Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Poetry & Stories
Show your creative writing side to other users.

The Outcast - Ch.6

Posted By:
Team Audi #46
Team Audi #46
StarStarStarStarStar
So sorry for the delay. I have been busy with a bunch of stuff happening lately. One of them was me getting a job. That might hinder my story a little but, I will try my best to start dishing these out like hot-cakes for you.

Don't forget to read the past chapters so you aren't reading this, not knowing what is going on. I honestly wish I could keep all of this together but, my chapters are much too long for KW to like them so, they must be broken up. Enough of me, let's get to the story! Whoo!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~3rd Person~

Prunia and the rest of the team looked in a sort of shock at what Zero said. They looked at each other than back at Zero.

“We’re gunna discuss this considering the suddenness of it,” Prunia said to Zero. He nodded in agreement.

They huddled up and were whispering amongst themselves, making sure that Zero couldn’t hear any of what they were talking about.

“Well, what do you think,” Prunia asked her teammates.

“I think we should give him a chance. He has potential and I don’t see him as the type that would betray us,” Quake said.

“Yeah. I agree with Quake. The guy’s good. He actually survived Tarik's wrath for quite some time. Considering that his first encounter with him,” Rizzo added.

“I don’t think we should trust him. We just met him and we don’t actually know what he did with the general. It all could’ve been staged, a way to get us in the open. We don’t exactly have the best reputation with people in the city,” Umbra argued.

“That just seems like paranoia. Granted, we aren’t liked by a lot of people but, I highly doubt they would go that much out of their way just to get us out in the open,” Prunia countered looking at Umbra.

“I don’t know. I’m getting an odd vibe from him,” Umbra said looking past everyone to look at Zero who was looking around the city, “And we haven’t even seen his face yet. He’s had that mask on since we met him.”

“We have majority vote, Umbra,” Prunia concluded. Umbra looked irritated with the decision, “look we’ll keep a close eye on him. If anything seems off about him, we’ll confront him, okay,” Prunia assured.

The team headed over to Zero. He was still looking around the city, slightly baffled by its size. He hadn’t been in a metropolis before so this was quite an experience.

~Zero’s POV~

“Zero,” Prunia said getting my attention. She stuck out her hand, “Welcome to the team,” she said.

I reached for her hand and shook it, “Thank you,” I said letting a smile sneak onto my face under my mask. I didn’t want to admit it but, I was glad to have people I could call friends.

“Only under one condition,” she added at the last second.

I tilted my head, “What’s that,” I asked being completely confused from the question.

“Take off the mask. How can we trust you if we haven’t even seen your face yet,” she said.

I looked at her, not liking this deal at all. I had the mask on for a reason. I knew they weren’t in kahoots with COSMO but, you could never be too sure. I thought of how to answer, trying not to come off the wrong way but, couldn’t think of a way without being blunt, “No. The mask stays on,” I said assertively. I paused before continuing, “I want to tell you about my past. Honestly. But, not yet.”

Prunia looked at me confused, “What does taking off your mask have to do with your past?”

“Everything,” I answered, seriousness flooding my voice, “I take off my mask, questions will arise. Answering those questions involves going into my past.”

Prunia looked at me, trying to fully understand what I was saying. She looked at the team then called another huddle, seeing as that was going to be the only way to solve this.

BladeDancer

Beautiful lethality, relentless style

The Outcast - Ch.6

Posted By:
Team Audi #46
Team Audi #46
StarStarStarStarStar
~3rd Person~

“See what I mean,” Umbra said quietly, “Why else would nobody want to take off their mask. Or share their background? At least a little to make us feel comfortable. But nothing.”

“Umbra,” Rizzo said annoyed, “We get it. You don’t like the guy but can you at least let us think for a second? We don’t want to hear your paranoia based comments as soon as the huddle forms.”

Umbra looked at Rizzo, a murderous look making its way onto her face, “What the hell did you just say?”

“Guys,” Prunia yelled a little bit too loudly, “Stop it. Now. We need to really think about this, okay?”

“I believe he would be a great addition to the team,” Quake intervened, getting everybody back on the subject at hand, “Even with him not want to share his past. He said he would. It’s probably for his own comfort. He doesn’t feel comfortable telling just anyone his past. Most likely due to his past.”

Rizzo thought for a second before adding his comment, “I agree with Quake again. The guy is strong. Probably stronger than all of us. We need someone like that.”

“Are you looking purely at strength here,” Umbra asked, still ticked from his pervious comment.

“Yes. He’s stronger than you, ya know.”

“Doubt it.”

“Well, Prunia,” Rizzo said ignoring Umbra, “You’re the tie-breaker. Whaddya think?”

Prunia mulled over the idea of allowing Zero to join even under his circumstances, “We are going to have to keep an even closer eye on him,” she said, giving her answer.

~Zero’s POV~

Prunia was heading toward me again, the rest of the team following exactly like before. I was getting a little antsy. I didn’t want them to turn me down. But, I wasn’t revealing my face yet. That would be too much for a single day.

Prunia was now directly in front of me. I couldn’t read what her answer was from her body language or her face, “You’re in,” she answered. “But,” she added, again, throwing everything off, “You will have to reveal your face within the month. Got it?”

“Yes, ma’am,” I said.

“Don’t call me ma’am, please. Makes me feel like I’m 30,” she said slightly irritated, “Let’s head home. I’ll show you your room and give you your communicator when we get there.”

“Sounds good,” I said following the team. This was a pinnacle event in my life. I would actually have a purpose now. I would be a part of something bigger now. Something I could be proud of. Good. I needed something like that in my crazy life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, looks like things for Zero are turning out quite well. He is on the team but, there is some tension between Zero and Umbra indirectly. Umbra doesn't trust Zero. Who could blame her. The guy has a mask on since they met. What will Umbra do about it? How Zero react when Umbra acts? So many question, not enough answers. They will come next chapter......... Which might happen sooner than you think....... Or will it? Devil

BladeDancer

Beautiful lethality, relentless style

The Outcast - Ch.6

Posted By:
hugebear
hugebear
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar
I hasnt caught up on your story for ages and Im loving it and thanks for posting more [runs off to Chapter 7] xD

from classicalmusicisepic for mesiggy

hugebearkeep calm and hug ted

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Hour-of-code-tumb

Millions of Students will be doing an Hour of Code with Tynker December 8th-14th...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

latest forum posts

E-Dating on Kidzworld.

YEARBOOK QUOTE

likeing 1 boy but not telling him

YEARBOOK QUOTE

Dressed up or dressed down

Dressed up or dressed down

latest videos