Kw-logo-smaller

Roleplay Central

General Roleplays
Love RPG then you found your home. Join a game or start one. You never know how it is gonna work out.

Basics Of Role-play [[Tips, Help, and Understanding]]

Posted By:
CircusMutt
CircusMutt
Star
Hey there, names CircusMutt. Just call me Mutt for short. Anyways I've been role-playing since 2008 and I'm now in my teens. Roughly, I have been rp-ing for about 5 years. I'm advanced by now. Some of you would like to start role-playing? and you need help? Look no further, you may reply and ask questions.
In this article I'll explain a few things. Please read on.

Well, I know a few people who don't know the actual basics of role-play and I'd love to help them out. I'll soon have basics of drawing and game play here and there. Or, possibly helping, I'm not exactly sure.

Anyways, role-playing is just short sentences or huge paragraphs explaining on what the character is doing. More like describing every detail. There are improper and proper ways.
I'll show you the correct and incorrect examples.
Role-playing let's your mind run wild if you have an imagination. There are RPG sites [Role-Playing Games] I might give a few links to them so you can wonder and explore the role-play world yourself!

Okay, lets get down to business in role-play.
Here are the most common RPG's you can find; Canine RPG, Feline RPG, and Human RPG.

The RPG's used in the RP's are Speed Role-play and Paragraph role-play.

SPEED
-------------
Speed role-play is mostly used for fighting and such. The rules of speed are pretty simple infact. Possibly a bit more clear than paragraph role-play. But, speed can be complicated when there are more then one role-players fighting in a chat.

Anyways, speed is typing fast jotting down words. Each post you make is one move. Here are the correct and incorrect examples.

CORRECT; -The large female canis lupis rushed herself at the male, grasping her jaws upon his muzzle.-
INCORRECT; - The female ran forth from a far distance getting closer she leaped and tackled.-

Did you see the mistakes in the 'INCORRECT' one? Hope you did. If not, I'll explain.
See, in the correct one the post was ONE move, explaining it with a few more words.
The 'INCORRECT' one did three moves in one post. Many role-players may get mad.

Now, the basic rules can be changed or stayed put. You must have 5+ words into the most. or it may grow into 7+, 10+, 15+ words into the post. If you have less then the words to have. Your post may not count, unless the opponent accepts it. Then, you may have three posts per person.
For example you post three role-plays. You have to wait for your opponent to post one role-play or three. once he/she posts you may post three more. Or it may go as many posts as you want.
Also, there can be speed paragraph role-play. Same thing, just more sentences.

PARAGRAPH
-------------------

TO BE ADDED

TIPS
------------------
TO BE ADDED

RULES OF CHAT RP
-----------------
TO BE ADDED

RULES OF THREAD RP
-----------------
TO BE ADDED

EXTERNAL LINKS
-----------------
Links to a dictionary to help find words to explain something.

If you have any questions please reply below this post.
Thank you and I hoped this helped a bit for you. ^_^

" My heart doesn't have a beat, it has a wobble . . . "

Posted By:
Nimsajeay
Nimsajeay
StarStarStarStarStar
This is a little bit helpful, but you might want to try role playing on Kidzworld before giving out tips for KW roleplay, as it's version of role play is a bit different than how you said. Wink  Please do not take this personally, though.

All new users please search "Saveyou's unhelpful guide to KW", it will teach you all about what to expect. It should've gotten stickied, if you ask me.

This sentence of my sig is dedicated to Tyco (tycotickles/tycolovesyou), James (HeyThereI'mJames), and the other James (NachozRule) May they always be apart of KW.

Posted By:
CircusMutt
CircusMutt
Star
Haha, I completely understand. But, it always good to try new ways, am I right? ^^
I'll add some KW role-play tips to once I get the hang of it.

" My heart doesn't have a beat, it has a wobble . . . "

Posted By:
Nimsajeay
Nimsajeay
StarStarStarStarStar

"CircusMutt" wrote:

Haha, I completely understand. But, it always good to try new ways, am I right? ^^

I'll add some KW role-play tips to once I get the hang of it.

Thank you for understanding.  And it's almost always good to try new ways. Wink Grin

All new users please search "Saveyou's unhelpful guide to KW", it will teach you all about what to expect. It should've gotten stickied, if you ask me.

This sentence of my sig is dedicated to Tyco (tycotickles/tycolovesyou), James (HeyThereI'mJames), and the other James (NachozRule) May they always be apart of KW.

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

_thumb_100x100

We have all played the famous game Sudoku, now play it online with this Classic ...

latest forum posts

The Spamming Game

The Spamming Game

The Spamming Game

LAST 1 TO POST WINS ! ! :D

The Spamming Game

LAST 1 TO POST WINS ! ! :D