Back left
Back right

Are things like church really necessary?

Celebs cartoon
Posted almost 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Posts: 13337

I don't think church is necessary because these people are praying and "talking" to something/someone that probably doesn't exist. On the little chance that God is real, he certainly isn't answering anyone. But people are most likely talking to thin air, believing in a nothing. I'm sure even the religious people are aware that their God might not exist. 

Why should their be churches?

ur mem


Posted almost 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
Well......churches are where you go mostly to worship God.
Though it is not required that you attend one, it is beneficial in your Walk with God.
Churches have had a major impact on The World itself, not to mention they do a lot of good, and the fact that Christian churches which are right do the Will of God. So, they are very important.


Posted almost 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
WE believe God is there, and so we go to church to be closer to him. And because we believe we have been commanded to do it.

So yes, I believe church is necessary. But it's fine for others to disagree.

what a cutie pie


Posted almost 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
According to the Bible, church is necessary. 


Posted almost 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"-Mockingjay." wrote:

WE believe God is there, and so we go to church to be closer to him. And because we believe we have been commanded to do it.


So yes, I believe church is necessary. But it's fine for others to disagree.

Well...its not commanded.


Posted almost 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"AlphaT" wrote:



"-Mockingjay." wrote:


WE believe God is there, and so we go to church to be closer to him. And because we believe we have been commanded to do it.



So yes, I believe church is necessary. But it's fine for others to disagree.

Well...its not commanded.



The Third Commandment says; Thou shalt keep the Sabbath day holy. My religion teaches that part of that means going to church.

 

what a cutie pie


Posted almost 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"-Mockingjay." wrote:



"AlphaT" wrote:






"-Mockingjay." wrote:




WE believe God is there, and so we go to church to be closer to him. And because we believe we have been commanded to do it.




So yes, I believe church is necessary. But it's fine for others to disagree.

Well...its not commanded.
 


The Third Commandment says; Thou shalt keep the Sabbath day holy. My religion teaches that part of that means going to church.

 
No, let me explain. On the Sabbath Day, God Rested. This is symbolic, meaning we should rest in the Lord. That means doing anything from missions, to worship, to listening to Christian music, Church too, and even things like Reading your Bible, Bible Studies, or prayer.


Posted almost 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Junior Mod
Member since:
October 2010
Posts: 12689

For those of us who actually have a religion yes.

Someone once told me not to bite off more than I can chew. I told them I'd rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity.


Posted almost 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"AlphaT" wrote:



"-Mockingjay." wrote:






"AlphaT" wrote:









"-Mockingjay." wrote:






WE believe God is there, and so we go to church to be closer to him. And because we believe we have been commanded to do it.





So yes, I believe church is necessary. But it's fine for others to disagree.

Well...its not commanded.
 


The Third Commandment says; Thou shalt keep the Sabbath day holy. My religion teaches that part of that means going to church.

 
No, let me explain. On the Sabbath Day, God Rested. This is symbolic, meaning we should rest in the Lord. That means doing anything from missions, to worship, to listening to Christian music, Church too, and even things like Reading your Bible, Bible Studies, or prayer.


That's what you believe. I, personally, believe that it means setting aside an hour or so of your day, to go worship in a church. It also means that we shouldn't work (jobs, I mean, unless absolutely necessary), or do any kind of hard manual labor. 

what a cutie pie


Posted almost 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock


"-Mockingjay." wrote:






"AlphaT" wrote:









"-Mockingjay." wrote:












"AlphaT" wrote:















"-Mockingjay." wrote:










WE believe God is there, and so we go to church to be closer to him. And because we believe we have been commanded to do it.







So yes, I believe church is necessary. But it's fine for others to disagree.

Well...its not commanded.
 


The Third Commandment says; Thou shalt keep the Sabbath day holy. My religion teaches that part of that means going to church.

 
No, let me explain. On the Sabbath Day, God Rested. This is symbolic, meaning we should rest in the Lord. That means doing anything from missions, to worship, to listening to Christian music, Church too, and even things like Reading your Bible, Bible Studies, or prayer.


That's what you believe. I, personally, believe that it means setting aside an hour or so of your day, to go worship in a church. It also means that we shouldn't work (jobs, I mean, unless absolutely necessary), or do any kind of hard manual labor. 
I respect your beliefs. But even Jesus said you can work on the Sabbath. Also, worship can be done anywhere.


News Feed

To view your full News Feed please Login using your Username and Password or Register with Kidzworld!

Forum Activity