Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

Your own culture.

Posted By:
-lka_2375201 Lock
-lka_2375201
StarStarStarStar
There isn't much that I feel I need to say rather than one question itself, but here you go.

We all have our own ''moral code'', our own perception of different happenings/situations, opinions and directions based on different reasons as well. Also, priorities, and dreams (different visions of a better world as well). We all have beliefs.

Regardless of all the above, people tend to act in the same way, I think so anyway. 

Little do we see someone going against his own culture, standing by his own standards and principals in a place where everyone he lives around and deals with are all in a completely different direction. .

My question here is, do you think creating your own culture is something beneficial? A good way to spread a sense of who you are and what you stand for? Or is it just a waste of time since people will mostly go with what they used to do before and a change to their culture is not an accepted effort? 

My opinions is right has the possibility of being wrong, and your opinion is wrong has the possibility of being right.

Your own culture.

Posted By:
-lka_2375201 Lock
-lka_2375201
StarStarStarStar
Having no one reply to this makes me think it isn't that much of a debate. I'll reply to myself though. Frustrated

Yes, creating your own culture is the optimum of self contentment and success on a personal level. 
Shows great qualities of one as well; bravery, bride, confidence, and individuality. 

It shows people that maybe a change is good, acceptable, and worthy. 
It spreads one's ideals and ideas, morals, visions...etc. 
It's never useless unless the person who is attempting a culture interference believes so. 

My opinions is right has the possibility of being wrong, and your opinion is wrong has the possibility of being right.

Your own culture.

Posted By:
-Zachary- Lock
-Zachary-
StarStarStarStar

My question here is, do you think creating your own culture is something beneficial?

Sometimes.

A good way to spread a sense of who you are and what you stand for?

Sometimes.

Or is it just a waste of time since people will mostly go with what they used to do before and a change to their culture is not an accepted effort?

Sometimes.

People changing their individual views is what causes cultures to evolve as those views become more accepted. Some views are not always advantageous, such as the sacrifice of volcano bait to the gods, or the beheading of atheists. Someone who's defined their own personal culture / beliefs as "I should blow these people up because they're not cool with what I believe" is a damaging and bad ideology that shouldn't be accepted. 

“Mutual caring relationships require kindness and patience, tolerance, optimism, joy in the other's achievements, confidence in oneself, and the ability to give without undue thought of gain.”

Your own culture.

Posted By:
lovebud28
lovebud28
StarStar
love to debate

Your own culture.

Posted By:
-lka_2375201 Lock
-lka_2375201
StarStarStarStar

"-Zachary-" wrote:

People changing their individual views is what causes cultures to evolve as those views become more accepted. Some views are not always advantageous, such as the sacrifice of volcano bait to the gods, or the beheading of atheists.

I agree, though it doesn't necessarily mean that those changed views will become more acceptable

"-Zachary-" wrote:

Someone who's defined their own personal culture / beliefs as "I should blow these people up because they're not cool with what I believe" is a damaging and bad ideology that shouldn't be accepted. 

Never said it should. 

Your own culture.

Posted By:
-lka_2375201 Lock
-lka_2375201
StarStarStarStar

"lovebud28" wrote:

love to debate

Debate, giving your opinion of the original post question then. 

Your own culture.

Posted By:
rainbowcandy44
rainbowcandy44
Star
In my family, we have a few customs:
1. Every year we get baptized in the ocean (not deep)
2. The girls partcipate in gymnastics or dance classes to be prepared if there are no other choices
3. Boys need to learn to play a sport
4. We ice skate every year on Jan 9 because that's where a family member left us

I'm a rainbow unicorn that stalks y'all in ya sleep 0.0

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

Are they really your friends?

LAST 1 TO POST WINS ! ! :D

latest videos