Kw-logo-smaller

Kidzworld Help

Homework Help
Need help with math, geography, science or any other school work? Post your questions here! Or maybe you are an expert. Share you knowledge here.

What Are Some Good Homework and Studying Habits?

Posted By:
Jazzlinn
Jazzlinn
StarStarStar
I'm in the 7th grade. I used to get awesome report cards. Like, literally, you would look down the line, and it would be all A+s. Now, it says this: Acc. Math: B+ (87) Acc Science: A+ (95) PE (Gym): B (81) Spanish: A+ (100) Tech (Woodshop): B (83) English: B (82) FACS (Home Ec): A+ (96) Chorus: B+ (85) Social Studies: C (74) As you can see, not all of these are A+s. I don't have low grades because I do bad on tests. I do great on tests. They're my strong points. It's homework. I do the homework. I do awesome on the homework, honestly. But I forget to bring it. Or, I forget to do it when I bring it home. Maybe I leave it at school. Most of the time, I leave it at home. Anybody have good studying and homework habits they'd be willing to share? Thanks! I'm trying to get ALL STRAIGHT A+s by the end of the second quarter, scing the first quarter ends on Wednesday (Two days from now.) Please, reply ASAP!!! Again, thanks! -Jazz

OH MY GOD! BRIAN, THERE'S A MESSAGE IN MY ALPHA BITS! IT SAYS 'OOOOO'!!!

Peter, those are Cheerios.

Posted By:
MJLover4Life321
MJLover4Life321
StarStarStarStar
Well U Could Try And Finish Your Work At School.

Love?

It's just something that kills you slowly.

Posted By:
Jazzlinn
Jazzlinn
StarStarStar
I do that when I can, but FLEX (Study Hall) is only every other day, b/c I'm in chorus. You know what sucks? I seem to have Chorus on the days that the homework piles up, but the days I have FLEX, I'm basically homework-free. THAT is messed up.

Posted By:
GardenFlower45 Lock
GardenFlower45
StarStarStarStar
Well these aren't my own but they did help me a lot. 1.Try not to do too much studying at one time. If you try to do too much studying at one time, you will tire and your studying will not be very effective. Space the work you have to do over shorter periods of time. Taking short breaks will restore your mental energy. 2.Plan specific times for studying. Study time is any time you are doing something related to schoolwork. It can be completing assigned reading, working on a paper or project, or studying for a test. Schedule specific times throughout the week for your study time. 3.Try to study at the same times each day. Studying at the same times each day establishes a routine that becomes a regular part of your life, just like sleeping and eating. When a scheduled study time comes up during the day, you will be mentally prepared to begin studying. 4.Set specific goals for their study times. Goals will help you stay focused and monitor your progress. Simply sitting down to study has little value. You must be very clear about what you want to accomplish during your study times. 5.Start studying when planned. You may delay starting your studying because you don't like an assignment or think it is too hard. A delay in studying is called "procrastination." If you procrastinate for any reason, you will find it difficult to get everything done when you need to. You may rush to make up the time you wasted getting started, resulting in careless work and errors. 6.Work on the assignment they find most difficult first. Your most difficult assignment will require the most effort. Start with your most difficult assignment since this is when you have the most mental energy. 7.Review their notes before beginning an assignment. Reviewing your notes can help you make sure you are doing an assignment correctly. Also, your notes may include information that will help you complete an assignment. 8.Tell their friends not to call them during their study times. Two study problems can occur if your friends call you during your study times. First, your work is interrupted. It is not that easy to get back to what you were doing. Second, your friends may talk about things that will distract you from what you need to do. Here's a simple idea - turn off your cell phone during your study times. 9.Call another student when they have difficulty with an assignment. This is a case where "two heads may be better than one." 10.Review their schoolwork over the weekend. Yes, weekends should be fun time. But there is also time to do some review. This will help you be ready to go on Monday morning when another school week begins. These ten study habits can help you throughout your education. Make sure they are your study habits.

--Garden *}

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
-- Dalai Lama

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Someday your prince will come. Mine took a wrong turn and is too stubborn to ask for directions.

Posted By:
MJLover4Life321
MJLover4Life321
StarStarStarStar

"Jazzlinn" wrote:

I do that when I can, but FLEX (Study Hall) is only every other day, b/c I'm in chorus. You know what sucks? I seem to have Chorus on the days that the homework piles up, but the days I have FLEX, I'm basically homework-free. THAT is messed up.
Lol xD. Well U Could Also Put A Note On The Frige Or Something 2 Say 2 Get Your Homework. Thats What I Used 2 Do

Love?

Posted By:
Jazzlinn
Jazzlinn
StarStarStar
Thanks! These are some good tips so far, but if anyone else has more, that's awesome, too! -Jazz If I fail, I'm blaming you guys. Tongue Out (Jk. ..... Sorta.)

Posted By:
MJLover4Life321
MJLover4Life321
StarStarStarStar
Lol

Love?

Posted By:
nichola97
nichola97
StarStarStarStar

"Jazzlinn" wrote:

i have the same problem with being in choir..... i dont know how much homework you usually get but if its alot and you dont have freetime to use in class i would take it home and finish it right away, then wen youre done but all of you books in a place you are guaranteed to pass, or trip on if your really worried, when you go to leave the house in the morning.

I don't disagree. I agree with a negative passion.

Posted By:
lol0629
lol0629
StarStarStarStar
I see your not doing so hot in PE and social studies..... those are my strengths. I can help ya out! Alright! First off....i can not help you in PE but if you need some sport pointers, just ask! Social Studies: well, when you notice your getting to an end of a unit or chapter start taking notes and making index cards with important facts and vocabulary words. Make em' look fun, so when your studing you don't get to bored. Also listen to the teach, when the teacher hints something and makes it bold like for example "class, you should know WHO rode on the mayflower"(random question, you don't need to answer)you should write down who rode the mayflower. Also try to.. get to know your teach. Become its pet. I know... sounds stupid. But it works. Find out something they like. Example: what there fav football team is. Then give them a doodle or something of the teams logo. Eventually they'll luv ya! Hope this helps!!

~♥~♥~Єʌαиα~♥~♥~

Posted By:
lol0629
lol0629
StarStarStarStar
also dude. ALL the boys in my class have the... forgetting homework problem. But heres an EASY solution. Get neon green sticky notes.(just because there cool) then get a sharpie. And write..."DO SOCIAL STUDIES HOMEWORK" problem solved!

~♥~♥~Єʌαиα~♥~♥~

← Previous 1

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

How do you think our world will end and why?

Do you guys know any apps?

latest videos