x

Meet New Friends!

Recommended friends are based on your interests. Make sure they are up to date.

Friends ff8c072dd79a91c1300f032d674241a8d64367100ffb1f25fa3f9bec4a05319f
Kidzworld Logo

Politics and Religion

Debating the Christians

Posted By:
Lady Peppermint_1990838 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Lady Peppermint_1990838
Member since:
January 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 819
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted almost 5 years ago
(This is mostly directed at atheists, but as always, anyone is welcome.) I am a Christian myself.  I believe in God, yada yada.  I enjoy coming here to watch the debates, and sometimes inject something of my own. But I never feel the need to try and convert someone.  I don't look at one of you brilliant atheists out there and think, "OMG THIS PERSON IS GOING TO HELL!!! MUST SAVE THEM!!!" Really, when you think about it, that's what the Christians are trying to do.  They're trying to save you, because they personally believe that you're not going to heaven if you don't believe in God.  It's, broadly speaking, a nice thing on their part.  Even though it's incredibly annoying to you. So why are you, the atheists out there, so bent on "converting" them to atheism?  A lot of them, and you know this, haven't really been taught to think for themselves, yet you go in there and try to strip down their beliefs.  If they're happy with what they believe, why not leave them alone?  This is not an accusation, I promise.  I'm just curious as to why so many atheists love coming here and creating more topics about why God does not, in fact, exist.  I'd love to hear your reasons and thoughts, because we rarely hear it from your point of view.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Bʏ ʜᴇʀ ᴡʜᴏ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴏɴᴛʜ [Jᴀɴᴜᴀʀʏ] ɪs ʙᴏʀɴ
Nᴏ ɢᴇᴍ sᴀᴠᴇ ɢᴀʀɴᴇᴛs sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴡᴏʀɴ;
Tʜᴇʏ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴇɴsᴜʀᴇ ʜᴇʀ ᴄᴏɴsᴛᴀɴᴄʏ,
Tʀᴜᴇ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅsʜɪᴘ, ᴀɴᴅ ғɪᴅᴇʟɪᴛʏ.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬


Posted By:
MikhailTal Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
MikhailTal
Member since:
April 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 443
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted almost 5 years ago
Because atheists view themselves as more rational, due to not having faith (belief despite no / contradictory evidence) Being rational is generally something worth striving for.


Posted By:
-Allie- Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
-Allie-
Member since:
August 2008
Status:
Offline

Posts: 7276
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted almost 5 years ago

"Lady Peppermint" wrote:

But I never feel the need to try and convert someone. I don't look at one of you brilliant atheists out there and think, "OMG THIS PERSON IS GOING TO HELL!!! MUST SAVE THEM!!!" Really, when you think about it, that's what the Christians are trying to do. They're trying to save you, because they personally believe that you're not going to heaven if you don't believe in God. It's, broadly speaking, a nice thing on their part. Even though it's incredibly annoying to you.
It goes both ways. And when atheist make posts like this, they are told its in the bible to shout it out from the bible to save them. That's literally the defense. Atheist don't have one to fall on. Most every atheist I've met, is more well versed on the bible than most Christians as they have done their homework and decided that's what's right for them. Its especially insulting when this is the reality. I'm not either, but I just wish both sides would live and let live. 

Potato

I Support Equal Rights  


Posted By:
emochickhotty
emochickhotty
Member since:
June 2011
Status:
Offline

Posts: 21
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted almost 5 years ago
to mee every one should be a chritsan to me its a part of life

i love girls


Posted By:
Teh_Skittlez_1249024 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Teh_Skittlez_1249024
Member since:
April 2009
Status:
Offline

Posts: 13978
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted almost 5 years ago

"Lady Peppermint" wrote:

(This is mostly directed at atheists, but as always, anyone is welcome.) I am a Christian myself.  I believe in God, yada yada.  I enjoy coming here to watch the debates, and sometimes inject something of my own. But I never feel the need to try and convert someone.  I don't look at one of you brilliant atheists out there and think, "OMG THIS PERSON IS GOING TO HELL!!! MUST SAVE THEM!!!" Really, when you think about it, that's what the Christians are trying to do.  They're trying to save you, because they personally believe that you're not going to heaven if you don't believe in God.  It's, broadly speaking, a nice thing on their part.  Even though it's incredibly annoying to you. So why are you, the atheists out there, so bent on "converting" them to atheism?  A lot of them, and you know this, haven't really been taught to think for themselves, yet you go in there and try to strip down their beliefs.  If they're happy with what they believe, why not leave them alone?  This is not an accusation, I promise.  I'm just curious as to why so many atheists love coming here and creating more topics about why God does not, in fact, exist.  I'd love to hear your reasons and thoughts, because we rarely hear it from your point of view.
Because, becoming an atheist is a change that made a really positive impact on my life. 

