Mason Aguirre Biography
Birthdate: November 10, 1987
Birthplace: Duluth, Minnesota
At barely 20 years old Mason Aguirre is one of the rising stars of snowboarding! We got the scoop on Mase!
Mason Aguirre - Growing Up
Mason Aguirre started snowboarding at the age of six after watching his older brother pick up the sport. Growing up in Duluth, Minnesota, Mason was just minutes from a ski resort so he had plenty of opportunity to perfect his craft. It wasn't long until Mason proved he could hang with the big boys as he turned pro at the age of 15. Around the same time, Mason and his family moved to Mammoth Lakes, California so he could train with professionals.
Mason Aguirre - Accomplishments
Just a few years after turning pro, Mason became the youngest member of the 2006 US Olympic snowboarding team - where he placed a respectable fourth place in the Halfpipe event. That same year, Mason placed first overall in the 2006 World Superpipe Championships and the 2006 Burton New Zealand Open. He has also competed in the X Games for four consecutive years, and won the silver in the superpipe event in 2006.
Mason Aguirre - Unique Style
Mason Aguirre has a riding style that is unlike the rest of his peers. Although he is tall and lanky, he is known for his smooth boardin' style. From his flawless spins on the halfpipe to his acrobatic mid-air maneuvers, Mase makes it look so easy. Mason has one of the best 1080s out there, but his bread-and-butter is his corked 540s.
Mason Aguirre - Did U Know?
- Mason Aguirre's favorite musicians include Bone Thugs and Harmony, Tom Petty, Tupac and Motley Crue.
- Mason Aguirre is currently sponsored by Burton, Smith, Sobe, Windells and Fender Guitars.
- Mason Aguirre is 6'1" and weighs 150 pounds.
- Mason Aguirre's sister Molly is also a professional snowboarder.
- Mason Aguirre's hobbies include playing the guitar, golfing and skateboarding.
- Mason Aguirre likes to play Guitar Hero on his PS2.
- Mason Aguirre's first job was a golf caddie.
Mason Aguirre Says...
"It's most important to have fun - you know what I mean? - but if you want it just watch other riders around you pushing it and feed off of that."