DIY: Throw The Party of The Summer
When beautiful Jade meets charismatic David, her sheltered world of privilege turns upside down when the pair’s instant desire sparks a reckless summer love affair. While Jade leaves behind her inhibitions and innocence to fall for David, he works to prove himself worthy of her love. But when David’s mysterious past and Jade’s overprotective father threaten to tear them apart, their romance will be put to the ultimate test.
From pool parties, “just because” gatherings, to graduation get-togethers, it’s obvious that summer is the season for celebrations. With just a little help from David and his girlfriend’s wonderful mom, Jade ended up throwing the graduation party of the summer. Let us be the David to your Jade, and help you throw your most unforgettable summer bash yet!
No party is complete without the perfect playlist. We’ve compiled some of our favorite tunes to turn any party into a hit.
- “Summer” by Calvin Harris
- “Falling” by HAIM
- “You My Everything” by Ellie Goulding
- “One Minute More” by Capital Cities
- “Hurricane (CHVRCHES Remix)” by MS MR
- “The Man Who Lives Forever” by Lord Huron
We’re not talking Pin the Tail on the Donkey here. The more creative you get, the more participation, and most importantly, the more fun it’s bound to be. We’ve got suggestions to get the party started!
Camera Hot Potato
Parties and selfies go hand-in-hand - so why not make it a game? The idea is to pass a camera around the room or table for a random amount of time. Whoever has the camera has to take a selfie before passing it on, and who ever has it when the buzzer goes off is out. The game is such a fun way to get candids that your friends will beg you not to tag them in.
Who Am I?
This game is a party classic, yes, but always entertaining. The first step is to pick names of celebrities, characters, or even objects and write them on index cards or name tags. Each person playing will be given a name card. Make sure they don’t peek! Each player roams around the room with twenty “yes or no” questions. For instance someone can ask, “Am I a man?” “Am I alive?” or “Am I in movies?” The first person to guess the name on the card wins. Just the perfect game for shy (but fun) people like Jade to get to know everyone!
This one’s not for the faint of heart. Take a page out of Jade’s party book and have a dance off! If you’ve got the perfect party playlist, then this one’s easy. Designate partners or groups, set a rehearsal time, and dance your pants off!
Keeping your guests fed is key. Don’t worry this is where finger foods come in handy! You can serve the ordinary pizza, wings, hamburgers, and hot dogs or you can go above and beyond with these creative and delicious recipes.
Pesto Tortilla Pinwheels
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 large flour tortillas (12")
- 1 pound thinly sliced turkey or ham deli meat
- In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese, pesto, and Parmesan cheese until smooth. Spread 1/3 of the mixture on top of one of the tortillas. Top cream cheese/pesto mixture with turkey or ham. Roll up tortilla tightly and wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and unwrap. Slice into rounds and display on serving plate or tray.
Homemade Soft Pretzel Bites
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 package active dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 3 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 1/2 to 5 cups all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil
- 3 quarts water
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1 whole egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon cold water
- Coarse sea salt
Click here for instructions.
Pepperoni Pizza Puffs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cubed pepperoni
- 1/2 cup store-bought pizza sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 24-cup mini-muffin pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, salt and red pepper flakes (if using) ; whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the mozzarella, Parmesan and pepperoni; let stand for 10 minutes.
2. Stir the batter and divide among the mini-muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, microwave the pizza sauce until warmed through. Serve the puffs with the pizza sauce for dipping.
For anyone looking for a fun summer romance, party and style inspiration, Endless Love is the one you don’t want to miss.
Endless Love is available on Digital HD™ on May 13th, 2014 and on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack May 27th, 2014!
Endless Love Trailer