Easy Ways to Improve Your Abs
Unless you're some freak of nature, having great abs like Usher and Jessica Biel takes hard work. We have some tips on how you can flatten that stomach!
Abs - Exercises
The road to great abs is not as impossible as some people think - it just takes a little effort. Here are three exercises that you should add to your workout schedule.
- Crunches - Although this obvious, crunches are probably the best wayto shape your abs. Make sure your feet are planted on the ground. If you need to, you can have someone hold them down. Instead of holding your hands behind your head, cross your arms across your chest. Go down slowly each rep and when you come back up to your knees, hold your position there for a second or two. Try doing 20 to 30 of these three times a week.
- Cardio - Any cardio exercise, running, swimming, rollerblading or biking, can help improve your abs. Cardio workouts burn fat all over your body including your stomach. Try to run three to four times a week.
- Bicycles - This exercise helps build the "six pack". Lay on your back and lace your fingers behind your head. As if you were riding a bicycle, bring your right knee up to your left elbow, then vice-versa. Do this in reps of 10, three times a week.
Abs - Nutrition
One thing is certain - the key to great abs does not include eating greasy burgers or fried chicken. Eating healthy, non-fattening foods is important for keeping a fit stomach. Protein is good for developing muscles, so try to eat proteins that are baked instead of fried. Another tip is to work out after you eat carbs.
Abs - Routine
Getting great abs doesn't mean you have to work them out seven days a week. In fact, over working any muscle (including your abs) is counter productive. Your muscles need time to rest so that they will grow. If you don't allow them to grow, you're actually hurting your body and increasing the risk of injury. Every day you work out, give at least one day to rest.
- Quiz the Coach - I Want Nice Abs
- Weight Training Tips
- Nutrition - Facts About Fat
- More Sports and Fitness Advice