the denial :-)

i am neurotic and totally illogical

Posted over 4 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef

"HunterHayesLover97" wrote:

"Jolly-Rancher206" wrote:

Hello. I'm not Mormon, but I'd like to know how Mormon's think one obtains salvation. What does Mormonism say a person should do to go to Heaven? And I know there's the Book of Mormon and Pearl of Great Price, but you believe the Bible as well, correct?

We believe that the Bible is true so long as it is translated correctly because there are many different interpretations out there. We believe that one obtains salvation by the way they live their lives but also if they accept God in the next life. There are three places we believe we will be after we are all resurrected and part of that is decided on the things we did in our earth life. We also do baptisms and other covenants for the dead so that they have those done and all they have to do is accept it. They don't have to accept it, but they can.

I really like that Mormonism puts lots of emphais on family and evangelism. The Church also does a lot of charity work, but their view of salvation isn't Biblical.  The Celestial Kingdom? Baptism of the dead? Satan/Jesus spirit brothers? The Bible says we're saved by grace through faith, not of works. It's not about living a good life, since no one can live up to God's standard: perfection. We've all broken his law. Christ lived a perfect life and died to take the punishment we deserve. It's about relying on God's goodness that he freely gives salvation to those who trust in him, not our own goodness. That's the Gospel. What's your opinion on that?

Posted over 4 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef

"HunterHayesLover97" wrote:

Hello. I'm not Mormon, but I'd like to know how Mormon's think one obtains salvation. What does Mormonism say a person should do to go to Heaven? And I know there's the Book of Mormon and Pearl of Great Price, but you believe the Bible as well, correct?

We believe that the Bible is true so long as it is translated correctly because there are many different interpretations out there. We believe that one obtains salvation by the way they live their lives but also if they accept God in the next life. There are three places we believe we will be after we are all resurrected and part of that is decided on the things we did in our earth life. We also do baptisms and other covenants for the dead so that they have those done and all they have to do is accept it. They don't have to accept it, but they can.

I really like that Mormonism puts lots of emphais on family and evangelism. The Church also does a lot of charity work, but their view of salvation isn't Biblical.  The Celestial Kingdom? Baptism of the dead? Satan/Jesus spirit brothers? The Bible says we're saved by grace through faith, not of works. It's not about living a good life, since no one can live up to God's standard: perfection. We've all broken his law. Christ lived a perfect life and died to take the punishment we deserve. It's about relying on God's goodness that he freely gives salvation to those who trust in him, not our own goodness. That's the Gospel. What's your opinion on that?

We are held accountable for our actions if we know of our heavenly father. Through the atonement on Earth you can repent, wiping your slate clean. THAT is the grace. We can apologize and reconcile for our mistakes and the atonement of christ is like our mediator. You will be judged for works that you openly do rebelling against god.  

----------HunterHayesLover97----------

News Feed

To view your full News Feed please Login using your Username and Password or Register with Kidzworld!

Forum Activity

Sillyvision next Generation... in General Roleplays posted by Tord_Trash
Sillyvision next Generation... in General Roleplays posted by Shadeleaf
Favourite Gaming YouTube Ch... in Forum Games posted by catsarecute334
♥A Miraculous Child♥ ATJ ♥... in General Roleplays posted by gpc78
Are You Like Lady Gaga? in Celebs posted by aasih
Home For the Strange ( for ... in Private Roleplay posted by ThisNameWasStolen
Role play anyone? Open one ... in General Roleplays posted by Carters
Would u date the person abo... in Random posted by dragongirl555
♥A Miraculous Child♥ ATJ ♥... in General Roleplays posted by aasih
type whatever comes 2 your ... in Forum Games posted by Abbergrl
Fragments [Violet] | [Uni, ... in Private Roleplay posted by Phantom_Queen
Fragments [INDIGO LEAGUE!] ... in Private Roleplay posted by SnowflakeAngelKitten
Favourite Gaming YouTube Ch... in Forum Games posted by Shysenpai133
what do you want to be when... in Current Events posted by ajcj
what do you want to be when... in Current Events posted by ajcj
NORTH KOREA!!! in Current Events posted by ajcj
New Real Time Private Messa... in New Features on KW posted by ajcj
New site layout this week! in New Features on KW posted by slurpie3
New site layout this week! in New Features on KW posted by James
New site layout this week! in New Features on KW posted by SnowflakeAngelKitten
why are girls so girly in Debating posted by simran88