Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Poetry & Stories
Show your creative writing side to other users.

No Gravity

Posted By:
CrashYourParty Lock
CrashYourParty
StarStarStarStarStar
Hello!
Can You Check out Chapter One, part one of my story "No Gravity", in my blog? Please comment feedback! And Don't worry about having to add me because I made my profile public so anyone can check it out and send me comments and feedback! 

Leaving KW! Love all of my friends! KW has been so good to me these past years! To all of my best friends: You'll know to still have hope for our relationships!
Love you all! ♥

No Gravity

Posted By:
CrashYourParty Lock
CrashYourParty
StarStarStarStarStar

CHAPTER ONE PART ONE 

I Slathered on another coat of lip-gloss anxiously; over-glossing when I'm nervous has become a habit of mine. But who can blame me for being nervous-- I am literally holding my future in the palm of my sweaty hands. I gulped as I stared at the envelope that held letter from Yale with my acceptance-- or rejection-- letter in it; I was too scared to open it, but too anxious to know what the future holds, not to open it. A soothing hand ran down my back; I turned and faced my mother who was forcing a nervous smile. "Honey, you've been staring at that envelope for two hours now. I think it is time to open it," Mother said in barely a whisper, her voice hoarse in anticipation. I scoffed. Did she really expect me to tear open the letter like a little child on Christmas Day? Um, no way! I need to salvage the moment. Because if I get in, I don't want to be able to appreciate the moment; if I don't get it, I don't want to look like some desperate fool who got their hopes up only to be disappointed. 
The real reason I didn't want to open it was because, I'm stalling. I had hopped he'd show up-- but why? I hurt his feelings-- I lied-- why would he want to come? I shook the thoughts out of my head. 
I sighed and glanced up at my mother for reassurance; she nodded telling me telepathically that it's time. I looked back down at the letter, and as if everything was in slow motion, I slit the letter open with the tip of my french manicured nail and slipped the letter out. I unfolded it and read over it. My eyes watered, my mouth formed into a perfect "o", I looked up at my mother as I croaked out the words. "Mother, I Got...."

~*Two and a half years before*~ 
"I'm Living on Such Sweet Nothings" 
The angelic voice of Florence Welch of Florence + The Machine rang out of my iPhone 5 at 5:15am on the dot. A smile played on my lips as I opened my eyes and stretched out my arms. Today is the day. My first day of junior year of high school aka the first day of the MOST important year of my life. Yeah, I know I said eighth grade was the more important year of my life, but this time, I'm serious. Junior year has to be epic; it sets the tone for the rest of my life; me getting accepted into Yale, getting accepted into the ########## club (the most prestigious club in New York for high school seniors-- and yes, I plan on performing the impeccable feat of being accepted as a junior), and my sweet sixteen. No distractions. 
I pulled the blanket away from my body and swung my legs over the side of the bed and slipped my feet into my pastel pink, plush, $85 slippers. I picked up my phone which was still blasting Calvin Harris and Florence Welch's masterpiece of a song. I unlocked my iPhone and paused the song so I could speed dial one of my best friends, Emma. I listened intently to the dial tone, waiting to hear Emma's chipper voice ring through my ears. 
Boop. 
Boop. 
Boop. 
Boop. 
Boo- 
"Hey Teessaaa boo," Stella's voice rang out. I smiled at my friends greeting. Then I immediately got serious. We're juniors' now-- sixteen (well, I'm still fifteen but my sixteenth is in a month!) years old-- no more fun and games. Our futures and success-fullness of our lives depend on these next two years! "Emma, I hope you have your priorities right this year," I said in a stern tone. I know I sounded motherly, but last year was not the best year for Emma. She got into a lot of trouble with boys and even the law for petty crimes such as suspected shoplifting (she was never officially charged but it does remain on her record). I heard Emma heave a sigh from the other line. " Oh Yeah, good morning to you too!" Emma said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and shuffled into the bathroom; I put the phone on speaker and sat it down on the counter as I began my daily morning face wash routine. I use four main face products: a cleanser (which typically dries out my skin), a moisturizer (to make up for the cleanser), a product to make my skin glow and shine, and an astringent. "Em, I'm serious. No distractions this year! And that includes boys!" I said as I rubbed the cleansing foam on my t-zone. Emma heaved a sigh; she may be The most athletic girl at school, stubborn, and sarcastic, but she is definitely boy-crazy; and boys are hitting on her all the time too; but this year is important, as I have said a lot; and if she really wants that atheltic scholarship to Berkley, than her schedule needs to consist of soccer eat workout homework sleep; soccer eat workout homework sleep; and so on. It's strict, but her future depends on it. Emma stayed quiet; I could only hear her quiet breaths. I rinsed of the cleanser and started on the moisturizer. "C'mon, Emma, you know I'm just trying to help you out," I said. I do not need to start the new school year out on a bad foot with one of my best friends; No. Way. No. Bueno. ### I'm not even romotely Spanish! "Fine. No boys. No distractions-- as long as the rule applies to not only me but you and Jessi also," Emma whined. I smiled. Great, we're back on track. 
"It's a deal!"

