Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Poetry & Stories
Show your creative writing side to other users.

All On Her Own

Posted By:
LadyRainicorn
LadyRainicorn
StarStarStarStar
Terra felt....bad. Just bad. No other way to describe it. A bus accident killed her older brother and every single one of her friends......and she barely survived the accident, with major damage to her midsection.  Not only had she crashed harshly in the bus, but had landed on a broken window.  And fell through.  It wasn't a long fall, just a bad one onto the pavement.  She had a lot of surgeries and physical therapy afterward.  It had now been one year, and they made a lot of progress to where Terra could go back home, and continue as a normal person.
One thing was a problem: Her parents were gone due to a LONG business trip to Canada.  Her older brother had been taking care of her because he had a job and a car, but now......and on top, the trip had two more years left in it, and there was no way to tell them with the phone service cancelled, no computers, and no money to buy anything. All the money in her brother's account had been used to pay for hospital bills. Terra's college account, too.  At 14, she had to find a job somewhere to pay for food and electricity and plumbing. And, of course, school costs. Clothes would have to be a minor need.....she only needed a couple of outfits to keep her going, and a school uniform.  Now, just for finding the job.......

OMG SO INTENSE Lady

It's a Double Rainicorn! Whoa!
Creepy Horse
Look at it.

All On Her Own

Posted By:
until.the.world.meet.me
until.the.world.meet.me
StarStarStarStarStar
Wow! This is great !

blooming Flower Gif
❥ѕмιℓє, ℓσνє ιт'ѕ gσσ∂ fσя уσυ❥

All On Her Own

Posted By:
LadyRainicorn
LadyRainicorn
StarStarStarStar
Thanks! But I wasn't finished posting when my laptop went funky after I barley touched the pad, so there's more.

OMG SO INTENSE Lady

Creepy Horse
Look at it.

All On Her Own

Posted By:
monstre
monstre
Star
-waits for more- Big Grin

Depressed?
Earphones in,
Volume Up.
Ignore the world

All On Her Own

Posted By:
LadyRainicorn
LadyRainicorn
StarStarStarStar
(Thanks for all the comments! And I came up with some more!)
"I'm sure there are lots of places that will take my offer. After all, brother managed to get one."
Terra was telling herself these things, but on the inside knew she would have to get really lucky to snag a job. No one liked to have younger teens. A lot of places viewed them as irresponsible or too childlike. You had to be about  15 or 16 to get something good. A teen at 14 would have to be a last resort.
Luckily,  Jane's Flower Gallery was just the place.

Terra was ready to give up. Six places had denied her quickly already.  Then she passed by the local flower shop with a "Help Wanted" sign hanging on the door. Well, I'm not that good with flowers, but maybe I can assort them or price them or whatever. 
A cheery older woman greeted her.
"Welcome to Jane's Flower Gallery! How may I help you?"
"I'd like to apply for that job."
"That job? You mean, those jobs, because I'm the only employee here, and also the owner. " Jane bustled to one side of the counter and started rearranging a bouquet. Yet she continued, " You look a little  young, though, dear. How old are you? And any past experience?"
"I'm 14. And I'm sorry to say I've never had a job. "
"Ok....can you do just simple tasks for me? I just need a helper around here."
"Yes! I really need this. Thank you!"
"Tomorrow, will you come in at 6:30?"
"Sure!"
It was a success! Soon she could make it by herself,and when her parents came home, everything would seem all well.....except for the missing college funds and her dead brother.

OMG SO INTENSE Lady

Creepy Horse
Look at it.

All On Her Own

Posted By:
monstre
monstre
Star
hmm I wonder what the parents reaction would be.. 

Depressed?
Earphones in,
Volume Up.
Ignore the world

All On Her Own

Posted By:
LadyRainicorn
LadyRainicorn
StarStarStarStar

(Later in the story it will come up, but for now, let's focus on this chapter.)
School had started for Terra. It only made her busier. Study and work was all she did, never having contact with another soul for the fear they would be taken away, and besides,  she only had time to business. After school was crammed with her work shift, and on Sundays she worked double shift.  The first half of Saturday was used for homework.  Money came in, though, and her life became regular, despite a little lonely.
She bought a bike three months after to start making bouquet deliveries. And Jane was a very nice woman whom Terra told all about  the accident and her parents. Jane taught Terra how to plant and take care of flowers. Terra took well to this, and often did so in the shop.
(Now things are going to go a little bizarre...)
A shady man came into the shop one day.  "Welcome to Jane's Flower Gallery! How may I help you today, sir?" Terra greeted the man.
"I would like....some money."
"Okay, sir, that's quite a joke. May I interest you in any sort of flower arrangements or bouquets, or maybe some seeds?" Terra replied, honestly feeling a little scared. Maybe he was joking.  Or.... the more likely option, he was about to rob the shop.
"I told you! I want some money! Now give it up, little girl!" The man pulled out a shotgun.
"Umm...okay, okay! I'll give it to you! Just let me go get it from the safe, okay?" Terra hoped he was dumb enough to let her go get the phone and call the cops.
"Think you are real smart, huh? You're tricky, I bet. So since you haven't done anything yet, I'll let you live. But in a closet."
The man picked Terra up like she was a bag of potatoes and threw her in a supply closet.  He grabbed some rope from his pocket and bound her feet and hands.
"So now you can't get crafty."
He locked the door and left her. How long will he be here? And when will somebody find me?

OMG SO INTENSE Lady

Creepy Horse
Look at it.

All On Her Own

Posted By:
Evea
Evea
StarStarStarStar
too much telling. try showing. 

sig

All On Her Own

Posted By:
Bearkitty1
Bearkitty1
StarStar
hey, good job, lady rainicorn!

I am me, and there aren't any other words for it. Oh, except maybe awesome. And nerd. Or maybe genius, and nerd. Oh, and did I mention nerd? Don't forget ner... Okay, I think I'm getting a bit to carried away. Sorry 'bout that. Big Grin

All On Her Own

Posted By:
LadyRainicorn
LadyRainicorn
StarStarStarStar

"Evea" wrote:

too much telling. try showing. 
Okay, I'll keep that for future reference. I really am surprised that anybody even thinks it ok, because I don't write too seriously. I just really put down stuff when I'm bored. (You won't believe the awful and stupid ideas I've had before.)  And thanks for everyone else who has commented! Soon I should have more.

OMG SO INTENSE Lady

Creepy Horse
Look at it.

← Previous 1

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

Whos ur fav youtuber?

Favorite song?

What Are You Listening To Right Now - 2014

NICKELBACK

Do you find the new Simon Swipe game easie...

Do you find the new Simon Swipe game easie...

latest videos