Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Poetry & Stories
Show your creative writing side to other users.

Hard Times

Posted By:
lightshadow
lightshadow
StarStarStarStarStar
I rubbed my eyes and looked around my dark room It was quite early and that I was sure of. I pulled on a thick wall jumper and walked downstairs half stumbling from still being sleepy. "Morning dad." I call out, he must be in the forge, I think. I make a bowl of porridge for us both and walk into the forge, it’s the warmest part of our small home and we spend a lot of our time in here. He smiles up at him from wear he's sitting working at the anvil. "Thanks Heather, I needed to get the fire burning, I was about to get food, but you beat me to it." He smiled softly and we sat mostly in silence as we ate the tasteless bowl of yuck. I should be grateful, a lot of people don't even get a stale piece of bread for breakfast and we get a whole bowl of porridge. I wonder what it’d be like if my mum hadn’t been taken by the Collist, I hope she’s still alive and well because me and my dad plan to rescue her, when we can. “That was really yummy, thank you Heather.” My dad says smiling. “As yummy as porridge can get.” I add taking his empty bowl. “I’ll see to the animals, you continue in here.” I say with my small smile that feels forced even now, after 6 months of my mum being kidnapped by the Collist. The Collist are a group of men of kidnap females and try and get the men of the houses to rescue them they then slay both the woman and the man, well this happens a lot sometimes they let them go with a few cuts and that’s it. I dress in tan trousers and a grey tunic. I then pull on a brown jacket and brown boots. I dress like a boy so that I don’t get taken to, it’d break my dad’s heart all the way if I was. I walk outside with a milk pale and a paper bag full of grain. “Buttercup! Rex! Mini!” these are the names of our cows, Buttercup is mother of Mini –a young calf- and Rex is her father. They walk over to the side of the fence and moo in joy of getting food other than grass. “Hello my lovelies.” I milk Buttercup and feed them their daily bucket of cow mix. I then feed the 3 chickens Midnight a jet black hen that’s rather large, Spotty a brown one with lots of white speckles and GeGe who’s a ginger gold colour all over and then there Bob and red rooster who never caws in the morning, only in the late afternoon, early evening in mourning for my mother who raised him. I find the eggs from around the garden and put them in my basket, I feed Shepard the sheep, he gives us wool, and finally I go to the stables to feed and brush Ivy my bay horse. She whinnies when she see’s me and I spend about 15 minutes brushing her until me dad shouts for me to come in, his voice is urgent. 

☆When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life you have a thousand reasons laugh☆
2500th post! 14/10/2013 - About 10:35

Hard Times

Posted By:
hollybl2468
hollybl2468
StarStarStarStarStar
(This is really good :3. Keep writing!)

Private Message Below -- Do Not Read

SPOILER

Hard Times

Posted By:
WizardGirl3311
WizardGirl3311
StarStarStarStarStar
I love your story! Keep It going!

A signature pic. (Thanks, MechanicWolf!)

No roleplay is quite the same, no matter how many times we use the same plot. Each one presents a new challenge, a new adventure.

Hard Times

Posted By:
Baby260
Baby260
StarStarStarStarStar
Amazing Smile Nose 

Hard Times

Posted By:
lightshadow
lightshadow
StarStarStarStarStar
 I run in to a young man who can’t be much older than me lying on the floor, he looks like he’s dragged himself into our house and then blacked out. “He’s alive, but needs your healers hand Harry.” My dad says sternly. He calls me Harry around people who don’t know I’m a girl because it’s safer. I tell my dad a list of herbs to get from the garden and he goes off to get them. I boil water in a pan and mix it with salt. I roll up the boy trousers and clean the wound, it’s not too deep, but its very dirty and still could get infected. My dad brings in the herbs and I grind them together into a paste, I then mix it mix boiling water and go on to put lemon in. I dab the oil on his wound and he clearly feels it stinging when I put the oil on, I wrap and bandage around the wound and tie it securely. “He should be fine, but I’ll need to go into town to get some medicine that I can’t make myself.” I give my dad orders and tell him when to re-apply the dressing. I put my bag over my shoulder and leap onto Ivy “Come on girl!” I kick her sides softly and she walks out of the garden, I nudge her to trot then canter and finally gallop. I get into town with about 20 minutes and dismount. I leave Ivy outside the shop and walk in “’Hello young master Harry!” Says the over cheerful shop keeper. I smile at him and look at the high wooden shelves “What are you looking for Harry?” The man asks. The shop keeper is Mr. Gizzard, he doesn't know I’m a girl and treats me like a young lad rather than a young girl. I find it it’s a small wooden pot, which I open up and check the contains, inside is a think yellow paste. “This…” I mutter Mr. Gizzard takes it and checks the price “This is a rarely bought substance; I’ll give it to you for 5 gold coins.” He looks at me through is ugly brown glasses. “2 gold 5 silver!” I reply my voice firm and ready for a haggle. “3 and 9.” He throws back. “3” I say boldly, I take it from his hand and look at him judgingly. “3 and 7, final offer!” I shake my head and go to put it back on the shelf. “I’ll go to Mr. Gorges, he sells it for 3 and 1.” I say half to myself and half to Mr. Gizzard he then grabs my hand “2 and 9! 2 and 9!!!” His behavior is so shocking I just hand him the money and take a wooden pot larger than the first and walk out, he doesn't even notice, and probably never will.

☆When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life you have a thousand reasons laugh☆

Hard Times

Posted By:
goldenlocks24
goldenlocks24
StarStarStarStarStar
Omg! Soo cool!

Stay Strong
Estancia fuerte

Hard Times

Posted By:
lightshadow
lightshadow
StarStarStarStarStar
Thanks, the mods didn't like it... I got a warning Frown

Hard Times

Posted By:
WizardGirl3311
WizardGirl3311
StarStarStarStarStar
I thought it was good.  Wink

A signature pic. (Thanks, MechanicWolf!)

No roleplay is quite the same, no matter how many times we use the same plot. Each one presents a new challenge, a new adventure.

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Hour-of-code-tumb

Millions of Students will be doing an Hour of Code with Tynker December 8th-14th...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

latest forum posts

What is your Username?

Is Religion Real?

Ferguson

How Many Of Your Friends Are Online?

Ferguson

Ferguson

latest videos