Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Poetry & Stories
Show your creative writing side to other users.

My ArmA War Stories.

Posted By:
jake01_1171495 Lock
jake01_1171495
StarStarStarStarStar

My name is Jake and I take part in a Mil-sim game called ArmA. The most realistic game out. I am in a realism unit known as the 17th MEU and was formally with the 15th MEU. We take gaming and role play to the next level. My unit consist of 325 men 17-36 years of age, Most are former military/active duty military. Along with civilians we play and conduct military operations just like in actual life. 

I am a trained Pilot within the 17th MEU.

I fly MH-60 blackhawks with Fast rope capabilities. My role is to provide support and transport for ground assets.  I am also a trained demo expert. I love explosions. 

Here are a few stories of my operations with my unit. 

Feel free to ask questions or leave feedback. It is much appreciated and encouraged. 

Today, October 12, 2013, is my last day on KW.
Goodbye everyone! Have a good life!

Proud Republican

*If you want to live, don't be afraid to die* - Jake Cross

Gumi supports 2nd amendment.
Why don't you?

My ArmA War Stories.

Posted By:
jake01_1171495 Lock
jake01_1171495
StarStarStarStarStar

Date: SEP 17 2013

Time: 2300

Operation Raging Eagle

Viper is our Air support

Titan Is our M1A1 Abram armor unit

Briefing:  We have a squad sized force, (Squad is 12 men, three fire teams), moving into Falujah to take down multiple AA emplacements from SAM sites to ZSU-23-4 SHILKA self propelled AA guns. Gonna love taking these out. We have Howitzer teams standing by for fire missions but hopefully we wont need it. 

We will also have Titan rolling with us to keep the Armor off of us. Don't really wanna deal with any BMPs or T-62s rolling up on us messing things up. I'd rather have the Abrams on our side to even out the playing field. LOADS of civilians are in the area so we HAVE to keep collateral to a minimal. 
We roll out at 2300. Can't wait to get started.

Log:

Usually I keep a time log but didn't for this one.. But...We got ready and headed out. It took my team 30 minutes to get into the AO but once we did it was quiet for once. We kept in the alleys to keep from attracting too much attention. We got about 500 m out from the first SA-8 Gecko 9K33 OSA Surface to air missile launcher. We had a 15 minute firefight but cleared out and I used C4 for the first time  I used a clacker. After the boom we moved south to clear the next one. That was the easiest fight I had ever been in. Didn't really feel in danger at the time.

It wasn't too far but once we reached the next one. We met up with an enemy  BMP. I hate those so much..... My team took cover in a building and waited for Titan to get it done. They were going to clear out the BMP and keep the road surpressed. Right when Titan rolled up right before he fired he said, "Here, Have some freedom" *Boom!* I almost died laughing. We had to hurry out after that. Titan was taking RPG fire. One rocket had already bounced off the armor into the ground. They we wounded. He had been hit in the upper right thigh. Which was very bad... He was out for a bit with two guys working on him. It was a long firefight and every time we would try and move up we would just have to fall back because we would become pinned. We could hear the bullets comming past our heads and we could see the dust kick up from where the rounds would land close to us. That whole deal was about an hour long. In the process I used a SMAW HEDP rocket and took out the next SA-8 Gecko 9K33 OSA SAM. I hate those things with a passion. But they make nice 'splosions Our medic turned out alright and we pressed on.

After a 20 minute walk we came under fire near Hwy 11. That wasn't normal because we had cleared that out before since Highway 11 was our MSR. We were fighting across the street back and forth for a while. Titan would pin the Iraqis while we would move to a better angle. My team ended up on some roof tops and ended up gaining a tactical advantage. After we had gotten the all clear from one fireteam alpha we regrouped and move onwards. We eventually came up on one out of two ZSU-23-4 SHILKA Self propelled AA guns. It works with a crew, much like a tank. But the crew was killed in the firefight so we just popped it from there.

It turned out the SECOND one was right beside it and we didnt see 
it when we came across the street. We rounded the corner and the thing was looking right at us. I called for everyone to fall back but the gunner had a PKM HMG on the outside of it and started firing. I took a round in the right side of my chest and was bleeding a good bit. I didn't have time to work with a medic and we were all out of explosives due to missing a shot from the roof tops when we were under fire. So we were stuck. After about a minute of thinking I decided we would have to get up close.

