Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

Homeschool or Public/Private School?

Posted By:
Airam
Airam
StarStar
Anyone's invited to this debate, whether you're a homeschooled or you go to a regular, private/public school. I personally am homeschooled and would recommend it to anyone. I'd prefer it over school and yes, I know what a real school is like. I've only been homeschooled for 2 years.
So which do you think is best? Think about safety, education and basically anything general and talk of the pros and cons of either/or!

♥ Airam

Posted By:
Airam
Airam
StarStar

"reccomendation" wrote:

u probably get ham schooled by yo mama!!1!!! LOLOLOLOLOL!!1!!!

Yeah and that's why I'm not like you....I'm better. Get a life and stop getting into other people's lives.

♥ Airam

Posted By:
Lady Peppermint_1990838 Lock
Lady Peppermint_1990838
StarStarStarStar
I've been homeschooled all my life, and I love it.  You have to work a little harder for social interaction, it's true, but it's certainly possible- gymnastics, clubs, Boy/Girl Scouts.  Even with parents who don't have a degree in teaching, I'd be willing to wager that eighty percent of the time the kids will get an education that is either on par with or better than your standard public school- because the parents have a personal interest in their few students. 

But really, I don't think any form of schooling is damaging, so long as the children going to them have good moral character.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Bʏ ʜᴇʀ ᴡʜᴏ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴏɴᴛʜ [Jᴀɴᴜᴀʀʏ] ɪs ʙᴏʀɴ
Nᴏ ɢᴇᴍ sᴀᴠᴇ ɢᴀʀɴᴇᴛs sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴡᴏʀɴ;
Tʜᴇʏ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴇɴsᴜʀᴇ ʜᴇʀ ᴄᴏɴsᴛᴀɴᴄʏ,
Tʀᴜᴇ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅsʜɪᴘ, ᴀɴᴅ ғɪᴅᴇʟɪᴛʏ.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Posted By:
QTpie14
QTpie14
StarStarStarStar

"Lady Peppermint" wrote:

I've been homeschooled all my life, and I love it.  You have to work a little harder for social interaction, it's true, but it's certainly possible- gymnastics, clubs, Boy/Girl Scouts.  Even with parents who don't have a degree in teaching, I'd be willing to wager that eighty percent of the time the kids will get an education that is either on par with or better than your standard public school- because the parents have a personal interest in their few students. 

But really, I don't think any form of schooling is damaging, so long as the children going to them have good moral character.

I couldn't have said it better, except i have only been homeschooled for 3 years, and have seen public schools...

I could walk but I dance, I could talk but I sing, I could smile but I laugh and I could think but I dream.

THIS IS MY SIGGY :P HA HA HA HA

Four a thought in my head I have three things two words five people going ONE DIRECTION....smile

be yourself...never let someone change u!!!

:P making these faces are addicting :P smile Big Grin Frustrated Wink Tongue

Posted By:
IJustThinkItsCool
IJustThinkItsCool
StarStarStar
I honestly think it depends on the sensitivity of the student.

Mentally, we as humans, need daily human interactions.

The loss of human interaction, for example, switching from public schooling to homeschooling, could cause mental conflicts.

Just based on the brain, the body needs contact. Did you know being touched by someone else (like a hug, back rub, so on) improves your mental health?

I am in no way saying someone's a hermit for being home-schooled, but the dramatic switch for some might be problematic. That's where the level of sensitivity comes into the picture.

If a student is more at ease when alone, homeschooling might actually be best. While with an extrovert, they might enjoy public schooling or private schooling as compared to homeschooling.

I believe that safety wise, it's slightly more dangerous to be in public schooling, especially with the recent incident like Sandy Hook Elementary. Public school's sadly have more, derogatory views placed on them. 

You Can't Change Me.

Posted By:
3nutella
3nutella
StarStar
I have always home schooled or cyber schooled (home school).  It works for me.  I don't see why I would rather have early hours and bullies round the clock.  I'm sure that there are plenty who disagree with me.  If that's your opinion, fine.  I'm just saying how I feel.
I'm sure there are those who enjoy public school, and that's fine if it floats your boat.  However, it angers me when competition comes into the picture.  Home schooling takes money away from public schools, so the government cuts cyber schooling funds, threatening the thing I love.  I for one protest to these acts.This information may or may not bias your opinion, but it sickens me.

smile

Posted By:
1999baby Lock
1999baby
StarStarStarStar
I'm awesome I've been to a private school when I was in 3rd grade.i go to public schools other then that!

Prince Royce and Daddy Yankee
Cruise in it.love them 4-ever

If you Know or like Daddy Yankee Add me !if you Don't know or don't like Prince Royce Don't add m e!
Ainthats beautiful Me❤
i Love Red!

Posted By:
danae1444
danae1444
StarStarStar
I think private school is the best cuz u learn a lot more things when ur in a private school

Laugna-Acoma Hawks
2013 New Mexico State Basketball Champions

Posted By:
classicalmusicisepic
classicalmusicisepic
StarStarStarStarStar
I go to a public school. And when I go to secondary next year, It'll be a public girl school.
If I were homeschooled, I wouldn't have any of the friends I have now. They mean a lot to me. And honestly, with all the music lessons and acting lessons and ballet classes I've been to, I've never really had a friend like them. I think, socially, public/private schools are better if you're the social type.

bring me the horizon ♥

Posted By:
Nimsajeay
Nimsajeay
StarStarStarStarStar

"danae1444" wrote:

I think private school is the best cuz u learn a lot more things when ur in a private school

So not true.  I've been homeschooled all my life.  Not only do I learn about math, social studies, etc.  I  also learn what's in our food, things to look out for in shampoo ingredients, and completely not normal things.  And plus, I'm in 4th grade (gonna be in 5th).  I'm doing pre-algebra.  And you learn more in private school?  

All new users please search "Saveyou's unhelpful guide to KW", it will teach you all about what to expect. It should've gotten stickied, if you ask me.

This sentence of my sig is dedicated to Tyco (tycotickles/tycolovesyou), James (HeyThereI'mJames), and the other James (NachozRule) May they always be apart of KW.

← Previous 1 3

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

Should women have higher societal roles?

CHEERS TO A MATE

Which One Should I Pick?

latest videos