Kw-logo-holiday

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

Why do people judge others they hardly know?

Posted By:
AinsleyXOXO
AinsleyXOXO
StarStarStarStar
People these days always stereotype people they hardly know during the high and middle school years. Like for example, when you wear black all over with dark makeup people just call you emo. AND THEY DON'T KNOW YOU YET! Want more? Thick glasses, straight As, yep, you guessed it, a stereotypical "geek". People these days need to stop calling people they don't know "emo", "prep", "weirdo", "wimp", "freak", and "geek"! It might offend them in some way. Imagine YOU getting called "freak" or "nerd". Or even profanity words that I will not name! Those profanity words hurt people worst of all. Some people get hurt by people telling them "No one likes you, *insert profanity word here*. You are just worthless and a freak. Why would anyone like you?". It's just plain wrong! Sure, you have great taste but that loner across the street doesn't. That doesn't mean that NO ONE likes him/her! Want more hurtful words that other people say sometimes? Here:

Bully wrote:

"You are just an ugly freak that has no life. You don't deserve to *insert some achivement*."

Snobby Bully wrote:

"Who wants to hang out with a useless ugly freak like you? You have no talent at all."

Jock Bully wrote:

"Why would I like you? You are a useless ugly loser."
Victims sometimes had enough on bullying and they go and do self harm. A great number of victims do that everyday. Please stop increasing that number. It's getting us sick.

Hai! I'm Ainsley. I'm a girl-tomboy-directioner-craycray-cool-nerdy-funny person. Need anything? Visit my profile!

A classic remedy for drama. #11
\ HAPPY FREAKIN' NEW YEAR!!!!!
I'm back Amazayns!
Keep calm and eat your cake!!!
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. NO JOKE.

Posted By:
harley001
harley001
StarStarStarStarStar
Becuz ppl don't care about ppls feelings which is wrong

Hey its Liz smile

Hiya its patty

Pumpkin pumpkin cannon its Blair
Add us

Posted By:
ImSoOld
ImSoOld
StarStarStarStarStar
Really, people stereotype everyone. it's not a bad thing- it's how our brains are programmed. It's a survival thing, really. there's nothing wrong with that (though it is important not to act upon it unless you've got a darn good reason) It's more noticable in teens thank to a number of factors.  Interest in establishing/changing rules,  pushing boundaries, ever changing sense of self/ experimenting with identity, self esteem issues. (all perfectly normal things) they all kind of clash together. Those who see themselves as strong leaders/rule makers naturally want to make those who push the boundaries conform to what they see as "right", those with low self esteem cover up by lashing out at those who have already been picked on, or start it off by picking on someone with a strong sense of self. really it's all natural. and I think bullying will be a part of our lives forever- specially in teenage years. but that said, it so easily getting out of control is definitely not ok- specially with cyber bullying (you have time to think before you hit enter/the post button)  It getting over the top needs to stop, really. It stays with someone the rest of their lives.

I'm sarcastic a lot. If I offended you I probably didn't mean to. Probably.

Posted By:
Directioner2165
Directioner2165
StarStarStarStar
People bully because they are lower then you. They have a low self esteem and think its OK to be mean and they think its so hilarious. Like the plastics in mean girls - they have flaws, but their too concieted and think that everyone else is a loser because they arent 'as amazing' as they are. They want to bring you down so they can feel better and have 'more power' over you. Bullies are low lifers who have nothing better to do then judge you. And chances are, they're just jealous because you are a reflection of what they wish to be. If you get bullied anymore, tell them its against the law to bully and you can get in so much trouble, and double the trouble if its cyberbullying. Dont be afraid to report or call someone to take care of it. Everyone has talents. No one is usless, ugly and a freak.

