Back left
Back right

Should Christians read Harry Potter?

Celebs cartoon
Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
Should religious people like Catholics, Christians, and jews read books like Harry Potter, Twilight, etc.? 
My friend was never allowed to read Harry Potter, Twilight etc., because her mother (who's a strict Christian) forbade her not to, because she thought HP was promoting Witchcraft and Twilight was promoting demons (vampires.)
What are your views on this issue? I remember there was news in America I think, they were trying to ban HP because of religion; and a lot of children are not allowed to read fantasy novels because of their overly religious parents. It's an issue. 
What do you think? Should they be allowed to read fantasy novels with wizards/witches, vampires, etc.? 

I had a cousin who wasn't allowed to watch Wizards of Waverly Place, Harry Potter, Twilight, Vampire Diaries, and even Disney ghost movies (Halloweentown) because her mother was overly religious. 

Dumbledore.

Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
As long as it does not effect what you believe, I don't see why not.

Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
If you're actually afraid of magic and monsters in your closet, then you are an imbecilic fool with the IQ of a wretched medieval peasant.

And now for something completely different.

Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
well, I'm a Christian.. but I watch Harry Potter whenever I like.. It depends on the person...

Eunji♥
Eunji♥

Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
I don't see anything wrong with it. I'm a good Catholic yet I still read Harry potter books. Im on the 3rd one! LOL

Tom
Musician, Dancer, and an Aspiring Paramedic.

Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
It is just a book... Not some Satanic scripture that will grab your soul.

Sincerely,

Saveyou the Fantasy Lover

Quotes!
SPOILER

Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
That's ridiculous.
It's a book. It's fictional, and completely surreal. No person I have ever met who has read Harry Potter believes it. It's not meant to offend any religions whatsoever. It supports imagination.

Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"Crimson Commune" wrote:

If you're actually afraid of magic and monsters in your closet, then you are an imbecilic fool with the IQ of a wretched medieval peasant.
Or you could just be a normal kid afraid of the dark.

Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
lol nope

Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"classicalmusicisepic" wrote:

That's ridiculous.

It's a book. It's fictional, and completely surreal. No person I have ever met who has read Harry Potter believes it. It's not meant to offend any religions whatsoever. It supports imagination.

Actually, a lot of people want to ban Harry Potter because they believe it promotes witchcraft to children. 

Dumbledore.

News Feed

To view your full News Feed please Login using your Username and Password or Register with Kidzworld!

Forum Activity