Kw-logo-holiday

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

Old KW or New?

Posted By:
-MissAbbie- Lock
-MissAbbie-
StarStarStar
Old Kw </3 missing the MP !

Rylan Clark is mine *_* muwahahaha.

Old KW or New?

Posted By:
HunterHayesLover97
HunterHayesLover97
StarStarStarStar
I like the new although some of the things they hashtag out really aren't that bad, but at least you can still put the idea out there.

----------HunterHayesLover97----------

Old KW or New?

Posted By:
Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez
StarStarStarStarStar
So, as someone who's been here a little while, I personally prefer the older designs for the forums as far as aesthetics go. However, I like a lot of the new features, and I think that KW has with a few exceptions steadily gotten better with each change.

Old KW or New?

Posted By:
Jelly3
Jelly3
StarStarStarStarStar
Old KW? what do you mean? 

Old KW or New?

Posted By:
allen
allen
Admin
StarStarStarStar

"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:

So, as someone who's been here a little while, I personally prefer the older designs for the forums as far as aesthetics go. However, I like a lot of the new features, and I think that KW has with a few exceptions steadily gotten better with each change.

I would love to know more about your comment regarding the design of the forums. We are always willing to listen to constructive thoughts from our users. Especially those who have been here for a while - like you!

The filter is an ongoing work in progress. It gets better every week, partly because of the words that users tell us about. Yes, it does block some words un necessarily - but some of those words have a double meaning. The filter monster only thinks of the bad side of things, never the good side. We are working with him to make him more understanding! Wink 

How many of your real world friends have you invited to KW today??? Get bizzy!

Old KW or New?

Posted By:
Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez
StarStarStarStarStar

"allen" wrote:

"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:

I would love to know more about your comment regarding the design of the forums. We are always willing to listen to constructive thoughts from our users. Especially those who have been here for a while - like you!

The filter is an ongoing work in progress. It gets better every week, partly because of the words that users tell us about. Yes, it does block some words un necessarily - but some of those words have a double meaning. The filter monster only thinks of the bad side of things, never the good side. We are working with him to make him more understanding! Wink 

I'm one of those kinds of people that prefers very simple layouts. The old layouts were just that, very simple and square, really emulated to me that whole 'Early-Mid 2000s' feel of websites. Obviously it's been a while since I've seen the actual layouts from back then, so I'm just speaking off memory. 

I understand the filter stuff better than some, I'd like to think. I realize how difficult it is to make a kid-friendly environment on the internet, which is almost inherently a non-kid friendly place. You can't hire people to monitor everything and use human judgement, which, would obviously be the optimal solution. So, a filter is the next best option. It's hard to make a filter to understand context, especially in a language such as English since so many words and word roots have several meanings. So it's inevitable that some things are going to get caught that shouldn't be. I do think you guys have made huge improvements to the filter, though. 

Old KW or New?

Posted By:
Scourgeheart
Scourgeheart
StarStarStarStarStar
I do enjoy some of the smaller add-ins, though, all in all, I might prefer the older kw.

Love Thy Neighbor as Thyself

Everyone is beautiful, special, and has a purpose in this world. Yes, even you

1 2 4 Next →

play online games

Hour-of-code-tumb

Codey the troll is lost! Help him avoid obstacles and get back into the computer...

Candy-quest-feature

Your troll is lost! Help it avoid obstacles and get back into the computer.

Fo...

Dragon-dash

Your dragon must return to guard the treasure! Help it gather lost coins and avo...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properties to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be r...

1005_cc_kidz_100x100_vlh

Candy's got her candies into a terrible mess, can you help her to sort them out?

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

_thumb_100x100

Bloons 2 is here! A worthy and awesome sequel at last to our original Bloons gam...

Frostbox_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

What is your favorite Pokemon?

Thinking Which Cartoon Character Are You? ...

The Rush

The Rush

latest videos