I had my squad split into its three fireteams. Alpha, Bravo, and Charlie. Alpha was to hold while Charlie flanked from the right and Bravo from the left. We popped smoke to cover our movement . I moved with Bravo and we got behind the vehicle but met resistance with Charlie. I knew if we could take out that AA we could call air support from Viper. We kept fighting I got one of my fireteam leaders to fire his M203 with smoke grenades. He fired a path of 4 grenades to cover my advance. I ran using the cover and got C4 Planted with a clacker attached. As I was running Back I was hit in the right leg forcing me to the ground. I couldn't walk at all. I could hear non-stop firing from Bravo and Charlie. They were suppressing like crazy. They knew what they were doing. Heh, it was the one time I could count on the ground forces doing something right for once. As soon as I got back we all took cover and boom. Cleared it up real quick. I loved it.

Once that was done there was more fighting than before. My RTO was trying to talk with Viper at the time. We all fell back across the street and held off a few buildings.Titan was RTB from damage and fuel. We kept the fighting up for 2 straight hours. I eventually passed out from blood loss and when you pass out it causes you to fade in and out. The fighting was intense. The Corpsman was in a different building so all they could do was just try and keep me stable. After a while I was fading in and out slower. Meaning I was near death.

I eventually herd a gunship outside and was hoping like crazy it was friendly. Turns out it was Viper with an AH-64 to provide support and a UH-60 to act as a MEDEVAC. I was carried on a stretcher to the heli and got out safely. Viper was rocking the worlds of anyone who dared mess with us as we left and they covered my squads escape. The rest of my team made it back with two wounded. But everyone was alive and AA had been taken out. 

Sounds successful. Captain still yelled at me for being wounded of course but I knew he was proud. Soon we head out again to deal with enemy armor. 

This is only phase one of Operation Raging Eagle.

Proud Republican

Why don't you?

My ArmA War Stories.

Posted By:
Visual Aid
Visual Aid
StarStarStarStar
That was very interesting, hope to see more  Big Grin

That moment when everyone thinks you left and they start talking bad about you, so you just sit there like ._.

I can be a very anxious person...

My ArmA War Stories.

Posted By:
jake01_1171495 Lock
jake01_1171495
StarStarStarStarStar

Location: Al Fallujah Airport currently controlled by 17th MEU, Southern Fallujah, Iraq.

Date:  SEP 1 2013 ( Before the first story)

Time: 1500 

Prior to Operation Raging Eagle

I am operating with Viper 1 who is tasked with transporting a special forces team and who is to be on standby for supporting ground forces.

I will be flying a MH-60 Black Hawk with Fast rope capabilities. Armed with two(2) 7.62 Miniguns carrying 1500 rounds of tracer ammunition in each.

The convoy consists of Five 5t trucks closed body with 3 Humvees (M2 MG) 1 Humvee (Mark 19GL) And an avenger anti aircraft system. 

Personal Briefing: So tonight I help protect a convoy we have moving along Highway 11 running straight through Fallujah... Kinda high profile to throw Viper out there. A 10 vehicle convoy carrying ammunition and supplies for FOB Tango just north of the city. Along with another trip straight down highway 11 across the Euphrates river for another FOB that's going to hold a quick response force from the USMC.

I was told to expect moderate resistance. Hopefully no AA in the area. We just can NOT lose anything from the convoy. I'm flying the MH-60K Blackhawk tonight armed with two 7.62mm Mini guns. Carrying 1500 rounds in each. Lets hope we dont take any fire tonight. Captain is drilling it in my head to keep watch. Time is 1500 so no need for NV but we have a UAV with thermal flying above so we can hopefully see them before they see us. This is a VERY urban environment collateral damage is something we need to watch for.

Operation With time log:

1502: Squads Alpha and Bravo were told to load up in the vehicles. Viper is to start engines and Delta teams load in with Viper. 16 men with Alpha. 16 with Bravo. 6 With Delta. 2 with Viper. (Myself and co-pilot)

1505: Cleared to begin. Vechiles start rolling. Dust off of Viper 1. Viper 1 is airborne 

1520: I (Viper) start to get a reading of a missile lock on. I decided it would be best to fly lower. Viper lowers its alt. to 300m above the ground. 

