Kw-logo-holiday

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

should smart kids in class be divided from the slow kids?

Posted By:
Pink_Kitty
Pink_Kitty
StarStarStarStarStar
Sometimes yes.

I am Alyssa

My picture is in my profile.

Posted By:
-Kat-
-Kat-
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar
I think it depends on what you mean with "slow". As in slow learning or slow acting? 

Because if kids are slow acting/working, then they can be just as smart as the "fastest" kids in the class, just not getting the work done in the same amount of time. Therefore I don't think it's completely necessary, since they would have the same ability to learn the same things in the same lessons. 

Although if you meant slow as in slow learning, I do think it'd be a good idea to perhaps split those kids into a different "set" or "form", like most secondary schools do nowadays, so that all the kids get the right amount of attention and time that they need.

i've got troubled thoughts and a self esteem to match,
{1/2 of #girlsalliancecamp}and a s e lfewhat a catch.

Posted By:
-systemofabreakd0wn
-systemofabreakd0wn
StarStarStarStar
They already are o.e In my school there's 4 bands with sets based on that in every year, North being for more able students, whereas East for students who either have difficulty learning or don't learn so fast. I think its a good idea, because it allows more able students to learn the more harder stuff instead of starting from basics, and also allows slower learmers to have the tieme they need to grasp a subject. I think its a good idea.

This signature will appear below each of your posts.

Posted By:
Yeliak
Yeliak
StarStarStarStarStar
That's why they have Honors and AP classes. It's for the advanced kids, so they aren't slowed down by the other kids. But if you mean in a class where there's both smart and slow kids, then sure, why not? It would be more individualized that way. The smart and slow kids can each have their needs met.

← Previous 1 2 Next →

play online games

Hour-of-code-tumb

Codey the troll is lost! Help him avoid obstacles and get back into the computer...

Candy-quest-feature

Your troll is lost! Help it avoid obstacles and get back into the computer.

Fo...

Dragon-dash

Your dragon must return to guard the treasure! Help it gather lost coins and avo...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properties to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be r...

1005_cc_kidz_100x100_vlh

Candy's got her candies into a terrible mess, can you help her to sort them out?

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

_thumb_100x100

Bloons 2 is here! A worthy and awesome sequel at last to our original Bloons gam...

Frostbox_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

What is the most Overplayed Song to you?

I'm back!

My dad is not around.

What Are You Listening To Right Now - 2014

latest videos