Back left
Back right
Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"Storm1232" wrote:

Okand I already saw people veing offfensive.. Someone tell me why we can't have one of these threads, without someone being completely rude by calling someone else's beliefs either, #######, or pointless?


Because some people have beliefs that are in fact pointless. 


Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:

"Storm1232" wrote:

Okand I already saw people veing offfensive.. Someone tell me why we can't have one of these threads, without someone being completely rude by calling someone else's beliefs either, #######, or pointless?

Because some people have beliefs that are in fact pointless. 

So it gives you reason to be completely rude? Yes, I know you don't like to suger coat things.. But there is a difference in being honest and being annoying..

I do not like bad grammar, and there is a high chance of me correcting you.

Yes Stormie-chan is back once again.
Kon'nichiwa, futatabi min'na!
(Hello Agin Everyone!)


Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"Storm1232" wrote:

"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:

"Storm1232" wrote:

Okand I already saw people veing offfensive.. Someone tell me why we can't have one of these threads, without someone being completely rude by calling someone else's beliefs either, #######, or pointless?

Because some people have beliefs that are in fact pointless. 
So it gives you reason to be completely rude? Yes, I know you don't like to suger coat things.. But there is a difference in being honest and being annoying..


I don't consider what I do rude. It may be interpreted as such, but that's not really my problem.

And that difference is entirely based on an individual opinion. Some people are annoyed by everything. That doesn't mean I'm not going to do anything around them. 


Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
Teh_Skittlez isn't being annoying. He's expressing his views in a proper and efficient matter and he's being rational about it.

Big Grin

I could disagree with some of the points he's making though. Smile Nose

If I got a dollar for every time someone told me God came on this earth to make people "Happy"...


Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:

"Storm1232" wrote:

"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:

"Storm1232" wrote:

Okand I already saw people veing offfensive.. Someone tell me why we can't have one of these threads, without someone being completely rude by calling someone else's beliefs either, #######, or pointless?

Because some people have beliefs that are in fact pointless. 
So it gives you reason to be completely rude? Yes, I know you don't like to suger coat things.. But there is a difference in being honest and being annoying..

I don't consider what I do rude. It may be interpreted as such, but that's not really my problem.

And that difference is entirely based on an individual opinion. Some people are annoyed by everything. That doesn't mean I'm not going to do anything around them. 


I can't lie, I'm actually trying not to laugh right now.. You sound like my dad.. XD
You both get so serious, but you don't ket it affect you at the same time.. hm.. Cool

I do not like bad grammar, and there is a high chance of me correcting you.

Yes Stormie-chan is back once again.
Kon'nichiwa, futatabi min'na!
(Hello Agin Everyone!)


Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
Science and religion are close with each other.

Science - An endeavor dedicated to the accumulation and classification of observable facts in order to formulate general laws about the natural world.

That would be creation. The plants, water, animals ect. Science is learning about God's creation. About how things work and formulate. Science cannot prove anything. It is only observable facts.
Science started with Christians.

Love Thy Neighbor as Thyself

Everyone is beautiful, special, and has a purpose in this world. Yes, even you


Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
Posts: 440

I can't lie, I'm actually trying not to laugh right now.. You sound like my dad.. XD
You both get so serious, but you don't ket it affect you at the same time.. hm.. 


That's because Skittlez IS your father.

Science started with Christians.


Absolutely ridiculous claim. 

Science - An endeavor dedicated to the accumulation and classification of observable facts in order to formulate general laws about the natural world.

That would be creation. The plants, water, animals ect. Science is learning about God's creation. About how things work and formulate. Science cannot prove anything. It is only observable facts.


They're not close at all, even if you believe that God created everything and we're understanding God's creations.

Religion uses dogma and is heavily biased and open to interpretation. This is especially true when Christians love to say the Bible is stories meant to give lessons, parables, blah blah blah. All subject to interpretation. 

Science is the objective search for actual truth which religion has provided none of in a purely scientific sense. It's ever-changing and doesn't care who contributes to it so long as what they contribute is true. This is certainly not the case for religion, where people get persecuted for discovering FACTUAL things that conflict with the church's silly view of how the Universe is run. 

I am a furry little kitty. =^.^=


Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"Alekhine" wrote:

I can't lie, I'm actually trying not to laugh right now.. You sound like my dad.. XD
You both get so serious, but you don't ket it affect you at the same time.. hm.. 

That's because Skittlez IS your father.

Science started with Christians.

Absolutely ridiculous claim. 

Science - An endeavor dedicated to the accumulation and classification of observable facts in order to formulate general laws about the natural world.

That would be creation. The plants, water, animals ect. Science is learning about God's creation. About how things work and formulate. Science cannot prove anything. It is only observable facts.

They're not close at all, even if you believe that God created everything and we're understanding God's creations.

Religion uses dogma and is heavily biased and open to interpretation. This is especially true when Christians love to say the Bible is stories meant to give lessons, parables, blah blah blah. All subject to interpretation. 

Science is the objective search for actual truth which religion has provided none of in a purely scientific sense. It's ever-changing and doesn't care who contributes to it so long as what they contribute is true. This is certainly not the case for religion, where people get persecuted for discovering FACTUAL things that conflict with the church's silly view of how the Universe is run. 




Science CANNOT prove anything. The closest level you can get to "proving" would be turning the Theory into a "Scientific law". It starts with a Hypothesis - an educated geuss that attempts to explain an observation or answer a question. And ends with the scientific law - A theory that has been tested by and is consistent with generations of data. But you still cannot prove anything. Even with science you cannot prove things that happened in the Bible. With Science did I just prove that the Bible is the word of God? Of course not! Science cannot prove anything!

 

Love Thy Neighbor as Thyself

Everyone is beautiful, special, and has a purpose in this world. Yes, even you


Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
Posts: 440

Science CANNOT prove anything. The closest level you can get to "proving" would be turning the Theory into a "Scientific law". It starts with a Hypothesis - an educated geuss that attempts to explain an observation or answer a question. And ends with the scientific law - A theory that has been tested by and is consistent with generations of data. But you still cannot prove anything.


Thanks for the refresher course, but I have a pretty decent grasp of what science is and isn't.

Even with science you cannot prove things that happened in the Bible


I wonder if this has anything to do with the things in the Bible being wrong and impossible to recreate.

Science cannot prove anything!


Can't absolutely prove anything. Can prove things to the point where you'd have to be a silly person to not accept them though. If something is tested repeatedly and every test yields the same results, it's pretty safe to say that it's true. 

I am a furry little kitty. =^.^=


Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
Alekhine
Thats because Skittlez IS your father


O.O

I do not like bad grammar, and there is a high chance of me correcting you.

Yes Stormie-chan is back once again.
Kon'nichiwa, futatabi min'na!
(Hello Agin Everyone!)


News Feed

To view your full News Feed please Login using your Username and Password or Register with Kidzworld!

Forum Activity