Convoy is reporting shots fired and is engaging hostiles. Just reported that they just got onto Highway 11 MSR route.

1523: A missile had been fired at  Viper 1. I tired to pull off to the right but we were hit by AA fire and had to make an emergency landing in a field just north of HWY 11. The main rotor had lost all power but we still had control. We barely made it. I was taught auto rotation and how to land if we lost power.  No casualties but one wounded and that was my Co-pilot.
1528- Viper 1-1 has now formed up with convoy call sign Alpha. Viper 1 is being led by Capt. Steel.
Alpha by Maj. Connors. Fighting has stopped for now. May just be regrouping but we readied ourselves for anything they threw at us.
1533- Convoy is back under fire. Multiple rockets have been fired. Just lost the first truck. Viper 1 dismounted and has  arrived  to secure site. 2 KIA. Sgt. Cameron J.  LCpl. James B. 

Viper 1 is now tasked to move on foot with Delta to keep convoy secure. 

1602- Alpha is still taking RPG fire and has lost another supply truck. Viper 1 has arrived at the vehicle site to check for survivors. 
2 KIA SFC. Kevin B. PFC. Kyle B.

After securing the site Viper moved within the alley ways to flank around any forward enemy elements that may be prepping to fire on the convoy. This is extremely close combat.

1608- Gunner of the second Humvee was fatally wounded. KIA LCpl. Alvin G. 

My team is still moving along the alleyways, No wounded from Viper.

1614- I was wounded in the left arm. Corpsman is on his way. Nothing fatal. Got fixed up and moving again.
1632- Lead Humvee was hit by IED. Viper 1 is moving to secure site.

1638- Viper has secured destroyed Humvee.

2 KIA. Maj. Connors. SSgt. Lewis Hartford.
1643- Convoy is pulling back for re-positioning. Viper 1 is to clear up the remaining hostiles forces along Hwy 11. AH-64 is on standby for support. Of course we never called for them to support when we most needed it.
1651- Viper 1 has became pinned and is holding in a building south of Hwy 11. One KIA from Viper 1-1
KIA WO1 Jake C..... Lt. Nando L. didn't watch his corner and one was up on the roof of that building he was supposed to cover. He just went full auto and I was hit in the throat.  I'm mad Lt. You're gonna hear it later.

All I know is 1734 is when the rest of the convoy arrived to FOB Zulu. No more trucks were lost but 2 other soldiers from Alpha were KIA.

Overall the mission was completed. But I got hounded at by my Captain. The FOB is operational and it was much easier to move in and out supplies after that first run.

Not the best run I've had but certainly the second bloodiest. 

Proud Republican

Why don't you?

My ArmA War Stories.

Posted By:
jake01_1171495 Lock
jake01_1171495
StarStarStarStarStar

Date: AUG 27 2013

Time: 1400

Prior to Operation Raging Eagle

Situation:  I was with a fire team (4 man including myself) and we were running through training using C4 with attaching a safety cable and using Clackers. Along with training with using M2 and M4 slam explosive mines. We had a Humvee with us equipped with a roof mounted M2 HMG. The gun had thick metal walls surrounding it so it was pretty well protected, or so I thought. 

As soon as it was time for me to lay out my M2 explosive charge we came under fire from an unknown direction. Being the highest rank out in the field I decided to take charge and get the team into a cover position. All we had was the vehicle and a small stone platform that came about waist high at its highest point. We were in some trouble. We had no squads in the area on standby nor any support available. 

Well..... Ended up pinned down and I used the Humvee for cover while the other three guys held at the wall facing into the city. It was heavy and within the first 5 minutes we took our first casualty, Cpl. E. Armstrong. He took a round straight to the head. It was sudden.... We were under heavy fire and I knew that wouldn't be our last wounded soldier if we didn't do something.

With little time to think and rounds flying past my head I decided I would get in the Humvee and use the gun on top. I was in the gunners spot with a M2 trying to suppress for about 10 minutes, and it was going very well, until I took a round in the arm. Despite being wounded I kept firing away.I herd the pinging of the rounds hitting the vehicle and the inch or two thick of metal that was keeping me alive. Every 100 rounds I would have to stop and reload a new box of ammo. Thats when I needed the other two men to keep them pinned long enough. I had attracted A LOT of attention at the time and I don't think they liked me.