Leaving KW! Love all of my friends! KW has been so good to me these past years! To all of my best friends: You'll know to still have hope for our relationships!
Love you all! ♥

No Gravity

Posted By:
CrashYourParty Lock
CrashYourParty
StarStarStarStarStar

I slipped my left foot into my blue, plaid Sperry's. I stood in front of a full-body mirror and surveyed my outfit. The school I attend, Marion Prep, has a pretty loose uniform code; I had about four different outfit choices for uniforms; but of course, being the fashionista I am, I usually mix 'n match. So today, I'm feeling especially preppy; so I'm wearing rolled up, ironed to a crisp, tan pants, a navy blue polo with a black, thin, leather belt. A black, polyester Marion blazer, blue Sperry's, and a light blue shoulder bag. I smiled at my reflection. Unlike most girls' my age, I'm pretty happy with myself. I'm average height, maybe 5'6. I have fluffy, shiny, blonde hair which is usually naturally curly or wavy-- but I straightened it out for today; my hair is a little bit longer than shoulder length, maybe a quarter way; I have piercing green eyes and clear, even skin tone that isn't tan, but definitely not pale. Some people say I give myself too much credit, but honestly I think they are just haters. 
If you were to ask one of my friends a few key things about me they'd sayAnnoyednbsp;
Sophisticated 
Classy 
Organized 
A talented pianist 
Smart 
Intuitive 
Rich 
Clever 
Popular 
Determined 
Beautiful.... 
I-- I mean-- They could go on forever. 
I'm also the type of girl who likes to get what I want, when I want it; if you try to get in the way of that-- well-- good luck. 
So that you know me, I should go and eat breakfast and introduce you to the rest of my family. 
I walked out of my bedroom, a smile plastered on my face. I walked pass the house keeper, Hanna, who was dusting an expensive vase my father got on our vacation to Africa last summer
I smiled at the memory as I entered the dining area where mother and my younger sister, Wesley, was sitting. "Morning Wes," I said in A chipper tone as I took a seat next to her. She glanced up at me from her plate and mumbled something like "What is good about this Morning.?" I ignored Wesley's typical pessimistic personality and grabbed a muffin and boiled egg from the serving plate that sat in the middle of the table and sat it on my plate. I poured a half of glass of orange juice and grabbed an apple and slipped it in my bag for an after school snack. "Someone is in a sickeningly good mood," Mother mumbled as she peered through her glasses at her planner. I unwrapped the muffin and took a small bite. "Today IS the big day you know," I said in a "duh, You should know that already" tone. Wesley scoffed and looked up from her phone. "It's just school; nothing worth having a good mood over," she mumbled. I rolled my eyes. Wesley has always been a bit of a pessimist. I've tried to snap her out of it a few times but ever time she always says "There is nothing wrong with being a pessimist, either your pleasantly surprised or you're always right." She had a point there, though. Anyways, I just decided to stay out of her personal affairs and let her be her own person. I guess everyone can't be like me. 
it has always mad me feel bad when she called herself ugly. She's actually gorgeous with dark, glossy brown hair, big brown eyes and a medium height and slim figure. She could actually look nice if she brushed her hair and put some efforts into her clothes! 
"Eighth grade isn't anything to be in a good mood about; but 11th grade is going to be magical," I said wistfully as I bit into my muffin. Wesley rolled her eyes. Mother scoffed. Why are they being so negative? High school isn't all that bad-- well for me it isn't. "Keep dreaming', Tessa," Mother smirked. "High school was complete torture for me- especially junior year. I had that same foolish optimistic attitude and just ended up making a fool of myself and falling flat on my face-- metaphorically and literally." 
