x

Meet New Friends!

Recommended friends are based on your interests. Make sure they are up to date.

Friends ff8c072dd79a91c1300f032d674241a8d64367100ffb1f25fa3f9bec4a05319f
Kidzworld Logo

Politics and Religion

Free Will is an Illusion

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 Next →
Posted By:
Alekhine Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Alekhine
Member since:
November 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 440
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted almost 5 years ago
Even if the parents were 100% (somehow) that their kids eat the candy over the mice, why would it force the kids to eat it?
God knows what we will do, Gods omniscience doesn't create the action we will do before we do it. Why would that be the case? How did you determine that because God knows what we will do, we will be doing something determined?


If you know the outcome of something, it means there is no other possible choice that could have been made to produce a different outcome.

Meaning that if I KNOW what you're going to do, no matter what choices you THINK you're making, you were destined to make the one that I saw anyway. 

I am a furry little kitty. =^.^=


Posted By:
snowstone_2125337 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
snowstone_2125337
Member since:
May 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 76
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted almost 5 years ago

"Alekhine" wrote:

Even if the parents were 100% (somehow) that their kids eat the candy over the mice, why would it force the kids to eat it?
God knows what we will do, Gods omniscience doesn't create the action we will do before we do it. Why would that be the case? How did you determine that because God knows what we will do, we will be doing something determined?

If you know the outcome of something, it means there is no other possible choice that could have been made to produce a different outcome.

Yes.

"Alekhine" wrote:

Meaning that if I KNOW what you're going to do, no matter what choices you THINK you're making, you were destined to make the one that I saw anyway

God would know the choice I'll be making, and I'll make that only choice. I'm destined to make the one God knows I'll make.

You can't choose what stays and what fades away.


Posted By:
Alekhine Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Alekhine
Member since:
November 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 440
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted almost 5 years ago

"snowstone" wrote:

"Alekhine" wrote:

Even if the parents were 100% (somehow) that their kids eat the candy over the mice, why would it force the kids to eat it?
God knows what we will do, Gods omniscience doesn't create the action we will do before we do it. Why would that be the case? How did you determine that because God knows what we will do, we will be doing something determined?

If you know the outcome of something, it means there is no other possible choice that could have been made to produce a different outcome.
Yes.

"Alekhine" wrote:

Meaning that if I KNOW what you're going to do, no matter what choices you THINK you're making, you were destined to make the one that I saw anyway
God would know the choice I'll be making, and I'll make that only choice. I'm destined to make the one God knows I'll make.


So what are you even arguing?

I am a furry little kitty. =^.^=


Posted By:
snowstone_2125337 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
snowstone_2125337
Member since:
May 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 76
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted almost 5 years ago

"Alekhine" wrote:

"snowstone" wrote:

"Alekhine" wrote:

Even if the parents were 100% (somehow) that their kids eat the candy over the mice, why would it force the kids to eat it?
God knows what we will do, Gods omniscience doesn't create the action we will do before we do it. Why would that be the case? How did you determine that because God knows what we will do, we will be doing something determined?

If you know the outcome of something, it means there is no other possible choice that could have been made to produce a different outcome.
Yes.

"Alekhine" wrote:

Meaning that if I KNOW what you're going to do, no matter what choices you THINK you're making, you were destined to make the one that I saw anyway
God would know the choice I'll be making, and I'll make that only choice. I'm destined to make the one God knows I'll make.

So what are you even arguing?


That it doesn't mean people have no free will. The outcome of something (the action/thing that I do) God knows. God knows what's the outcome and there won't be any possible thing done to change that outcome because I never will choose anything but the outcome which God knows.

You can't choose what stays and what fades away.


Posted By:
Alekhine Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Alekhine
Member since:
November 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 440
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted almost 5 years ago

That it doesn't mean people have no free will. The outcome of something (the action/thing that I do) God knows. God knows what's the outcome and there won't be any possible thing done to change that outcome because I never will choose anything but the outcome which God knows.


Sounds like no free will to me. The result of your actions has already been decided, you only feel like you're making decisions on a local level (provided that omniscience exists).

I am a furry little kitty. =^.^=


Posted By:
snowstone_2125337 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
snowstone_2125337
Member since:
May 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 76
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted almost 5 years ago

"Alekhine" wrote:


That it doesn't mean people have no free will. The outcome of something (the action/thing that I do) God knows. God knows what's the outcome and there won't be any possible thing done to change that outcome because I never will choose anything but the outcome which God knows.

Sounds like no free will to me. The result of your actions has already been decided, you only feel like you're making decisions on a local level (provided that omniscience exists).


It hasn't been decided, it's known by God what I'll decide. Gods knowledge of my decision (The outcome) doesn't force me to choose 'or imagine to choose as you put it' the outcome. But I'll choose (the outcome) free willing.


You can't choose what stays and what fades away.


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 Next →

Latest Forum Posts

DO YOU PREFER COOKING OR BAKING?

awnser the question the person above you asks

DO YOU PREFER COOKING OR BAKING?

The person below me

DO YOU PREFER COOKING OR BAKING?

The person below me

The person below me

The person below me

The Banning Game

The person below me

Latest Videos

Play Online Games