Back left
Back right
Posted almost 2 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

In addition, if God had a place to sit or stand on, it would mean, by extension, that He is limited and confined to a particular place in which case He is not infinite and immeasurable. God's being restricted to a place is not consistent with His infiniteness.[6]Imam Kazem (a.s.) says: "Truly, God, the Exalted, always existed without time and space and He exists now in the same manner. There is no place devoid of Him yet He has not occupied any space nor has He incarnated on any place."[7]

Someone asked Imam Ali (a.s.): "Where was the Lord before He created the heavens and the earth?"

He replied: "'Where' is a question about space; God existed when no space existed."[8]

On the other hand, God is needless of others and of the worlds. All possible beings are in need of Him. If God is supposed to have a place, He will need a place for His existence in which case He will not be a necessary and needless being. In fact, he will be in need of a place in the same way as the humans need a place to exist.

Imam Ali (a.s) met a Jewish scholar and said, "I know what you have asked about and did not get an answer for. We say that God, the Mighty and High, is the whereness of whereness, there is no where for Him. He avoids any place containing Him while He is in every place, without contact with anything and without being next to anything. He encompasses knowledge of what is there and nothing of it is outside His provenance. I am telling you about what is written in one of your books which attests the truth of what I have told you. If you know it, do you believe in it?"

"Yes," replied the Jew.

He said: "Didn't you find in one of your books that Moses, the son of 'Imran, peace be on him, was sitting down one day when an angel came to him from the East. Moses asked him: 'From where have you come?' It answered: 'From God, the Mighty and High.' Then an angel came to him from the West. He asked: 'From where have you come?' It answered: 'From God, the Mighty and High.' Then another angel came to him and said: 'I have come to you from the Seventh Heaven, from (being with) God, the Mighty and High.' Another angel came to him and said: 'I have come to you from the Seventh Firmament, from (being with) God, the Mighty and High.' Then Moses said: 'May God be praised, no place is without Him and He is not nearer to one place than another.'"[9]

Posted almost 2 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

There are also some answers in holy quran, if you are interested , it would be my pleasure to provide you with them.

News Feed

To view your full News Feed please Login using your Username and Password or Register with Kidzworld!

Forum Activity