Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Food
Love food, cooking or just eating then this is the place for you! Share your favorite recipes, tell everyone what foods you love or just hang out and talk about desserts!

Can diet soda cause cancer?

Posted By:
medal11
medal11
StarStar
 Do you think that diet soda causes cancer?

Got Swag?

Posted By:
;thebeautyinside
;thebeautyinside
StarStarStar
Doubt it.

Posted By:
adventure_time_fan10
adventure_time_fan10
StarStar
true story> well i was at a cafe or restraunt and i asked for A DIET SODA and the lady said '' diet soda causes cancer '' and i sat there in the chair thinkinking ''omg o.o tht lady cray cray but i do kinda beleve her O.O '' and i NEVER drank it again but that also teaches u a lesson DONT SCARE A 9 YR OLD THAT LIKES SODA

Wat

Posted By:
Pikachu_Loves_Me:3
Pikachu_Loves_Me:3
StarStarStarStar
I: C now i know the #1 thing i'm not going to drink....thank u.

Hey Dere :3
Ride Dat Alpaca
I'm also Pixeled, so send friend a request to Pixeled!
:3 (/.0.)/ (>.w.)> \(OwO\)

Posted By:
Animal4ever_1910751 Lock
Animal4ever_1910751
StarStarStarStar
Scientist believe everything causes cancer now which I think is stupid Raspberry Punk

Posted By:
Betzy123
Betzy123
StarStarStarStarStar

Interpreting the data of two studies, Dr. Hazuda pointed out that it caused a blood sugar spike in mice, and suggested that diet sodas may inhibit the signal that tells you when you’re full. 

Here are 6 more reasons to give up diet soda:  

1. It messes with your skin. Diet Coke lowers your pH levels, which can cause acne, and zap you of radiance. We need a high level of alkalinity for our bodies to be healthy and expressed in our glowing complexion, explains Dr. Jeanette Graf, author of Stop Aging, Start Living: The Revolutionary 2-Week pH Diet. As Dr. Graf told us recently, “If there’s one thing you should never consume, it’s soda. Soda is an extreme acid-forming substance which will lower your pH level dramatically.”

2. It alters your mood. The mood-food connection is ever-rising, and Aspartame in Diet Coke can really do a doozey on those with anxiety, depression, and bipolar disorder. Aspartame is also on an EPA list of potentially dangerous chemicals contributing to neurotoxicity, right under Arsenic. So that’s kind of saying it could alter your brain, too.

3. Weight gain and belly fat. Ironically, we actually gain weight from Diet Coke. In two studies conducted by the School of Medicine at The University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, those “who said they consumed two or more diet sodas a day, experienced waist circumference increases that were 500 percent greater than those of non-users.

4. It causes diabetes and heart disease. When waist circumference (belly fat) increases, this contributes to diabetes and heart disease, which a 2010 study in the Journal of General Internal Medicine confirmed.

5. It makes your kidneys sluggish. Diet soda may interfere with the kidneys, found the Harvard Nurse’s Study, which reported a 30% drop in kidney function with just two servings of diet soda each day.

6. Aspartame’s been linked to cancer. A lot. Aspartame is “generally recognized as ##### by the FDA while substantial data has shown its link to cancer. The Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) cautions against Aspartame because it’s poorly tested, and contains three well-recognized neurotoxins. Aspartame was found to increase cancer risk if exposure begins in the womb, reported a study at the Cesare Maltoni Cancer Research Center. And various studies have linked lymphoma and tumors in rats. And beware the BPA of cans and caramel coloring, reports Grist.

Kind of takes the fizz out of it, right?

Posted By:
TheAverageJC
TheAverageJC
StarStarStarStarStar
diet soda sucks anyways so i'm good

All We Love We Leave Behind

Posted By:
Betzy123
Betzy123
StarStarStarStarStar
Frustrated

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Hour-of-code-tumb

Millions of Students will be doing an Hour of Code with Tynker December 8th-14th...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

latest forum posts

Favourite book

The Flu Vaccine

Favourite book

Should we bring back the death penalty?

latest videos