Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

Social comittment

Posted By:
AlphaT
AlphaT
StarStarStarStarStar

"Persona" wrote:

"AlphaT" wrote:

As a person with Autism, my answer is yes. Except for the third one, to that I say both.

Well as someone with autism I assume you think being an introvert is better and more significant, yes? If so, why doesn't that consequently mean that introverts can/are contributing more to society overall. 
I used to, then I got off of my high and mighty throne and started to have a life, and friends. 
And to the second question, I'd say that they are contributing more to society because they don't have to care about that social commitment...and they go onto build  computers and create extraordinary pieces of music and art. 

Social comittment

Posted By:
Persona
Persona
StarStarStar

"Jolly-Rancher206" wrote:

"Persona" wrote:

"Jolly-Rancher206" wrote:

Coming from someone who is anything but a social butterfly, I can attest keeping to yourself all the time IS unhealthy. You don't have to be an extrovert. It's okay to be shy or quiet. It's okay to be reserved, but at some point you have to learn to communicate your feelings and open up. Interacting with others is essential to surviving in the real world.

Well yes, you have to make contact with the world and people at some points in your day. I agree with what you wrote, maybe I was unclear in my inquiry. What I'm asking is whether we should be 'extroverts' or learn to lean to extroversion more? That some type of traits in personality are better accepted by society more than others like being quiet or less social- is my point, and whether that is good ultimately- to have that favoring distinction- or not? 

I don't see a problem with that distinction. Society will always favor robust personalities because they're vocal; they are the ones that will be heard. That doesn't mean extroverts are better than introverts though. It's unique to the Individual. I think that's the way it will always be. Certain personality types will always be favored over others: assertiveness over being weak-spined, things like that. I like this question and I hoped I answered as you would have liked (:

They're favored for nothing then. It's good to be heard, but is what you have to say any good? Should we just value the opinion of someone because he/she is vocal about them? The favoring gives much more support to extroverts voices without any real conviction of their opinions.  
Well I'm glad my questions are interesting enough (: and it's fine I wouldn't want the replies to be according to my liking.  

Social comittment

Posted By:
Persona
Persona
StarStarStar

"AlphaT" wrote:

"Persona" wrote:

"AlphaT" wrote:

As a person with Autism, my answer is yes. Except for the third one, to that I say both.

Well as someone with autism I assume you think being an introvert is better and more significant, yes? If so, why doesn't that consequently mean that introverts can/are contributing more to society overall. 
I used to, then I got off of my high and mighty throne and started to have a life, and friends. 
And to the second question, I'd say that they are contributing more to society because they don't have to care about that social commitment...and they go onto build  computers and create extraordinary pieces of music and art. 

I thought about that as well, introverts facing less social pressure makes them more creative and liberated. 

Social comittment

Posted By:
AlphaT
AlphaT
StarStarStarStarStar
I thought about that as well, introverts facing less social pressure makes them more creative and liberated.
But at what price? Giving the back seat to love, kindness, friendship...all for advancement?

Social comittment

Posted By:
Persona
Persona
StarStarStar

"AlphaT" wrote:

But at what price? Giving the back seat to love, kindness, friendship...all for advancement?

No...anyone can be kind and love and have friends. That doesn't relate with someone being an introvert or an extrovert. 

Social comittment

Posted By:
AlphaT
AlphaT
StarStarStarStarStar

"Persona" wrote:

"AlphaT" wrote:

No...anyone can be kind and love and have friends. That doesn't relate with someone being an introvert or an extrovert. 
It does. It does extremely. Like, seriously. to the extreme that introverts must be introverts to focus more on advancement then social living, yeah it seriously relates. I could be doing some awesome things right now, but at what cost? Not having a life? No. That's not worth it.

Social comittment

Posted By:
Persona
Persona
StarStarStar

"AlphaT" wrote:

"Persona" wrote:

"AlphaT" wrote:

It does. It does extremely. Like, seriously. to the extreme that introverts must be introverts to focus more on advancement then social living, yeah it seriously relates. I could be doing some awesome things right now, but at what cost? Not having a life? No. That's not worth it.

Introverts facing less social pressure means that they don't feel compelled, due to the nature of their character, to socialize with random people more in general. They do have friends that they're close with, but those friends happen to be only a few or even one. They have a small social life that suffice to them. Not interacting or playing the role of the host with every other person doesn't mean you're rude, 'high and mighty' or unable to be kind. 

Social comittment

Posted By:
Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez
StarStarStarStarStar

"Persona" wrote:

Do you think we have an obligation to act a certain way so that we're less alienated and social? Do you think being unsocial or not exhibiting communication with society is unhealthy or a sign of a character defect? Do you think it's an obligation to be more social? or that it's better for your self? 

I think different people need different amounts of social interaction. I do think we have an obligation to try and be cooperative with our fellow humans, that's what society is, right? But, I still think we have a right to alone time, and some people like a lot of alone time. A lot of those people who have less interaction with society end up helping society with their inventions, research, projects, and the likes. 

Some people are very social, they help our society in their own way. Some people aren't very social, and they help just as much.

Social comittment

Posted By:
hugebear
hugebear
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar
I think you should be what your comfortable with and some people is more social than others or less social.  

Everyone should  be how they want to be so long as they arent rude or mean or against the law ect.

from classicalmusicisepic for mesiggy

hugebearkeep calm and hug ted

← Previous 1 2 Next →

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

10/10 joke m8s

Should women have higher societal roles?

LLAMAS ARE ACTUALLY PLANTS

Should women have higher societal roles?

Give me the color of ur Shirt now:)

Give me the color of ur Shirt now:)

latest videos