x

Meet New Friends!

Recommended friends are based on your interests. Make sure they are up to date.

Friends ff8c072dd79a91c1300f032d674241a8d64367100ffb1f25fa3f9bec4a05319f
Kidzworld Logo

Politics and Religion

Is Religion Child Abuse?

Posted By:
-Allie- Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
-Allie-
Member since:
August 2008
Status:
Offline

Posts: 7279
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago
I'm dying at people's lack of the basic concept of sarcasm here. LOL thanks.

Potato

I Support Equal Rights  


Posted By:
kd1229 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
kd1229
Member since:
July 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 137
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago
Don't think she understands his sarcasm....... 


Posted By:
pickledegg_1394920 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
pickledegg_1394920
Member since:
December 2009
Status:
Offline

Posts: 324
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"Lovino_V" wrote:

What? this is way out there.....


Maybe abusive isn't the right word. The question I'm trying to state is "is it right for parents to push their religion into the minds of their children?" 

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe."---Carl Sagan

Correct me if I'm wrong...because I'm wrong a lot!


Posted By:
pickledegg_1394920 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
pickledegg_1394920
Member since:
December 2009
Status:
Offline

Posts: 324
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"zak514" wrote:

In my opinion, yes. In fact, I am forced to live a lie as being in a religious family, whilst I myself, have no religion and am proud of it as well. Another thing is that religion only pulls people back, it allows them no way to advance whatsoever.


Well that must be an uncomfortable way to live.

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe."---Carl Sagan

Correct me if I'm wrong...because I'm wrong a lot!


Posted By:
Blind Faith
Blind Faith
Member since:
October 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 2468
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago
That's a stupid question.

Jeffery and Darrel


Posted By:
pickledegg_1394920 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
pickledegg_1394920
Member since:
December 2009
Status:
Offline

Posts: 324
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"KKis#4" wrote:

i dont think that religion is child abuse. i am mormon! (LDS) we go to church learn about what is right. there might be some fights about religion, but it isnt child abuse. -KKis#4


You say "learn about what is rightRight! You (hopefully) have chosen to be a Mormon. But there's also a chance that you've grown up being one, and you haven't had a choice to change. That your parents have made you follow the Book of Mormon, to go to church and worship God. I'm not saying that's what's happened, but it happens to people all the time. Parents don't respect a child's healthy desire for knowledge, but instead brand them with a religion and mold and shape them until they're the model child of their church.

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe."---Carl Sagan

Correct me if I'm wrong...because I'm wrong a lot!


Posted By:
pickledegg_1394920 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
pickledegg_1394920
Member since:
December 2009
Status:
Offline

Posts: 324
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"Blind Faith" wrote:

That's a stupid question.


Did you read anything other than the title?

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe."---Carl Sagan

Correct me if I'm wrong...because I'm wrong a lot!


Posted By:
pickledegg_1394920 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
pickledegg_1394920
Member since:
December 2009
Status:
Offline

Posts: 324
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"lottie01" wrote:

no i really dont think its a childs abuse we lean what right in our plac of worship 


And who takes you to this place of worship? Your parents. Parents put faith in their children from a very early age, and sometimes that's all they'll ever know. They learn that whatever they hear in their place of worship, like you said, is right.

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe."---Carl Sagan

Correct me if I'm wrong...because I'm wrong a lot!


Posted By:
pickledegg_1394920 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
pickledegg_1394920
Member since:
December 2009
Status:
Offline

Posts: 324
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"Storm1232" wrote:

"pickledegg" wrote:

Do you think it's right for parents to force their religion upon their children? Is there a line between Sunday morning church assemblies and an unhealthy obsession with god? I'm not talking about parents dressing their children up in their Sunday best and dragging them to church even though the kid would rather stay at home. I'm asking whether or not it's right and healthy to bring your kids up in a close-minded religious home without allowing them room to ask questions.
..wow.. thats actually pretty good..It makes perfect sense and is completely unbiased...wow...


Hardy har har.

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe."---Carl Sagan

Correct me if I'm wrong...because I'm wrong a lot!


Posted By:
Angelicbeauty12
Angelicbeauty12
Member since:
November 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 269
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"pickledegg" wrote:

Do you think it's right for parents to force their religion upon their children? Is there a line between Sunday morning church assemblies and an unhealthy obsession with god? I'm not talking about parents dressing their children up in their Sunday best and dragging them to church even though the kid would rather stay at home. I'm asking whether or not it's right and healthy to bring your kids up in a somewhat narrow-minded religious home without allowing them room to ask questions. Not whether or not taking them to church is abusive.


I don't think its right! If they are abusively taking you to a Sunday school then its not rite. I hate going to Sunday school too! That's because my teacher is very abusive.....I hate it! I tried telling it to my mom....she never listens to me! She yells for no reason and goes on about things which are gross and disgusting to hear about!

Hey I am Beverly.....And I support Taylor Swift!!!
Add me+ wuv ya!

I WUV YA TAYLOR xD


Latest Forum Posts

Abusive, babysitting grandma

why do girls care about looks

Why Is My Life So Complicated?

Welp

My Diary- Property of _Tomgirl9

Welp

Type The First Word That You Think Of!

Type The First Word That You Think Of!

taylor swift or selena gomez?

Why Is My Life So Complicated?

Latest Videos

Play Online Games