Kw-halloween-logo-small

Sports

Cheerleading
Talk about cheerleading. Is cheerleading a sport? Is it just for girls? Post your favorite cheers!

Why Are Cheerleaders Always Snobby In The Movies?

Posted By:
oswa11
oswa11
StarStarStarStar
 In about all of the movies I watch the cheerleaders are snobby. Why is that. In our school they are not aloud to be mean. If they are mean they get kicked off. So why are they all mean in movies?

Umm this is a kowalla i cant spell it! Live Your Life to the Fullest

Posted By:
ps3master
ps3master
StarStarStarStar

"oswa11" wrote:

In about all of the movies I watch the cheerleaders are snobby. Why is that. In our school they are not aloud to be mean. If they are mean they get kicked off. So why are they all mean in movies?

Because generally cheerleaders are popular good looking girls, and popular good looking girls are generally snobby bratty jerks. 

The Marine

Posted By:
Maha023
Maha023
StarStar
And in real life they are snobby too...... at my school some cheerleader s were hanging out as usual they were snobby so I used to call them snob squad

Posted By:
Maha023
Maha023
StarStar
And in real life they are snobby too...... at my school some cheerleader s were hanging out as usual they were snobby so I used to call them snob squad

Posted By:
Gingerkissx
Gingerkissx
StarStarStarStarStar
It's just a stereotype.
Just like the "nerd", the "disty blonde", "girl next door" etc,  they're all unrealistic and exaggerated.
Stereotypes are used because we can quickly recognize them. We all know the cheerleaders are usually popular and snobby, so when we see a cheerleader in a film, we generally already know a little bit about their character almost as soon as we see them. It saves time when having to introduce a character and get to know them.

I hope that made sense.

Ginger|Melissa

Posted By:
Kirsteeeeen
Kirsteeeeen
StarStarStarStarStar

"Gingerkissx" wrote:

It's just a stereotype.

Just like the "nerd", the "disty blonde", "girl next door" etc,  they're all unrealistic and exaggerated.

Stereotypes are used because we can quickly recognize them. We all know the cheerleaders are usually popular and snobby, so when we see a cheerleader in a film, we generally already know a little bit about their character almost as soon as we see them. It saves time when having to introduce a character and get to know them.

I hope that made sense.

^^This.
Also, cheerleaders at my school also tend to act snobby because of the stereotype. Once you're on the team you're expected be snobby so to be at the standards expected of you that's what you become. 

Name

Signature

I Support Equal Rights

Posted By:
Swagg_PopCornEmo
Swagg_PopCornEmo
StarStar
Cheer-leading is a sport it is not just for girls it basically gymnastics but in routines its a great way to feel better about yourself and you can learn all sorts of skills there but my tip is if you want to start cheer go to gymnastics first so you can get a bit of flexibility and work from there and if you want to do more advance things like tumbles then practice and being self taught is not a disadvantage its a bonus cheer is nothing like the movies (in some parts yes but not in the drama part its more like fitness than showing off it keeps you in good state in mind agility and visually try it ad see how you feel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) byeeeeeeeeeeeee

Posted By:
-Gwen42--
-Gwen42--
StarStarStarStar
idk

Chase Elliott at Watkins Glen

Twilight
TUTOR on the "tutoring!!!!" thread!!!

(If you need help with homework comment on the "Tutoring" thread.

Posted By:
AlphaT
AlphaT
StarStarStarStarStar
Because most cheerleaders are in the the rich, good looking, great looking, amazing looking, unbelievably gorgeous top 1% of the school environment. They've been held to certain entitlements for their entire life, and are naturally snobby towards others. 

"You must never be fearful about what you are doing when it is right."

Posted By:
9bella
9bella
StarStarStarStar
because they always think popularity and to be popular i guess you have to be snobby

Not really just in movies

kess

yeah (:

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Ow_fright_ad_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

Happy Birthday Astha! [genius@23]

Happy Birthday Astha! [genius@23]

Chess or Checkers?

How Would You Describe You Personality Wit...

Happy birthday Kirsten [Kirsteeeeen]

Chess or Checkers?

latest videos