Back left 6d79ffa2165c70419b5d81367025d889a832b878a14a24f303dd5f6f59a4f2c5
Back right 7131bbac0729874ea35f73598ddf94d2e1f7db07d23b55f12e0a2064353ff6d7

Parents vs. KIds-is it right to fight??

Celebs cartoon cfce93feab0316bf700026de7ec97f7de6e9ad1915d2ce24ce54a99a68a2b199
Posted over 4 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb

if you and and your parents have different ideas of the way things should go then this is probably what happens -you backtalk- they punish you--you make sassy remark--they ground you--you find something quietly fun to do in your room- do think this is normal??

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░

Posted over 4 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
It's normal. I think this happens in all families, it happening in a lot in some and not so much in others, but all in all, it's normal. If it happens a lot, it either means your parents are genuinely unfair and force a lot of rules on you or you just need to learn some respect. Making a big fuss over washing the dishes is ridiculous and if you're complaining about something like that, I think you need to straighten up a little bit.

#atyourservice
roll the bones

Posted over 4 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Ok, you ask two different questions here. In the title you ask if it's right, and in the post you ask if it's normal.
First, I think it is unfortunately normal, to a point. I feel like I argue with my parents more than my friends do when I see them, but that's likely just weighted averages. I only see them when they are getting along.
Second, it isn't right. I believe arguing is a pointless waste of time and energy which only results in hurt feelings and fist shaped holes in the walls.
However I do believe in debating. I think we learn a lot through debating. You learn how to take different stand points on any subject, you learn more about the subject, and you learn about the person you are debating with.
If you really seem to be having problems with your parents I would suggest reading The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey, The Anatomy of  Peace, and The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens by Sean Covey.
Some suggestions of my own, discover why you argue with your parents. Is it because you don't feel they respect you, is it because you believe you are right and they are wrong, is it because it's such a habit ingrained within your subconscious that you don't even know.
Sometimes it's necessary to take responsibility. If they want you to do your chores and you want to hang with friends (or on Kidzworldsmile then maybe look from their perspective. Realize what they have to deal with. Maybe they think that you are just some bratty kid who doesn't know how to respect and needs to be belted, maybe they think that you are too young to understand the overall picture they have in their mind. Whatever you decide it is talk to your parents. Tell them you need to talk to them about your relationship and it's very important. Lay down some ground rules such as no shouting and mandatory participation in the conversation. Then talk. Talk about specific times and general attitude. Find the true problem. Then listen. Hear their side. And truly try to understand.
Overall set some communication into flow. I think most disputes arise from miscommunication or no communication. I mean, if your parents truly understood your side would they do what they do? And vica versa.
I hope this helps. I would really recommend those books for anybody. Also you might look into the blog "Teenfo". It's a site just for teens to learn the principles of life.
Thanks.

Posted over 4 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb

Yes, it is perfectly normal. Doesn't mean it's right. The parents are the ones at fault for causing this fight, or argument, to occur. The parent should explain why they wont let the child do or have a certain thing and the child should accept that matter and move on. 
But the child is partly at fault too for promoting the argument. Going on and on about something is n't going to change the adults mind, just make them annoyed. 

Posted over 4 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Junior Mod

Yes. Every relationship, whether it's friendship between your friends or a relationship between your family or bf/gf, it's normal to have fights. It's how you handle the fights which depend on whether it's right or wrong. smile

Posted over 4 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
It's okay to fight, as long as you don't punch/kick/falcon punch/slap/squeeze/kill them.

Quotes!
SPOILER

Posted over 4 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb

"saveyou" wrote:

It's okay to fight, as long as you don't punch/kick/falcon punch/slap/squeeze/kill them.

^^ lol xD

Posted over 4 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Of course it's normal. Sometimes the parents are right and the kids don't listen or the kids are right and the adults don't listen
: p

Life is short, make it worth living

Posted over 4 years ago

Posted By:

Default girl ebfa4eefafa81bb90719837d64c24469880b9b6f180430fe833764236bc8b5a4
I would love to say that everyone should get along or at least avoid arguments, but I would be a hypocrite if I said that. I'm so much like my parents that sometimes it's impossible for us to get along. If there's something your parents don't understand that you feel needs to be understood, you should tell them. if it leads to an argument, just try not to murder anyone.

I'm just a prisoner in this jail cell of a planet.

Posted over 4 years ago

Posted By:

Default girl ebfa4eefafa81bb90719837d64c24469880b9b6f180430fe833764236bc8b5a4

Nonits not right

News Feed

To view your full News Feed please Login using your Username and Password or Register with Kidzworld!

Forum Activity

Would you happen to have th... in Say Anything posted by MechaMaiden23
Choose a word to describe y... in Random posted by MechaMaiden23
awnser the question the per... in Forum Games posted by MechaMaiden23
Would u date the person abo... in Random posted by dragongirl555
You Failed To Mention in Forum Games posted by rainbowpoptart
Tell A Story - One Word Per... in Forum Games posted by rainbowpoptart
This or That?? in Forum Games posted by rainbowpoptart
User above - describe with ... in Forum Games posted by rainbowpoptart
See you... **NOT CLICKBAIT** in Random posted by ImagineOrdinary
Play with WoRdS in Forum Games posted by rainbowpoptart
Sillyvision next Generation... in General Roleplays posted by Tord_Trash
First Period Storys. (Girls... in Girls Only posted by WinxFanBloomKia231AP
See you... **NOT CLICKBAIT** in Random posted by XxRuby_PhoenixxX
Let's count to 1 Million! in Forum Games posted by Itzmedacheese
Home For the Strange ( for ... in Private Roleplay posted by ThisNameWasStolen
What do you think i am?(hon... in Say Anything posted by ImagineOrdinary
Rate the YouTube channel ab... in Forum Games posted by Itzmedacheese
New site layout this week! in New Features on KW posted by SnowflakeAngelKitten
Write your best friend's na... in Say Anything posted by slurpie3
Fragments [INDIGO LEAGUE!] ... in Private Roleplay posted by SnowflakeAngelKitten
New site layout this week! in New Features on KW posted by slurpie3
New site layout this week! in New Features on KW posted by James
New site layout this week! in New Features on KW posted by rainbowpoptart
New site layout this week! in New Features on KW posted by simran88
New site layout this week! in New Features on KW posted by Abbergrl
what do you want to be when... in Current Events posted by Alois_Trancy_
New Real Time Private Messa... in New Features on KW posted by lolathedog
New Real Time Private Messa... in New Features on KW posted by Abbergrl
Choose a word to describe y... in Random posted by MechaMaiden23
Would u date the person abo... in Random posted by dragongirl555