Kw-halloween-logo-small

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

Parents vs. KIds-is it right to fight??

Posted By:
Sissygirl1346
Sissygirl1346
Star
if you and and your parents have different ideas of the way things should go then this is probably what happens -you backtalk- they punish you--you make sassy remark--they ground you--you find something quietly fun to do in your room- do think this is normal??

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░

Posted By:
cajuncutie12
cajuncutie12
StarStarStarStar
It's normal. I think this happens in all families, it happening in a lot in some and not so much in others, but all in all, it's normal. If it happens a lot, it either means your parents are genuinely unfair and force a lot of rules on you or you just need to learn some respect. Making a big fuss over washing the dishes is ridiculous and if you're complaining about something like that, I think you need to straighten up a little bit.

#atyourservice
roll the bones

Posted By:
healthandwealth
healthandwealth
StarStar
Ok, you ask two different questions here. In the title you ask if it's right, and in the post you ask if it's normal.
First, I think it is unfortunately normal, to a point. I feel like I argue with my parents more than my friends do when I see them, but that's likely just weighted averages. I only see them when they are getting along.
Second, it isn't right. I believe arguing is a pointless waste of time and energy which only results in hurt feelings and fist shaped holes in the walls.
However I do believe in debating. I think we learn a lot through debating. You learn how to take different stand points on any subject, you learn more about the subject, and you learn about the person you are debating with.
If you really seem to be having problems with your parents I would suggest reading The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey, The Anatomy of  Peace, and The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens by Sean Covey.
Some suggestions of my own, discover why you argue with your parents. Is it because you don't feel they respect you, is it because you believe you are right and they are wrong, is it because it's such a habit ingrained within your subconscious that you don't even know.
Sometimes it's necessary to take responsibility. If they want you to do your chores and you want to hang with friends (or on Kidzworldsmile then maybe look from their perspective. Realize what they have to deal with. Maybe they think that you are just some bratty kid who doesn't know how to respect and needs to be belted, maybe they think that you are too young to understand the overall picture they have in their mind. Whatever you decide it is talk to your parents. Tell them you need to talk to them about your relationship and it's very important. Lay down some ground rules such as no shouting and mandatory participation in the conversation. Then talk. Talk about specific times and general attitude. Find the true problem. Then listen. Hear their side. And truly try to understand.
Overall set some communication into flow. I think most disputes arise from miscommunication or no communication. I mean, if your parents truly understood your side would they do what they do? And vica versa.
I hope this helps. I would really recommend those books for anybody. Also you might look into the blog "Teenfo". It's a site just for teens to learn the principles of life.
Thanks.

Posted By:
Betzy123
Betzy123
StarStarStarStarStar
Yes, it is perfectly normal. Doesn't mean it's right. The parents are the ones at fault for causing this fight, or argument, to occur. The parent should explain why they wont let the child do or have a certain thing and the child should accept that matter and move on. 
But the child is partly at fault too for promoting the argument. Going on and on about something is n't going to change the adults mind, just make them annoyed. 

Posted By:
GawjussGracieex
GawjussGracieex
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar
Yes. Every relationship, whether it's friendship between your friends or a relationship between your family or bf/gf, it's normal to have fights. It's how you handle the fights which depend on whether it's right or wrong. smile

Junior Mod
Ask me if you have any questions or need any help.

Posted By:
saveyou
saveyou
StarStarStarStarStar
It's okay to fight, as long as you don't punch/kick/falcon punch/slap/squeeze/kill them.

Quotes!
SPOILER

Posted By:
Betzy123
Betzy123
StarStarStarStarStar

"saveyou" wrote:

It's okay to fight, as long as you don't punch/kick/falcon punch/slap/squeeze/kill them.

^^ lol xD

Posted By:
sugarspice0317
sugarspice0317
StarStarStar
Of course it's normal. Sometimes the parents are right and the kids don't listen or the kids are right and the adults don't listen
: p

Life is short, make it worth living

Posted By:
DeathInDarkness
DeathInDarkness
StarStarStarStar
I would love to say that everyone should get along or at least avoid arguments, but I would be a hypocrite if I said that. I'm so much like my parents that sometimes it's impossible for us to get along. If there's something your parents don't understand that you feel needs to be understood, you should tell them. if it leads to an argument, just try not to murder anyone.

I'm just a prisoner in this jail cell of a planet.

Posted By:
awsomeness2000
awsomeness2000
Star
Nonits not right

← Previous 1

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Ow_fright_ad_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

ThE WoRd GaMe

Pixeled has returned. But not forever???

Its a never ending game!

LAST 1 TO POST WINS ! ! :D

Give me the color of ur Shirt now:)

Its a never ending game!

latest videos