Kw-logo-smaller

Dear Dish-It

Family Issues
Problems at home? Can’t seem to get along with your sibs? Get help now!

I need job!

Posted By:
ILMDGRL
ILMDGRL
StarStarStarStar
                    Okay, I'm 14 years old and live in the state of Pennsylvania so I legally can have a job. Everyone asks why a 14 year old would need a job, but that is an easy answer. My family is in a tight spot and needs the extra money. (I'm not going into detail.) I face 2 problems though. I need to convince my dad to let me help meaning I'll need hard facts and statistics which I have gathered a lot of, and I don't know the process for which to apply for a job. I just need to show my dad I know what I'm talking about. He doesn't know I've been researching this for weeks. So if anyone here has applied for a job around my age could you give me some pointers?

P.S. I am totally crazy !!

I need job!

Posted By:
-Allie-
-Allie-
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar
I have a job. BUT I had to wait a long time for it. And also, you need a reliable way to and from said job. So you need to get a ride before you apply and know that retail and fast food, is pretty much what you will be doing. Its hard at 14, I'm 18. But I wish you luck hunee! Love

“Speak only if it improves upon the silence.” - Mahatma Gandhi

I need job!

Posted By:
ILMDGRL
ILMDGRL
StarStarStarStar
What do you mean you had to wait a long time exactly? Months, weeks, or years? I have three ways I could get to work (Dad, friends, walk). I'm a fitness nut smile I live close to our local mall too so I'm thinking of like you said being in retail. I can't work with fast food because I'm allergic to the chemicals in most the food. What process did you go through to apply for your job. Would I need a resume? I already know about the parent consent form that my dad would have to handle.

I need job!

Posted By:
-Allie-
-Allie-
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar
I was referred by a friend, and I went thru 3 "interviews" and it took months before they had an opening. Its a very desired job. 

I had no idea about a parent consent form, so its great that you're on that! Big Grin

The mall sounds great!

“Speak only if it improves upon the silence.” - Mahatma Gandhi

I need job!

Posted By:
ILMDGRL
ILMDGRL
StarStarStarStar
Ya, I've really been studying the process in my spare time so I'm starting to get the jist of how it goes. and thanks 4 the words of wisdom and that stuff. It helps.  smile

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

Your view on the ice bucket challenge.

Slap The Keyboard :p

How many Tabs do you have open now??

ThE WoRd GaMe

latest videos