x

Meet New Friends!

Recommended friends are based on your interests. Make sure they are up to date.

Friends ff8c072dd79a91c1300f032d674241a8d64367100ffb1f25fa3f9bec4a05319f
Kidzworld Logo

Politics and Religion

Free Will is an Illusion

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Posted By:
MikhailTal Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
MikhailTal
Member since:
April 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 443
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted almost 5 years ago
If an omniscient God exists. The absolute knowledge that an event will occur / a human action will take place removes the possibility of that individual having free will. Because their event is already pre-determined, they have no chance to deviate from that path. What you experience as free will (if there is an omniscient being) is merely an illusion from a non-omniscient perspective in an absurd universe.  Just as the past has absolutely been followed, the presence of an omniscient being would apply the same principle to the future; that it is utterly unchangeable. Don't get mixed up, however, with the absolute knowledge a supernatural force would possess, and the relative knowledge that a non-omniscient being like yourself would possess. I've seen examples that have said something along the lines of "you definitely know your kid will eat a bowl of candy over a bowl of dead, rotting mice, and that because you know this, you're not forcing them to do it" This is not absolute knowledge. This is using a lot of evidence to support the claim that your kid will almost certainly eat the candy over the mice, but you cannot be absolutely sure. 


Posted By:
AlphaT_1747988 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
AlphaT_1747988
Member since:
March 2011
Status:
Offline

Posts: 11131
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted almost 5 years ago

"MikhailTal" wrote:

If an omniscient God exists. The absolute knowledge that an event will occur / a human action will take place removes the possibility of that individual having free will. Because their event is already pre-determined, they have no chance to deviate from that path. What you experience as free will (if there is an omniscient being) is merely an illusion from a non-omniscient perspective in an absurd universe. Just as the past has absolutely been followed, the presence of an omniscient being would apply the same principle to the future; that it is utterly unchangeable. Don't get mixed up, however, with the absolute knowledge a supernatural force would possess, and the relative knowledge that a non-omniscient being like yourself would possess. I've seen examples that have said something along the lines of "you definitely know your kid will eat a bowl of candy over a bowl of dead, rotting mice, and that because you know this, you're not forcing them to do it" This is not absolute knowledge. This is using a lot of evidence to support the claim that your kid will almost certainly eat the candy over the mice, but you cannot be absolutely sure.
Your acting as if that since God knows what we will do he inforces it... These have no correlation when carefully thought over.


Posted By:
Authoritarian Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Authoritarian
Member since:
January 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 1074
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted almost 5 years ago
once again plummeted into the dust by AlphaT lock pls

:^)


Posted By:
Amy4947_1666717 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Amy4947_1666717
Member since:
December 2010
Status:
Offline

Posts: 232
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted almost 5 years ago
If God didn't exist, we wouldn't be here. Nothing would. Monkeys didn't make us, and neither did rocks.

Hey, I'm Amy (:


Posted By:
MikhailTal Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
MikhailTal
Member since:
April 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 443
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted almost 5 years ago

"Amy4947" wrote:

If God didn't exist, we wouldn't be here. Nothing would. Monkeys didn't make us, and neither did rocks.
Utterly irrelevant.


Posted By:
Jack Mack_1822069 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Jack Mack_1822069
Member since:
June 2011
Status:
Offline

Posts: 4844
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted almost 5 years ago

"Amy4947" wrote:

If God didn't exist, we wouldn't be here. Nothing would. Monkeys didn't make us, and neither did rocks.
yes, you are correct. monkeys nor rocks created us. it was more like the evolution of species over millions and millions of years. 


Posted By:
Jack Mack_1822069 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Jack Mack_1822069
Member since:
June 2011
Status:
Offline

Posts: 4844
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted almost 5 years ago
anyway regardless if there is a god or not free will is still an illusion.  everyone thinks our choices matter, but they really don't in the grand scheme of running this wonderful country of ours. 


Posted By:
AlphaT_1747988 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
AlphaT_1747988
Member since:
March 2011
Status:
Offline

Posts: 11131
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted almost 5 years ago
God knows what will happen, but lets us make our own decisions... I do not see how God knowing something, also controls something.


Posted By:
Jack Mack_1822069 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Jack Mack_1822069
Member since:
June 2011
Status:
Offline

Posts: 4844
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted almost 5 years ago
do you believe in alternate realities then?


Posted By:
Sage_kittycat
Sage_kittycat
Member since:
July 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 6827
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted almost 5 years ago

"Jack Mack" wrote:

anyway regardless if there is a god or not free will is still an illusion.  everyone thinks our choices matter, but they really don't in the grand scheme of running this wonderful country of ours. 
It's not totally an illusion. What do you think the American people fight for? Freedom isn't free. Though I do believe that the economy is too large. If we're not careful in a couple-hundred years we'll be a Communist country. Yes, I'm one of those "crazy people" XD


← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Latest Forum Posts

The person below me

Count to 60 before a Jr. Mod posts

The person below me

Count to 60 before a Jr. Mod posts

The person below me

Count to 60 before a Jr. Mod posts

The person below me

Count to 60 before a Jr. Mod posts

Count to 60 before a Jr. Mod posts

Count to 60 before a Jr. Mod posts

Latest Videos

Play Online Games