ILYYYY

I love youuuuusmilesmilesmile

Posted By:
Alexithymia_1396133 Lock
Alexithymia_1396133
StarStarStarStarStar

"ImSoOld" wrote:

Really, people stereotype everyone. it's not a bad thing- it's how our brains are programmed. It's a survival thing, really. there's nothing wrong with that (though it is important not to act upon it unless you've got a darn good reason) It's more noticable in teens thank to a number of factors. Interest in establishing/changing rules, pushing boundaries, ever changing sense of self/ experimenting with identity, self esteem issues. (all perfectly normal things) they all kind of clash together. Those who see themselves as strong leaders/rule makers naturally want to make those who push the boundaries conform to what they see as "right", those with low self esteem cover up by lashing out at those who have already been picked on, or start it off by picking on someone with a strong sense of self. really it's all natural. and I think bullying will be a part of our lives forever- specially in teenage years. but that said, it so easily getting out of control is definitely not ok- specially with cyber bullying (you have time to think before you hit enter/the post button) It getting over the top needs to stop, really. It stays with someone the rest of their lives.
I disagree with stereotypes not being harmful. I think they are because, whether they realize it or not, a person's beliefs shape their actions.

"A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in." -Greek proverb

Because of school, I don't have much time to be on KW atm.

Posted By:
Classic_wonder
Classic_wonder
StarStarStarStar
It's just what people do, and I've learned to accept that fact. Yes, it's not fun, but it's just part of human nature. The human brain automatically categorizes and associates things with others, bullying and judgement will always exist. We are not perfect.

"All this time, I thought I had been learning to live, when I have been learning to die."

Posted By:
Gabbagabba
Gabbagabba
StarStarStarStar
i hate to think that i do it, but ido. dont say that u hav never said anything about anyone, because u now u have. and i regret when i do. and i hate that people do it without a thought

Yesterday was history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift,
That is why it is called the Present

Posted By:
ImSoOld
ImSoOld
StarStarStarStarStar

"Alexithymia" wrote:

"ImSoOld" wrote:

Really, people stereotype everyone. it's not a bad thing- it's how our brains are programmed. It's a survival thing, really. there's nothing wrong with that (though it is important not to act upon it unless you've got a darn good reason) It's more noticable in teens thank to a number of factors. Interest in establishing/changing rules, pushing boundaries, ever changing sense of self/ experimenting with identity, self esteem issues. (all perfectly normal things) they all kind of clash together. Those who see themselves as strong leaders/rule makers naturally want to make those who push the boundaries conform to what they see as "right", those with low self esteem cover up by lashing out at those who have already been picked on, or start it off by picking on someone with a strong sense of self. really it's all natural. and I think bullying will be a part of our lives forever- specially in teenage years. but that said, it so easily getting out of control is definitely not ok- specially with cyber bullying (you have time to think before you hit enter/the post button) It getting over the top needs to stop, really. It stays with someone the rest of their lives.
I disagree with stereotypes not being harmful. I think they are because, whether they realize it or not, a person's beliefs shape their actions.
I never said it wasn't harmful. just that it's totally natural and there's nothing essentially wrong with it. (not that it's really "right" most of the time either, it's more just there)

I'm sarcastic a lot. If I offended you I probably didn't mean to. Probably.

Posted By:
-BeingMe-
-BeingMe-
StarStarStarStar
It's human nature.

Posted By:
xXxHoneyBearxXx Lock
xXxHoneyBearxXx
StarStarStarStar
Because they're either envious for something that we have that they don't, or just simply pick on people to make themselves feel better.

"Character is like a tree and reputation is like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing."
-Abraham Lincoln

← Previous 1 3

play online games

Hour-of-code-tumb

Codey the troll is lost! Help him avoid obstacles and get back into the computer...

Candy-quest-feature

Your troll is lost! Help it avoid obstacles and get back into the computer.

Fo...

Dragon-dash

Your dragon must return to guard the treasure! Help it gather lost coins and avo...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properties to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be r...

1005_cc_kidz_100x100_vlh

Candy's got her candies into a terrible mess, can you help her to sort them out?

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

_thumb_100x100

Bloons 2 is here! A worthy and awesome sequel at last to our original Bloons gam...

Frostbox_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

The Related Game!

My brother is a total jerk

Which color of Lip Stick do you prefer?

Thinking Which Cartoon Character Are You? ...

latest videos