extended and Deleted Scenes
- Gag Reel
Exclusive Look – Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- Get an exclusive first look at the latest installment in the Captain America franchise and it’s incredible cast of characters, including Scarlett Johansson as the Black Widow, Samuel L. Jackson as Director Nick Fury, Chris Evans, our hero Steve Rogers, his new ally Sam Wilson, aka the Falcon played by Anthony Mackie, and a mysterious enemy from the past…the Winter Soldier played by Sebastian Stan.
A Brothers’ Journey: Thor & Loki
- In this 30min featurette go behind the scenes with filmmakers and cast as we explore two of the most iconic characters in the Marvel Universe with stars Chris Hemsworth (Thor) & Tom Hiddleston (Loki), and journey through the key moments that have defined and endeared these characters to audiences around the world.
Scoring Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World with Brian Tyler
- Go behind the scenes with the filmmakers and acclaimed composer Brian Tyler for a look at the creation of the movie’s stunning original score.
- Audio Commentary with Director Alan Taylor, Producer Kevin Feige, Actor Tom Hiddleston (Loki) and Cinematographer Kramer Morgenthau
The Dark Elves
Thor: The Dark World Blu-ray Rating:
Thor: The Dark World Blu-ray Cover
Thor: The Dark World is available on Blu-ray & DVD February 25th!
Thor: The Dark World Blu-ray Trailer