Ready To Become An Actor? (pg. 2)
Tips On Picking An Agent
- If you are looking for an agent for commercial work, you can submit your resume package any time of the year.
- If you're looking for an agent to represent you for film or television work, you are best to submit your resume package during the summer. Avoid sending in packages during TV pilot season (which is between early January and late February,) because agents are extremely busy at this time and your package will never be looked at.
- The best way to find a reputable agent is through word of mouth. If you take acting classes, get your acting coach to refer you to a couple of agents. If your next-door neighbor's uncle is an agent, start making friends with your next-door neighbor. Consider baking them some cookies.
- Most importantly, if you're serious about becoming an actor, you can't be afraid to get out there and make people notice you!
- Casting Call 411
- Acting Terms You Need to Know
- Casting Call - The BBC 411
Acting Workshops to Hone Your Skills
- Get a Job You'll Really Like!