Kw-logo-holiday

Dear Dish-It

Family Issues
Problems at home? Can’t seem to get along with your sibs? Get help now!

I need job!

Posted By:
ILMDGRL
ILMDGRL
StarStarStarStar
                    Okay, I'm 14 years old and live in the state of Pennsylvania so I legally can have a job. Everyone asks why a 14 year old would need a job, but that is an easy answer. My family is in a tight spot and needs the extra money. (I'm not going into detail.) I face 2 problems though. I need to convince my dad to let me help meaning I'll need hard facts and statistics which I have gathered a lot of, and I don't know the process for which to apply for a job. I just need to show my dad I know what I'm talking about. He doesn't know I've been researching this for weeks. So if anyone here has applied for a job around my age could you give me some pointers?

I need job!

Posted By:
-Allie-
-Allie-
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar
I have a job. BUT I had to wait a long time for it. And also, you need a reliable way to and from said job. So you need to get a ride before you apply and know that retail and fast food, is pretty much what you will be doing. Its hard at 14, I'm 18. But I wish you luck hunee! Love

Don't talk ABOUT me when I'm not here, because you weren't worthy of talking TO me when I was.

Don't talk negatively about other people's looks when you're too much of a coward to show your picture for others to do the same.

Lastly, and most importantly -

I Support Equal Rights

I need job!

Posted By:
ILMDGRL
ILMDGRL
StarStarStarStar
What do you mean you had to wait a long time exactly? Months, weeks, or years? I have three ways I could get to work (Dad, friends, walk). I'm a fitness nut smile I live close to our local mall too so I'm thinking of like you said being in retail. I can't work with fast food because I'm allergic to the chemicals in most the food. What process did you go through to apply for your job. Would I need a resume? I already know about the parent consent form that my dad would have to handle.

I need job!

Posted By:
-Allie-
-Allie-
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar
I was referred by a friend, and I went thru 3 "interviews" and it took months before they had an opening. Its a very desired job. 

I had no idea about a parent consent form, so its great that you're on that! Big Grin

The mall sounds great!

Don't talk ABOUT me when I'm not here, because you weren't worthy of talking TO me when I was.

Don't talk negatively about other people's looks when you're too much of a coward to show your picture for others to do the same.

Lastly, and most importantly -

I Support Equal Rights

I need job!

Posted By:
ILMDGRL
ILMDGRL
StarStarStarStar
Ya, I've really been studying the process in my spare time so I'm starting to get the jist of how it goes. and thanks 4 the words of wisdom and that stuff. It helps.  smile

play online games

Hour-of-code-tumb

Codey the troll is lost! Help him avoid obstacles and get back into the computer...

Candy-quest-feature

Your troll is lost! Help it avoid obstacles and get back into the computer.

Fo...

Dragon-dash

Your dragon must return to guard the treasure! Help it gather lost coins and avo...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properties to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be r...

1005_cc_kidz_100x100_vlh

Candy's got her candies into a terrible mess, can you help her to sort them out?

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

_thumb_100x100

Bloons 2 is here! A worthy and awesome sequel at last to our original Bloons gam...

Frostbox_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

am i wrong

Should we bring back the death penalty?

am i wrong

Top 3 fav animals

supernatural adventure chistmas celebratio...

iPhone 6

latest videos