Kw-logo-holiday

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

Are first impressions important?

Posted By:
-lka_2375201 Lock
-lka_2375201
StarStarStarStar

"hugebear" wrote:

[This is very like the Judging Much topic]

Yup a bit

"hugebear" wrote:

Me opinion is I dunno and sometimes the first impressions leads to the wrong conclusions and othertimes sometimes the thing you see on the first impression is true and you was right when you has known the person longer 

So they are pointless? As in you can't make a proper judgment on ones character by them? 

My opinions is right has the possibility of being wrong, and your opinion is wrong has the possibility of being right.

Posted By:
TeamAustin
TeamAustin
StarStarStarStarStar
No, because they don'tknow who you really are.

Posted By:
Authoritarian Lock
Authoritarian
StarStarStarStarStar
make a bad impression on somebody really important later in life and you're screwed

:^)

Posted By:
TeamAustin
TeamAustin
StarStarStarStarStar
Sometime and sometimes not.

Posted By:
-lka_2375201 Lock
-lka_2375201
StarStarStarStar

"TeamAustin" wrote:

No, because they don'tknow who you really are.

though they might make just the impression of who you truly are...whoever they are.

My opinions is right has the possibility of being wrong, and your opinion is wrong has the possibility of being right.

Posted By:
TeamAustin
TeamAustin
StarStarStarStarStar

"-lka" wrote:

"hugebear" wrote:

[This is very like the Judging Much topic]

Yup a bit

"hugebear" wrote:

Me opinion is I dunno and sometimes the first impressions leads to the wrong conclusions and othertimes sometimes the thing you see on the first impression is true and you was right when you has known the person longer 

So they are pointless? As in you can't make a proper judgment on ones character by them? 

Posted By:
Rhema J
Rhema J
StarStarStarStarStar
This is a tough one.
In a way, Yes,
But also, No.
Like it's important to make sure you are polite and nice to your teachers and the kids on your first day of school, camp, sport team, etc.
But also it's a total no-no to get all wrapped up in making the "perfect first impression".

-- Rhema Joy ♥

Posted By:
-lka_2375201 Lock
-lka_2375201
StarStarStarStar

"Authoritarian" wrote:

make a bad impression on somebody really important later in life and you're screwed

Not necessarily, and one very important person ahead, could'v been really bad in previous times, according to your judgment anyways. 

Posted By:
-lka_2375201 Lock
-lka_2375201
StarStarStarStar

"Rhema J" wrote:

But also it's a total no-no to get all wrapped up in making the "perfect first impression".

I think one shouldn't submit to a criteria of "perfect first impression" as well. 

Posted By:
-Zachary- Lock
-Zachary-
StarStarStarStar
Yeah, obviously. Like you said, you're selling yourself upon first meeting someone. You're supposed to show your character, and if they find those qualities attractive, they'll get to know you more. First impressions are extremely important because of this. If you go into a job interview looking like a total slob, that reflects poorly upon you because it says you possess qualities that likely aren't good for someone working.

But if you present yourself as well dressed, orderly, confident, etc. then that shows that you're prepared and able to perform the job. Naturally this applies to things other than just job interviews, such as simply meeting someone that could become a friend in the future if they like how you've sold yourself. First impressions aren't intended to let someone know the entirety of your character. It's just a preview of yourself. 

“Mutual caring relationships require kindness and patience, tolerance, optimism, joy in the other's achievements, confidence in oneself, and the ability to give without undue thought of gain.”

play online games

Hour-of-code-tumb

Codey the troll is lost! Help him avoid obstacles and get back into the computer...

Candy-quest-feature

Your troll is lost! Help it avoid obstacles and get back into the computer.

Fo...

Dragon-dash

Your dragon must return to guard the treasure! Help it gather lost coins and avo...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properties to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be r...

1005_cc_kidz_100x100_vlh

Candy's got her candies into a terrible mess, can you help her to sort them out?

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

_thumb_100x100

Bloons 2 is here! A worthy and awesome sequel at last to our original Bloons gam...

Frostbox_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

What's your favorite app in iPhone/iPad?

MERRY CHRISTMAS GOODLUCK WISHES TO YOU

1D vs 5 seconds of summer-moved

I think KW should add some new moods?

I think KW should add some new moods?

Wolves are awesome.

latest videos