Wesley chuckled. 
"Tell the story of how your prom dress ended up cut straight down the middle-- that one never gets old," She said childishly-- well she is thirteen but still... 
I crossed my arms across my chest. Nice to know I have my family's support. I rolled my eyes. As mother began re-telling the tale of her junior prom, Jessi and Emma waltz into the room hand in hand. I stood up from the table and greeted them with hugs. "You girls ready for An epic year?" I asked with a smile on my lips. Jessi flipped her long straight golden blonde hair over her shoulder as she smacked obnoxiously on gum. 
"Duh!" She replied cheekily. Emma quietly nodded and snatched her hand away from Jessi and crossed her arms. Strange. Emma is never quiet. Either she is rambling on about her last soccer tournament or David Beckham or eating-- that reminds me... she didn't even attack the breakfast that was sitting out on the table. I shrugged it off; maybe she's sick. "You look really cute! Rate me, please?" Jessi whined annoyingly. Sometimes it gets a little annoying how she acts like a fifth grader who wants in with the "cool, middle school kids". She wouldn't be the same, without her immaturity, though. Her amazing sense of style really levels her out though. I would almost say that she is more fashionable than me-- ALMOST! 
I nodded and looked over her outfit. She wore a navy and dark green plaid skirt, black lacy tights, dark blue heels, a white Marion Prep fuzzy sweater tucked into the skirt and a cute dark blue scarf. "Hmm, definitely seven worthy; the white sweater is cute but it doesn't compliment the outfit well," I stated. 
Emma snickered, earning a death glare from Emma. 
"Rate me?" She asked, still stifling her laugh. 
I nodded and turned to face Emma; I looked over her outfit-- which was just as good as mine (definitely NOT better). 
She wore the same skirt as Jessi's but hers was red and blue, black knee-high socks, yellow ballet flats, a dark green polo tucked into the skirt and a black lace shoulder bag; she also wore a rhinestone choker and bracelet set. Edgy but cute, yet simple: Definitely Ten worthy-- but that would give her more points than my outfit. 
Rules of being a New York Alpha#1: NEVER rate someone's outfit better than yours-- even if it is! 
"Nine!" I said simply. Jessi scoffed and glared at Emma who smiled triumphantly. Jessi opened her mouth to say something snappy but I quickly stepped in between the two. 
"Now, now girls don't start to quarrel like children," I said. "That was acceptable when we were little, childish sophmores; but now we are women, we are juniors!" 
Jessi crossed her arms in defeat; Emma nodded and smiled in agreement. These two almost never get along. 
I held out my arms and they hooked their arms with mine. "Now let's go; wouldn't want to be late," I said as a smile played on my lips. I walked out of the loft feeling fresh, confident, and beautiful; and most of all, Ready to take on junior year. 
AUTHORS NOTEAnnoyednbsp;
What do ya think? Next chapter will have more people in it and will most likely have three, shorter parts! I'm so excited to introduce new people! Tell me what you think! XD don't forget to read the Cast so you'll get a better description of what they look like! Big Grin COMMENT!

Love you all! ♥

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

_thumb_100x100

We have all played the famous game Sudoku, now play it online with this Classic ...

latest forum posts

LAST 1 TO POST WINS ! ! :D

Count to 500

Count to 500

Count to 500

Count to 500

Count to 500