Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

Cochlear Implants

Posted By:
peapod1026
peapod1026
StarStar

"Jack Mack" wrote:

"peapod1026" wrote:

"Jack Mack" wrote:

"peapod1026" wrote:

"Jack Mack" wrote:

I've never understood why deaf people get so upset that people just want to hear, and be normal. No one is forcing deaf people to get cochlear implants but if I was disabled and could fix it....I would. 
The are not DISABLE. People have got to see tha they can do everything that we can do. It's just that they cant hear. Watch the show switched at birth
Not being able to hear is a disability... 
No it's not. I are American sign language 2 and my teachers are/where interpreters and they have told us that it is not a disability. 
Okay...so being deaf is not disabling you from hearing? 
Younmight veipiew it as being a duality button them it is who they are and they embrace being Deaf. Yes I am hearing but I have meet some Deaf people and they talk perfectly fine and sign. Without having the implant. 

Cochlear Implants

Posted By:
Jack Mack_1822069 Lock
Jack Mack_1822069
StarStarStarStarStar
That's great for them, but it's still a disability. I'm not saying they're bad people, or that they're more stupid than I am, but if you cannot hear or see or speak or think or anything as well as the average person, you're disabled. 

Cochlear Implants

Posted By:
Sign Lover
Sign Lover
StarStar
That's not true Frustrated

Sign Lover
I luv my peeps!

Cochlear Implants

Posted By:
Sign Lover
Sign Lover
StarStar

"peapod1026" wrote:

It's what you think best. But my American sign language teacher told me is that thenDeaf community frowns apoun people getting them. Deaf people can speak: with their mouth but they normally don't, and with their hands. American sign language is a great language and it's really cool. the reason why the community frowns apoun it is because they don't have a big population of deaf people and if everyone went out and got Cochlear implants then the language would soon be a dead language. FYI: there is a difference between deaf and Deaf. Deaf means you are using the language and you consider yourself to be part of the Deaf community. deaf is where you just can't hear, youndontbsign that much or anything like that.
I totally agree smile

Sign Lover
I luv my peeps!

Cochlear Implants

Posted By:
MikhailTal Lock
MikhailTal
StarStarStarStar

"peapod1026" wrote:

"Jack Mack" wrote:

I've never understood why deaf people get so upset that people just want to hear, and be normal. No one is forcing deaf people to get cochlear implants but if I was disabled and could fix it....I would. 
The are not DISABLE. People have got to see tha they can do everything that we can do. It's just that they cant hear. Watch the show switched at birth
Yeah, no. It's a disability. If they're too disabled to hear, they're not really doing everything a normal abled-bodied person can do.

Cochlear Implants

Posted By:
Sign Lover
Sign Lover
StarStar
THAT IS SO NOT TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Annoyed Angry

Sign Lover
I luv my peeps!

Cochlear Implants

Posted By:
__lnl_
__lnl_
Star
While that were on the topic of them i have to tell that people who are fortunate enough to have one of truly blessed i have a brother and a sister that were both billaterally profound deaf sooo the cochlear implant is a true gift from heaven they actually both been in school for the implant since they were 13 months and they hear talk read and write like normal people.the cochlear implant is not harmfull to anyone your under proper amnesia and the doctor is very kind i recommend Dr.Clairy a proffesional surgeon to any one thinking of getting the surgey done

#Too much drama i aint about it but if you start it imma FINISH it so watch out because im armed and loaded get ready for this explosion Twerk_Savage_Shay

Cochlear Implants

Posted By:
Sign Lover
Sign Lover
StarStar
If you are in the middle of debating about this in real life, here are a couple movies you might be interested in; Sound and Fury and Sweet Nothing in my Ear.

Sign Lover
I luv my peeps!

Cochlear Implants

Posted By:
__lnl_
__lnl_
Star
uhmm i hope yu aint talkin tooo mee luhh guhhh cause i dont kno u and i aint yo frienddd

#Too much drama i aint about it but if you start it imma FINISH it so watch out because im armed and loaded get ready for this explosion Twerk_Savage_Shay

Cochlear Implants

Posted By:
Sign Lover
Sign Lover
StarStar

"Twerk_Savage_Shay" wrote:

uhmm i hope yu aint talkin tooo mee luhh guhhh cause i dont kno u and i aint yo frienddd
No I'm just saying it to everyone. Annoyed Big Frown

Sign Lover
I luv my peeps!

1 3 Next →

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

What would be ur 11:11 wish tonight?

What would be ur 11:11 wish tonight?

Wander Over Yonder

The Cutest Names For Kittens

The Cutest Names For Kittens

Pokemon

latest videos