Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

Bullying-Why It MUST STOP

Posted By:
JanetDoe
JanetDoe
StarStarStarStar
Everyone knows that bullying is terrible, whether they've experienced it or not. It hurts others. But why do so many stand back and watch? Why support it? Why? 
We have seen just so much terrible things happening to kids who are bullied. But the problem is nobody really takes a stand. Well, maybe some will, but never everyone. WWYD(What Would You Do?, the TV show) experimented this. They took a couple of girls to the park, and had them stage an act where 1 girl was bullied and the other girls bullied her. 1 against 4. What they noticed was that most of the people that were walking by but saw the act and stood up to them were women. 
I'm not saying that men aren't bullied, that men generally don't help bullied kids.... I'm saying that, well, the group consisted of girls. Notice this. Now these women that stopped them MAY OR MAY NOT have been bullied in the same circumstances-with a group of girls teaming up and bullying one girl who can't defend herself, or these women might have seen it happen before and had noticed and stood up to those girls because they felt sorry and may have known how the victim felt because of previous experience. The problem in this is that no men really stood up for that girl being bullied. They may not have experienced it themselves as the women standing up had. But that should never mean that they still shouldn't have stood up for her. She was bullied! Why can you not help her? That's what I think is wrong with bullying-the only ones standing up for it are the ones who had it happen to them too. 
Agree or disagree?

"As long as there are tests, there will be prayer in schools."

Posted By:
Matrixhacker
Matrixhacker
StarStarStarStar

"JanetDoe" wrote:

Everyone knows that bullying is terrible, whether they've experienced it or not. It hurts others. But why do so many stand back and watch? Why support it? Why? 

We have seen just so much terrible things happening to kids who are bullied. But the problem is nobody really takes a stand. Well, maybe some will, but never everyone. WWYD(What Would You Do?, the TV show) experimented this. They took a couple of girls to the park, and had them stage an act where 1 girl was bullied and the other girls bullied her. 1 against 4. What they noticed was that most of the people that were walking by but saw the act and stood up to them were women. 

I'm not saying that men aren't bullied, that men generally don't help bullied kids.... I'm saying that, well, the group consisted of girls. Notice this. Now these women that stopped them MAY OR MAY NOT have been bullied in the same circumstances-with a group of girls teaming up and bullying one girl who can't defend herself, or these women might have seen it happen before and had noticed and stood up to those girls because they felt sorry and may have known how the victim felt because of previous experience. The problem in this is that no men really stood up for that girl being bullied. They may not have experienced it themselves as the women standing up had. But that should never mean that they still shouldn't have stood up for her. She was bullied! Why can you not help her? That's what I think is wrong with bullying-the only ones standing up for it are the ones who had it happen to them too. 

Agree or disagree?

Well, it's pretty obvious that bullying is bad, but childhood bullying isn't the problem in many cases. You have to consider the bully's point of view as well. Think about it: if you were raised in a nice family with no problems at all, you'd be all giddy and most likely pretty nice, unless you get spoiled by them. This is my point, bullying is caused by what the bully is succumbed to, like you stated, but there is another thing that is wrong with that little "experiment." I've seen that show, and the bullying setup was obviously staged, there's little doubt about it. Sure, you could say that only women helped, but the men could've just seen right through that sketch of their's and ignored it. Again, you really have to look in specific detail. Not all data is correct.
Here's another thing: the only "support" bullying has ever gotten is corporal punishment based parenting. I've lived through that, and honestly, it wasn't that bad. Strict, and painful if I'm mistaken about something. Yeah, I've been bullied for being immersed in my computer all day programming, but I couldn't care less. The bully's life is obviously much worse than the victim's, seeing as he/she's taking his/her anger out on him/her.
Also, the bystanders that sit back and watch most of the time know that they're helpless in saving the victim. I'm weak, and I could never stand up to someone, so really, they have excuses.

int getRandomNumber() {
return 4; //Chosen by fair number generation
//Guaranteed random
}
01001101 01100001 01110100 01110010 01101001 01111000 01001000 01100001 01100011 01101011 01100101 01110010

In a nutshell

Posted By:
JanetDoe
JanetDoe
StarStarStarStar
Hm. I do agree to that, but there really can't be no one who can't help. There's got to be SOMEONE who could stand up to the bully and not get hurt. Some people just decide not to. And if it's a set-up, and they know it is, that doesn't mean they shouldn't help! They're TESTING people to see if they would stand up to the bully. So okay, they want those people to know that they would not stand up to a real bully, that they would be THAT cruel in real life if that were a real situation? 

"As long as there are tests, there will be prayer in schools."

Posted By:
Texasgirl4ever
Texasgirl4ever
StarStarStarStar
Bullying is horrible it's one of the many reasons why teens commit suicide the bullies make the victim feel like they're nothing and not important, The victim doesn't tell anyone cause they don't think it'll help instead they just decide it would be better to die than live it's so sad Sad Worried Disappointed

Animalgirl4ever and Hunter Hayes Lover4ever

I am a TEXAN and I'm proud to be one

Horses are god's apology for men

I am not a racist but I completely hate Obama

"Don't be afraid to go after what you want to do and what you want to be but don't be afraid to be willing to pay the price"- Lane Frost World Champion Bull Rider 1963-1989 R.I.P

Posted By:
nuhaxx
nuhaxx
Star
In the world, we are meant to explore and enjoy moments of it, but bullying affects millions of us harming us and keeping us from cherishing our lives. I know this because I suffered from bullying in 4th grade and still continue to feel the laughs of knowing that I'm overweight and different.  Superiority does not come from bullying, it comes from niceness and we need to know that . Everyone indeed is different, but that's not an excuse to be laughed at. 

Love yourself and believe in yourself

Posted By:
Baby260
Baby260
StarStarStarStarStar

"nuhaxx" wrote:

In the world, we are meant to explore and enjoy moments of it, but bullying affects millions of us harming us and keeping us from cherishing our lives. I know this because I suffered from bullying in 4th grade and still continue to feel the laughs of knowing that I'm overweight and different.  Superiority does not come from bullying, it comes from niceness and we need to know that . Everyone indeed is different, but that's not an excuse to be laughed at. 

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

Food Contest

What's your typing speed? (WPM)

Taylor Swift or Selena Gomez

Horses

Favorite anime?

coffee or cola

latest videos