Posted By:
Sage_kittycat
Sage_kittycat
Member since:
July 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 6827
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted almost 5 years ago
There are annoying Atheists, just like there are annoying Christians. I, for one, respect other people's views and don't try to convert them to whatever I believe. Like, when people say they'll pray for me or "God bless you," I don't freak out because that's what they believe and they're just being nice. But when someone tells me I'm going to "Hell" because I'm not Christian, that is going WAY overboard, and I tend to lost my temper a bit. *blush* But other than that I think converting people is STUPID, and these people give Christians and Atheists a very bad name.


Posted By:
Lady Peppermint_1990838 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Lady Peppermint_1990838
Member since:
January 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 819
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted almost 5 years ago

"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:

Because, becoming an atheist is a change that made a really positive impact on my life. 
How so?  Feel like telling me about it?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Bʏ ʜᴇʀ ᴡʜᴏ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴏɴᴛʜ [Jᴀɴᴜᴀʀʏ] ɪs ʙᴏʀɴ
Nᴏ ɢᴇᴍ sᴀᴠᴇ ɢᴀʀɴᴇᴛs sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴡᴏʀɴ;
Tʜᴇʏ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴇɴsᴜʀᴇ ʜᴇʀ ᴄᴏɴsᴛᴀɴᴄʏ,
Tʀᴜᴇ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅsʜɪᴘ, ᴀɴᴅ ғɪᴅᴇʟɪᴛʏ.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬


Posted By:
Authoritarian Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Authoritarian
Member since:
January 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 1074
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted almost 5 years ago

"Lady Peppermint" wrote:

Really, when you think about it, that's what the Christians are trying to do.  They're trying to save you, because they personally believe that you're not going to heaven if you don't believe in God.  It's, broadly speaking, a nice thing on their part.  Even though it's incredibly annoying to you.
Well, I think if you believe that someone isn't going to be as well-off as you after death just because they don't believe in the same God as you, that's incredibly bigoted. also bump i guess

:^)


Posted By:
Lady Peppermint_1990838 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Lady Peppermint_1990838
Member since:
January 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 819
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted almost 5 years ago

"Authoritarian" wrote:

"Lady Peppermint" wrote:

Really, when you think about it, that's what the Christians are trying to do.  They're trying to save you, because they personally believe that you're not going to heaven if you don't believe in God.  It's, broadly speaking, a nice thing on their part.  Even though it's incredibly annoying to you.
Well, I think if you believe that someone isn't going to be as well-off as you after death just because they don't believe in the same God as you, that's incredibly bigoted. also bump i guess
They didn't personally decide you were going to Hell, as such.  They believe the Bible word for word, and it's the one saying you're in trouble.  There really isn't any bigotry on their part, there's compassion.  Unless they're one of the trollish Christians you see often on the internet.  Then they're bigoted.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Bʏ ʜᴇʀ ᴡʜᴏ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴏɴᴛʜ [Jᴀɴᴜᴀʀʏ] ɪs ʙᴏʀɴ
Nᴏ ɢᴇᴍ sᴀᴠᴇ ɢᴀʀɴᴇᴛs sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴡᴏʀɴ;
Tʜᴇʏ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴇɴsᴜʀᴇ ʜᴇʀ ᴄᴏɴsᴛᴀɴᴄʏ,
Tʀᴜᴇ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅsʜɪᴘ, ᴀɴᴅ ғɪᴅᴇʟɪᴛʏ.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬


Latest Forum Posts

Well.....

Well.....

Will AlphaT be missed?

Will AlphaT be missed?

+ 2017, What Are You Listening to Right Now?

Will AlphaT be missed?

Will AlphaT be missed?

+ 2017, What Are You Listening to Right Now?

Hii!!

Why believe in God?

Latest Videos

Play Online Games