Kw-logo-smaller

Dear Dish-It

Family Issues
Problems at home? Can’t seem to get along with your sibs? Get help now!

I like boys...and girls...

Posted By:
imagination44
imagination44
StarStarStarStar
I'm bi. I like a girl. I don't know how to tell my parents, because they are super religious. I have know idea what'll happen, but if I do decide to ask a certain someone out, I want them to be able to me her and so on. Help? Advice? Frustrated

Oh darling, don't be bitter. It's the first instinct of the weak.

Posted By:
ChickenGoPowPowPow
ChickenGoPowPowPow
StarStarStarStar
Eh.. I know this is going to be hard.. but.. when you're ready to tell your parents; you're gonna have to be strong. Remember, they are your parents no matter how religious they are. They will understand, but it may take them time.
Sit down with them and talk to them about your sexuality and that you want them to support you. 
Which they will, but just to make sure.
They might start treating you different.. (My friend came out to his mom and she started taking him to church but later supported him through it).
It's the only way.
I tried giving a little advice. Frustrated

I give advice, just comment me or view my blogs.

Posted By:
imagination44
imagination44
StarStarStarStar

"ChickenGoPowPowPow" wrote:

Eh.. I know this is going to be hard.. but.. when you're ready to tell your parents; you're gonna have to be strong. Remember, they are your parents no matter how religious they are. They will understand, but it may take them time.

Sit down with them and talk to them about your sexuality and that you want them to support you. 

They might start treating you different.. (My friend came out to his mom and she started taking him to church but later supported him through it).

It's the only way.

Thanks... I'm scared though. They might say I chose this life path, or something idiotic like that. Worried  

Posted By:
ChickenGoPowPowPow
ChickenGoPowPowPow
StarStarStarStar

"imagination44" wrote:

"ChickenGoPowPowPow" wrote:

It's the only way.

Thanks... I'm scared though. They might say I chose this life path, or something idiotic like that. Worried  

Listen, I can see that you're proud of who you are. Of course your parents is not going to easily accept this, but they are going to have to.. just because you are their daughter. 
I know it's scary, but later in life you're going to be glad you told them. 

I give advice, just comment me or view my blogs.

Posted By:
imagination44
imagination44
StarStarStarStar
Maybe you're right... 
Just maybe...

Posted By:
Kirsteeeeen
Kirsteeeeen
StarStarStarStarStar
They don't HAVE to know. You have no obligation to tell ANYONE; it's a personal topic that only you and your partner are concerned with.
If you really want to tell them, wait until you feel comfortable with it. Don't rush into it because you feel like you have to or really need to. You don't.
When you tell them, reassure them you've always been that way and it hasn't changed you at all. You are who you've always been. Of course they might not accept it, but they don't have to. Only you have to accept you.

Name

Signature

Posted By:
imagination44
imagination44
StarStarStarStar

"Kirsteeeeen" wrote:

They don't HAVE to know. You have no obligation to tell ANYONE; it's a personal topic that only you and your partner are concerned with.

If you really want to tell them, wait until you feel comfortable with it. Don't rush into it because you feel like you have to or really need to. You don't.

When you tell them, reassure them you've always been that way and it hasn't changed you at all. You are who you've always been. Of course they might not accept it, but they don't have to. Only you have to accept you.

THANK GOD! I do accept myself, of course. Grin You have NO idea how much this helps. I might try both of these wonderful suggestions. Thank you both so much! Big Grin

Posted By:
game_master3D
game_master3D
StarStarStar
It would not be nice to date behind their backs. You need to slowly tell your parents and reveal details one at a time. 

Although telling them is not mandatory, you can tell them one detail, let them get over it, and another, let them get over it, etc.

The Master of Gaming

Posted By:
mustachepuppy
mustachepuppy
StarStarStarStar
you should tell your parents and they might understand. they might be unsure at first and uncomfortable about it, but will get used to the idea and be okay with your choices. but don't go behind their backs!!

Be the different one in life. Remember, normal is boring! Enjoy being the odd one out!

Posted By:
mustachepuppy
mustachepuppy
StarStarStarStar
also, my mom is too, and her parents and family disapproved at first, but now understand.

Be the different one in life. Remember, normal is boring! Enjoy being the odd one out!

← Previous 1

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

I JUST TOOK OVER THE FORUMS

3 Facts About You!

3 Facts About You!

What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?

What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?

Random

latest videos