I had stopped firing due to having to reload and one of the soldiers rifles had jammed while the other was reloading. Meaning we had zero output for the moment. That was a bad situation. While reloading I saw a man run out into the open and take aim at me. I was helpless. He fired a single shot into chest which knocked me out from the impact. I fell into the Humvee and was unconscious for a bit from shock. As soon as the Marine with the jammed rifle had unjammed it, he popped the man straight in the head. I was out for a bit.

After I finally came to we were still under heavy fire. Luckily it was only from our south facing the city so we only had to worry about one direction and not getting flanked. Once I got info that we had a squad on standby I called in for reinforcements. A 7 man team was to be dropped just north of our position by a UH-60 and form us with us to fend off any threats. Well things didn't go as planned. On the way to our position the Heli was shot down but the team made it out just fine by jumping early. They were dropped too far from us and would have  to fight to reach us. They never made it.

So its just me and 2 others and I was still wounded at the time fading in and out of consciousness due to blood loss.. I go to pop smoke so we could move and I take a round in the knee and it shattered the kneecap keeping me from walking anymore. I moved back to the Humvee and used it for cover and support. We fought for around  30 more minutes. Rockets flying over and very little cover. I was scared. I didn't know what to expect. We were running low on ammo and I was watching as the Marines were taking ammo of their fallen team mates rig.

Things were looking bad. But it got worse. I was beside the vehicle and herd one of the rockets coming close. I knew I had to move or suffer gravely.  Due to the wound to the leg I couldn't move fast enough and a RPG had hit the broad side of the vehicle and it was done. The explosion caused shrapnel to enter my upper body and I was KIA. Both Marines were still alive and fighting at the time. The other squad wasn't doing so well either. Having been shot down they stayed down near the Heli to keep it secure. Their team currently has 2 KIA and 3 wounded out of a 7 man team. Leaving them combat ineffective. The rest of my team is still pinned and cannot get support at all due to AA in the area.  

Well, once I was gone I was told that after 10 more minutes of fighting, one of the Marines got onto my radio and called into the FOB. Due to being an urgent mayday situation, Titan, our M1A1 CSAMM Abrams platoon, was called in to assist. First with meeting up with my team then heading out to the crash site. Once Titan reached my team, both members were wounded. Out of ammo they fell back, each moving a body, to the Abrams. Titan delivered freedom with its cannons and rolled out to the crash site. 

Once arriving to the site, the team had held it off well. There were 2 KIA from the support squad. One of the Pilots was KIA but the other was messed up from the waist down. They worked to get everyone back to the FOB. Once back the Pilot and my team was treated for wounds. 

In the end we learned not to head out without extra firepower.

Proud Republican

Why don't you?

My ArmA War Stories.

Posted By:
jake01_1171495 Lock
jake01_1171495
StarStarStarStarStar

Date: SEPT 28 2013

Time: 0655

Training mission with my good friend A16.

So A16 and I thought it would be fun to try out ArmA 2 together. Well myself being experienced I decided I would do a small training mission on the smallest map. I would teach the basics of controls and how to operate in a firefight.

We were up against 6 fire team sized groups of insurgence. Our team was consisted of 3 rifleman and one medic (Myself) Once we got through the painful setting up phase we got ready to take on a town full of enemies

We started off just NW of the AO. It was close enough you could see and engage hostiles from our position. They started firing on us not long after starting. After about 10 minutes of teaching controls. which was hard enough without being shot at, we opened up on the town still a good ways off. A16 moved up to a vehicle I had set up for cover and used the back end for cover while I used the front.

I had a few weapon crates near by considering we were at our own FOB so I decided to search them. Luckily we had a launcher crate which helt anti tank, anti air, and anti personnel launchers.I decided it would be best to clear out some of the personnel we had down there. I took a SMAW launcher and fired 3 HEDP rockets into the town killing about 8 men total. During firing one of the rockets I had been hit. in the chest but my vest stopped the round and we continued on.

