Kw-halloween-logo-small

Dear Dish-It

Family Issues
Problems at home? Can’t seem to get along with your sibs? Get help now!

They're Always Disappointed...?

Posted By:
PeanutTurtle
PeanutTurtle
Star
So my parents have been divorced for a good 10 years now.  I live with my Dad and Step Mum and my brother lives with Mum. 
My Dad and Step Mum have really high expectations for me that I don't always manage to reach, and then they get really angry. The other day, for example, I got 19.5 out of 20 in a French test, and my Dad said to me, "Is that really the best that you can do?" And my Step Mum said, "We don't pay for you to go to that school to muck around. We told you to study for that and you obviously didn't! What is your problem?!" And I did study, I studied really hard. All I mucked up on was I put an accent around the wrong way!  
I'm not really sure what I should do. It made me feel really bad about myself and it isn't the first time it's happened. I try really hard but they're never happy. I guess it doesn't help that my Mum and I don't really have a good relationship. She felt really betrayed when I moved in with my Dad and she never really got over it. So she never calls me, she never comes to any of my sports games, she just doesn't really seem to care anymore. 
Because my parents are super strict I can't really talk to them, and I also can't really talk to my Mum either. I'm really shy and quiet and most people tend to overlook me at school, so I don't have any friends that I can't talk about this. 
What should I do? 

Posted By:
Cry_J
Cry_J
StarStarStarStar
First off im sorry you feel that way, but in all honesty you are not the one at fault.

Second be grateful that you have family some people aren't as fortunate.

My advice to you: 

Talk to you're parents.  You say you are shy and I realize talking to anyone can be difficult if you are, but if you don't then nothing will change.  Tell them how you feel, how them saying that makes you feel.  It's not healthy for a parent to put a lot of pressure on there child.  Be strong and strait to the point.

Same for you're mom.  Talk to her.  Tell her you love her.  Surprise her with a call (at a good time)
Again be strong.  Shutting herself out from you're life is childish.  So be the bigger person and show her how silly she is being. 

I'm sure you can do it.  I hope everything works out well for you.

You

Kill it with kindness

To the friends i have that reperesent this.

Posted By:
PeanutTurtle
PeanutTurtle
Star
Thank you! That really helps.  smile

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Ow_fright_ad_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

How Would You Describe You Personality Wit...

ThE WoRd GaMe

Pixeled has returned. But not forever???

Its a never ending game!

LAST 1 TO POST WINS ! ! :D

Give me the color of ur Shirt now:)

latest videos