Back left
Back right

I'm not sure why Christianity isn't a dead religion.

Celebs cartoon
Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
Exactly. The [Catholic] Church has outlived every major empire. What does this mean? In the Bible, Jesus said to Peter, "You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell will never prevail against it."  The Lord told Peter that his Church would never fail. For example, during the Arian heresy during the 300's, basicly the only people fighting this heresy were St. Athanasius and the Pope. Miraculously, the Church survived. And of course there were many other heresies against Christianity as well. Many.  Then of course there was Nero.. burning and killing Christians.  And there were many, many other trials for Christians.  And for all of them, the Church survived.

The Church has outlived every major empire. Think twice.

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
- Marilyn Monroe

Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"samanthapandaw" wrote:

Well, I honestly can't say I really know, but a theory I have is that people needed to rely on something, and for some reason they just chose Christianity.

I agree, it gives them something to Wink Tongueonder, and look forward to, and believe, and hope. If others believe in something like religion, everyone else will. It's human nature to act on influence. Preachers, ministers, priests, those type of people lead the church, and he/she is like the "influencer" . It hasn't died out because people have hope, I guess. They are part of something with another group of people.

They are vulnerable and are willing to take the risk of believing in something that may, or may not be.

Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb

Because it's what people believe.
I'm Christian -shrugs-

Jeffery and Darrel

Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb

Please don't laugh at me but I go to church and I'm a morman

!!!BEBE!!!

News Feed

To view your full News Feed please Login using your Username and Password or Register with Kidzworld!

Forum Activity