Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

Should the death penalty be for every crime?

Posted By:
AlphaT
AlphaT
StarStarStarStarStar

"TearsInTheRain" wrote:

"ps3master" wrote:

"sweetpeadoodaa" wrote:

I don't think that it would be good for a murderer to be out on the streets again but prisons are really good at keeping their criminals and usually if you have commited murder than you are in prison for your entire life.
Prisons give 3 square meals,television, warm beds,and no taxes. Prison isn't punishment. Its paradise.

LOL, Timmy please, losing your freedom and being locked up with people who have committed crimes is far from paradise

Edited to add substance
"Timmy" has a point, you know.

FOOL!

Posted By:
Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez
StarStarStarStarStar

"AlphaT" wrote:

"TearsInTheRain" wrote:

"ps3master" wrote:

"sweetpeadoodaa" wrote:

I don't think that it would be good for a murderer to be out on the streets again but prisons are really good at keeping their criminals and usually if you have commited murder than you are in prison for your entire life.
Prisons give 3 square meals,television, warm beds,and no taxes. Prison isn't punishment. Its paradise.

LOL, Timmy please, losing your freedom and being locked up with people who have committed crimes is far from paradise

Edited to add substance

until he got to the "Prison isn't punishment" part.  

Posted By:
AlphaT
AlphaT
StarStarStarStarStar

"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:

"AlphaT" wrote:

"TearsInTheRain" wrote:

"ps3master" wrote:

"sweetpeadoodaa" wrote:

Edited to add substance

until he got to the "Prison isn't punishment" part.  
  Even there, it depends on the person. If on the inside the big bad thug who doesn't back down from a fight is really a family loving responsible person on the inside, then it works. But some people prefer jail then the real world. Memphis is full of people like that, there's this guy down at the Memphis jail who forged his own records to make the judge rule more time. But prisons should be much more harsh.

FOOL!

Posted By:
-SkittleBaby-
-SkittleBaby-
StarStar
I don't think death is necessary unless the person won't stop at all even when locked away forever.
I think they should be locked away, not killed. Just locked away for good, no chances of coming out.

Posted By:
missy_ballet
missy_ballet
StarStarStarStar
I just don't see why people should pay their taxes for murderers to sit in prison and get three hots, a cot, an education, and a job. With forensics, it can be proven that the person is 100& guilty of murder.
So they should just be given the death penalty since they have no respect for their fellow humans.
And also, most, if not all, the day or night before the criminals that are put to death usually get to see their family, have a meal of their choice, and other things. What about the people that they murdered?
The victims never got any of that!

DANCE
"The body says what words cannot."
-Martha Graham

thanks for reading my post!! please add me!!!!!

Posted By:
-SkittleBaby-
-SkittleBaby-
StarStar
Yes, you are right sorta but still. Think of the criminals family, friends, love ones and all that. They got feelings too. They would be extremely sad and stuff. I don't care if the person killed over 100 people, his family still matters. That's why I say they should be locked in prison for life, and no chance of getting out. I'm not saying they deserve mercy, I'm just saying that one decision could effect other people too

Posted By:
Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez
StarStarStarStarStar
yes, death should be the automatic penalty for all crimes, especially thoughtcrime and jaywalking. 

I'm kidding of course. On a more serious note, I think we should work towards eliminating the death penalty and prisons, or at least changing the prison system. Our current prison system doesn't work, it provides a 'network' for criminals to associate, it doesn't discourage repeat offenses, and to people living in old ghettos and projects, a new prison might not sound so bad. 

I personally think we should replace the majority of prison sentences with community service sentences along with probation/house arrest. Rob a store, steal a car, sell an illicit substance, or 'lightly' assault someone? You now have hundreds to thousands of hours of community service (time would obviously depend on the severity of the crime), and an ankle tracker. 8 hours a day you will now service the community which you hurt from by doing the cheap labor jobs nobody else wants to do for near minimum wage. I think this would discourage repeat offenses, without the moral dilemmas associated with robbing someone of their liberty, personal freedoms, or even right to live. It would also increase the quality of life for criminals, and non-criminals alike. This isn't to say that prison shouldn't be an option for more serious crimes like murder, or more severe cases of assault, but I think we should use prisons a lot less, and that they should be reserved almost exclusively for violent criminals. We have way too many people that are in prison, that could be living semi-normal lives while trying to get back on track to being a productive member of society. 

Posted By:
DZANTO
DZANTO
StarStar
Hell ya, Im talking bout the killing crimes. Cuz they think its funny to go around killing people who aint done nonthin.

EFFECTS OF DZANTO:
No Price.
No Pain.
No Shame

Posted By:
-SkittleBaby-
-SkittleBaby-
StarStar

"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:

yes, death should be the automatic penalty for all crimes, especially thoughtcrime and jaywalking. 

I'm kidding of course. On a more serious note, I think we should work towards eliminating the death penalty and prisons, or at least changing the prison system. Our current prison system doesn't work, it provides a 'network' for criminals to associate, it doesn't discourage repeat offenses, and to people living in old ghettos and projects, a new prison might not sound so bad. 

I personally think we should replace the majority of prison sentences with community service sentences along with probation/house arrest. Rob a store, steal a car, sell an illicit substance, or 'lightly' assault someone? You now have hundreds to thousands of hours of community service (time would obviously depend on the severity of the crime), and an ankle tracker. 8 hours a day you will now service the community which you hurt from by doing the cheap labor jobs nobody else wants to do for near minimum wage. I think this would discourage repeat offenses, without the moral dilemmas associated with robbing someone of their liberty, personal freedoms, or even right to live. It would also increase the quality of life for criminals, and non-criminals alike. This isn't to say that prison shouldn't be an option for more serious crimes like murder, or more severe cases of assault, but I think we should use prisons a lot less, and that they should be reserved almost exclusively for violent criminals. We have way too many people that are in prison, that could be living semi-normal lives while trying to get back on track to being a productive member of society. 

"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:

That's true. I never actually thought of it like that.

Posted By:
Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez
StarStarStarStarStar

"DZANTO" wrote:

Hell ya, Im talking bout the killing crimes. Cuz they think its funny to go around killing people who aint done nonthin.

yeah, let's kill people to show how it's wrong to kill people!

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

_thumb_100x100

We have all played the famous game Sudoku, now play it online with this Classic ...

latest forum posts

awnser the question the person above you asks

YOU PEOPLE ARE M.E.A.N

Words That Start With 'S'

YOU PEOPLE ARE M.E.A.N

This or That??

YOU PEOPLE ARE M.E.A.N