x

Meet New Friends!

Recommended friends are based on your interests. Make sure they are up to date.

Friends
Kidzworld Logo

Random

← Previous 1 3 4
Posted By:
Turtle52
Turtle52
Member since:
February 2013
Status:
Offline

Posts: 1839
StarStarStarStarStar
Posted about 3 years ago
Here's a question for you,
What colour is a mirror??


I Support Equal Rights


Posted By:
TearsInTheRain Lock
TearsInTheRain
Member since:
May 2013
Status:
Offline

Posts: 847
StarStarStarStar
Posted about 3 years ago
Green

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain...


Posted By:
NoAnaesthesia
NoAnaesthesia
Member since:
June 2013
Status:
Offline

Posts: 4
Star
Posted about 3 years ago
Mirrors don't emit, so they are colourless.
Most mirrors don't transmit, so they are black.
Mirrors do reflect whatever light is shined on them, so they are white.
Most people would just say they look "silvery".

Posted By:
UntoldPerfection;-_2419439 Lock
UntoldPerfection;-_2419439
Member since:
March 2013
Status:
Offline

Posts: 107
StarStarStarStar
Posted about 3 years ago
A mirror might look silver because it's usually depicted that way in books or movies.  However,  it's actually the color of whatever is reflected onto it. A perfect mirror has specular reflection, meaning it reflects all light in a single direction equal to what it receives. Specular reflection creates an image of whatever object is in front of it. But most mirrors we use aren't perfect. In fact, our mirrors reflect green light, so they often make the objects in them have a greenish tinge.

Posted By:
JWittz
JWittz
Member since:
May 2013
Status:
Offline

Posts: 7354
StarStarStarStarStar
Posted about 3 years ago
I never knew that.

▪Praying to the RP God since 2012▪

Sir Christopher Lee
Dracula


Posted By:
-systemofabreakd0wn
-systemofabreakd0wn
Member since:
March 2013
Status:
Offline

Posts: 480
StarStarStarStar
Posted about 3 years ago

"UntoldPerfection;-" wrote:

A mirror might look silver because it's usually depicted that way in books or movies.  However,  it's actually the color of whatever is reflected onto it. A perfect mirror has specular reflection, meaning it reflects all light in a single direction equal to what it receives. Specular reflection creates an image of whatever object is in front of it. But most mirrors we use aren't perfect. In fact, our mirrors reflect green light, so they often make the objects in them have a greenish tinge.

"NoAnaesthesia" wrote:

Mirrors don't emit, so they are colourless.
Most mirrors don't transmit, so they are black.
Mirrors do reflect whatever light is shined on them, so they are white.
Most people would just say they look "silvery".

geniuses  

This signature will appear below each of your posts.


Posted By:
UntoldPerfection;-_2419439 Lock
UntoldPerfection;-_2419439
Member since:
March 2013
Status:
Offline

Posts: 107
StarStarStarStar
Posted about 3 years ago

"-systemofabreakd0wn" wrote:



"UntoldPerfection;-" wrote:


A mirror might look silver because it's usually depicted that way in books or movies.  However,  it's actually the color of whatever is reflected onto it. A perfect mirror has specular reflection, meaning it reflects all light in a single direction equal to what it receives. Specular reflection creates an image of whatever object is in front of it. But most mirrors we use aren't perfect. In fact, our mirrors reflect green light, so they often make the objects in them have a greenish tinge.



"NoAnaesthesia" wrote:


Mirrors don't emit, so they are colourless.
Most mirrors don't transmit, so they are black.
Mirrors do reflect whatever light is shined on them, so they are white.
Most people would just say they look "silvery".

geniuses  

Yes.

Posted By:
TheoryofMind_2457723 Lock
TheoryofMind_2457723
Member since:
May 2013
Status:
Offline

Posts: 292
StarStarStarStar
Posted about 3 years ago
Whatever color is in the reflection. 


Posted By:
TearsInTheRain Lock
TearsInTheRain
Member since:
May 2013
Status:
Offline

Posts: 847
StarStarStarStar
Posted about 3 years ago

"-systemofabreakd0wn" wrote:



"UntoldPerfection;-" wrote:


A mirror might look silver because it's usually depicted that way in books or movies.  However,  it's actually the color of whatever is reflected onto it. A perfect mirror has specular reflection, meaning it reflects all light in a single direction equal to what it receives. Specular reflection creates an image of whatever object is in front of it. But most mirrors we use aren't perfect. In fact, our mirrors reflect green light, so they often make the objects in them have a greenish tinge.



"NoAnaesthesia" wrote:


Mirrors don't emit, so they are colourless.
Most mirrors don't transmit, so they are black.
Mirrors do reflect whatever light is shined on them, so they are white.
Most people would just say they look "silvery".

geniuses  


lol.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain...


Posted By:
jrgirl13
jrgirl13
Member since:
October 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 3117
StarStarStarStarStar
Posted about 3 years ago
Mirrors are merely reflective surfaces.  They have no color of their own.

Keep Calm and Nerd On!!!


← Previous 1 3 4

Latest Forum Posts

new kids shows are dumb

new kids shows are dumb

Political Questionnaire

What are you doing right now?

President 2017?

President 2017?

Political Questionnaire

Does a girl need someone to love to be happy?

Political Questionnaire

Which is better order or chaos

Latest Videos

Play Online Games