Comments

Valentine's Day

Legend has it Valentine was an Italian bishop who lived about the same time as the priest Valentine. He was imprisoned because he secretly married couples, against the laws of the Roman emperor. Back to Article

Nihad12
Nihad12 wrote:
2013-02-14 03:13:09 -0800

I broke up with my girlfriend and I want someone to meet me, because I am afraid to take the first steps

Nihad12
Nihad12 wrote:
2013-02-14 03:09:38 -0800

I have no valentine

ElyBoo
ElyBoo wrote:
2013-02-14 02:36:16 -0800

ya i really dont care about valentines day i just really like the chocolates and thats all

nickguw
nickguw wrote:
2013-02-14 02:05:17 -0800

I don't have a valentine

sophiaFB
sophiaFB wrote:
2013-02-14 01:49:38 -0800

I did't have a boy friend! and I don't like to kepe a boy friend. but by the way wish you a happy valintina's day Love

Celeste14

2013-02-14 01:23:13 -0800

whu me??

allen
admin
allen wrote:
2013-02-13 21:25:10 -0800

This is a conversation thread about Valentines Day. Take your non related discussion to your account and talk there.

haileylovesnoah

mokeydokey wrote:
2013-02-13 20:44:57 -0800

Intresting....

ivoryanna
ivoryanna wrote:
2013-02-13 20:44:20 -0800

wow am I bored and im bakin cupcakes for mii class for valentines day cuz I guess their special

ivoryanna
ivoryanna wrote:
2013-02-13 20:38:41 -0800

wat is ur name

ivoryanna
ivoryanna wrote:
2013-02-13 20:37:42 -0800

I luv valentines day but I just don't no y tho

countryboys
countryboys wrote:
2013-02-13 20:34:58 -0800

K

Twisted_Vixen
Twisted_Vixen wrote:
2013-02-13 20:34:52 -0800

x) you guys need to chillax lol

tycolovesyou
tycolovesyou wrote:
2013-02-13 20:33:20 -0800

ODers disgust me.

Do You Have a Valentine?

• Yeah, I *heart* my Valentine.
  • No. I'm flying solo this year.
  • I'm working on it!
  • Valentine's Day is way too commercialized for me.

Micro_micro-cookielips
Valentine’s Day is the perfect time for cookies. Well, most any time is the perfect time for cook...
Micro_valentine-crossword-micro
Valentine's Day is almost here! Time for candy, hearts, flowers, love and, of course, Kidzworld's...
Micro_gifts_micro
Valentine’s Day is a great time to show your loved one how you feel, but what do you do if you're...
Micro_vintage_micro
We’re all familiar with the hearts and candies and flowers associated with Valentine’s Day, but w...

Random in the forums

Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez posted in Debating:
"AlphaT" wrote: "Teh_Skittlez" wrote: "AlphaT" wrote: "Teh_Skittlez" wrote: "Vampire Poison" wrote: I'm not exactly sure about this one, I do feel like we should have the death penalty, and then again, I think it's cruel. I believe that it depends on the kind of person and what their crime is. I would feel a lot safer if a person who was a serial killer wasn't around anymore. Again, the Anders Breivik case is a great example of a country treating a mass murderer like a human being rather than a monster (after all, we are a little bit old to be believing in monsters).  So...after reading up on him, I'm very surprised.  He was the Taliban's Taliban.  But he's twisted. He should not of been deemed sane. He should be spending the rest of his days in Solitary Confinement.  Would locking this man in a small space and letting his mind corrode even further really service anyone? Would you or I actually be better off? Do you think the victims' families will be safer at night knowing we've crushed the psyche of a murderer?  Being in prison is good enough, and he'll stay in prison as long as he's a threat, I see no reason that we need to torture him (and that is exactly what indefinite solitary confinement is), other than to satisfy our primal desires. This is why I consider this such a progressive decision. Treating even mass murderers like human beings who still have potential value is progress.  Crushing his psyche is more humane then killing the man. And at this point, he's not going to be much good to society.  Not every psychopathic murderer can come back to be a good citizen. Should he get a shrink? Of course. But if he's deemed "broken beyond repair" I don't see why we should let him be among others, so that he can either be martyr'd for his beliefs in jail or kill a Muslim who is in the prison, or spread his message to to others.  The compromise is that we need to have a volley of psychological tests to determine if they could be fixed (And yes, i know it's not that simple...but its better then letting EVERY SINGLE PSYCHOPATH in a regular prison) and use those tests to place them either in a regular prison, or have a makeshift Arkham Asylum, or solitary confinement.  I think you're confusing high-security and solitary confinement. There is absolutely no reason to keep anybody in solitary confinement indefinitely. We do not need to kill him, or crush his psyche, we have other options. IF he is still deemed unsafe, they can deal with him as they see fit. Obviously if he presents an active danger to other inmates, he should be kept away, but I seriously question the idea that we should preemptively punish him for things he hasn't actually done yet. I don't disagree that it's a case-by-case basis, obviously not every murderer can be reintegrated into society, but if there's even one, don't you think we should give him that opportunity? I think we should start by assuming that every one can be rehabilitated (which obviously won't happen), and then narrow it down from there, not the other way around. Prison is not about making people uncomfortable, it should be about keeping society safe, and about reintegrating violent criminals into a safe society.
Fenmore
Fenmore posted in Say Anything:
potato
WizardMorgan
COOKIES  :)
AlphaT
AlphaT posted in Say Anything:
Store bought posters, be swaggin in dat room yo.
Macbarbie09
Macbarbie09 posted in General:
Welcome to my August faves! Here are some of my Fave things in August: Song: Dancing Queen- ABBA!! That song is so Awesome!! Rude- Magic!!!  Why you gotta be so rude? Don't you know im Human too? Food: Ice Cream! Game: Pokemon X!! Show: How i met your mother what are some of your faves from August??