Soon after finishing my rounds I fell back and formed back up with A16. I decided it was best time to move up and take up a better firing position. I ordered my other buddy team to hold at the vehicle and provide covering fire while we ran down the hill into an old shack looking building. On our way down we met a few hostiles. I didn't stop moving. I strafed and fired killing one and injuring another. Soon after we reached the shack. It had two open ends and a small doorway on each side. It was large enough to fit in a small plane.

Apon reaching the shack, I told A16 to take cover and fire giving the other buddy team time to move. We held off about 10 minutes. Each one seeming longer than the last. The fighting was heavy. Multiple times we would have to back into the shack due to rounds flying too close to us. At one point I had to use my map to find a position for my other team. During this time A16 had to keep me covered due to me being completely unaware at the time. No sooner than when I had put it away, there was a man standing in the large open area near the back with a PKM LMG about to fire on us. I quickly switched my M4 to full auto and just fired a full mag luckily hitting him. We had also herd an enemy BTR in the area so we decided we would hold until it passed.

Once we had herd it was clear, A16 and I moved down the hill to start clearing out the rest of the town as well as link up with the other buddy team. On our way down we met multiple hostiles who hadn't spotted us. I remember hitting one of them while he was behind a bush. The other one had noticed us and took aim at A16 but I fired and watched him run behind one of the buildings. He kept leaning out and I just couldn't hit him... I finally needed to reload but I noticed he was charging us so I had to switch to my service M9. I took him down in a few shots but noticed another man was crawling. I shot 8 shots and missed every one... I didn't qualify well with my M9. The rounds kept hitting above my target. I reloaded and tried again until I hit him in the head. 

Once my team reached us we were still holding by the house where that one guy was killed in the bushes. I had A16 cover the side while I moved around the other to check if it was clear. Luckily it was. It was time for my team to sweep through the town and clear it out. We walked for a good 10 minutes finding someone every now and then. A good ways in we herd multiple explosions and got down. Turned out to be enemy MI-8 Helos.... We didn't have the firepower to take them down so we just waited it out hoping they would leave. It was tense waiting. But eventually they did leave.

Once we got moving again we got into a diamond formation and proceeded up the main road to the end of the town. Once we got to the top there was a truck that had sounded like it had been running. I mentioned it and readied myself. Shots rang out from beside the truck but I couldn't see him. I was shot once in the arm which caused me to move back behind the truck but I popped out again hoping I could hit him. I was Hit in the arm again and decided to let my team take him out. My aim was now off and I couldn't do too much but I got fixed up afterward. 

As we started walking past the truck we see that the man wasn't dead but wounded and with his hands behind his head... He was surrendering. I held my M9 to his head and asked A16 what we should do. She said show mercy and let him live. I didn't like the idea considering he shot me twice but I walked away. Although there was still the enemy truck. I had picked up an RPG off a guy earlier with one rocket just in case the helos from before would attack us. I used it to fire at the truck that the guy was standing beside. That was one lucky man. Not a single thing hit him. I got a little mad and just took my M4 and shot him dead in the chest,

Now that we had just finished clearing out the whole town, I decided it was time to head back. I told my team to standby at the front of the town and that i would be back with a MH-60. I returned and picked my team up. A16 was in the left gunner's spot with a M240 MG. We took off and flew over an airfield that was for some reason covered in cows? It was strange....Anyways, we had flew over the airfield then over one of the major cities. East of that city we had friendlies fighting 2 BTRs and they were in dire need of support. So I flew my chopper within range to become effective. No sooner had I lowered myself we had started taking small arms fire and had to pull back for a moment. 

By now A16 was engaging the BTR that was till operational as well as anyone who tried to leave the vehicle. The BTR was now pulling off and I said I would try and keep up with it so we could take them out. Well turns out they had fired a few well placed shots and took our our main rotors hydraulics causing us to crash without a chance of my landing safely. My entire team was KIA. 

Although we were KIA, we had completed the main mission so it wasn't a total loss. I do have to say though, I have never seen someone learn the controls as fast as A16 did. She did great not getting hit a single time and multiple confirmed kills. I'd gladly fight again along side her any day.

Proud Republican

Why don't you?

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

Cheeseburger or hotdog?

Cheeseburger or hotdog?

The Good Gamer's Tier List to games.

What is your favorite Pokemon?

How much battery has you got right now?

What is your favorite anime?

latest videos